Thread: Fresh Detail

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525iA

Talking Fresh Detail

Just washed/waxed and did a full interior detail of my baby this morning, thought i'd throw up a pic, since most of mine are when its dirty

Had an issue with the vinyl for my shadowline, but that's all fixed up now.

Next mods are possibly:
    White solaris invisibulbs for all the turn signals, interior vinyl wrap to get rid of that ugly vavona wood, front strut bar or maybe rear sway bar to tighten up handling... also just noticed that my steering wheel emblem paint is fading off pretty bad.

Any way, enough of my rambling... leave any tips comments suggestions etc

My Cars
    2003 540i m-sport
    Looks really good. What's your mileage?

If you want to tighten up handling, forget a strut bar. They make absolutely no difference at all.

My Cars
    F10 N52
    what kind of vinyl wrap are you thinking about?

My Cars
    1998 540i
    Looks nice!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525iA
    Quote Originally Posted by indy525 View Post

If you want to tighten up handling, forget a strut bar. They make absolutely no difference at all.
    It's running around i think 64k last time i looked. Do they really not make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTiger View Post
    what kind of vinyl wrap are you thinking about?
    I was thinking of the 3m Di-Noc, maybe in some sort of aluminum or black finish, maybe a black colored wood of some sorts? Trying to do a silver/black theme throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeZX View Post
    Looks nice!
    Thanks

My Cars
    2010 e90 335i
    Rear M5 sway bar made a big difference for me. Definitly worth the upgrade in my opinion.

2010 335i - Sport, Nav, Premium, Comfort Access
    (Sold) 2003 530i - 18x9 Style 42's - M5 Rear Sway Bar - White LED Angel Eyes - OEM Front Valance(lip)

My Cars
    '01 740i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by indy525

Really? E39's have notoriously weak strut towers, I would think a strut tower bar would help a lot.

My Cars
    e34, e39
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyFTR View Post
    Really? E39's have notoriously weak strut towers, I would think a strut tower bar would help a lot.
    Only if you're flexing the towers enough to affect the geometry. On a street car with stock suspension I doubt that happens. Stiffening up the suspension first will improve things more.

I wouldn't use a strut bar unless I was trying to wring that last 1/10 out of the suspension, and at that point I'd be on a track. Otherwise it's just weight and bling.
    No current BMWs.
    1994 Roadmaster Wagon
    1974 Alfa Romeo Berlina

My Cars
    2003 BMW 525iA
    That does make sense about the strut bar, probably have to do like a sharp turn at high speed to notice a real difference. Overall I think i'm gonna pick up some goodies(glove box aux power,trunk mat, emblem replacements) today from the stealership and worry about the rest of the major stuff after i move wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
    Rear M5 sway bar made a big difference for me. Definitly worth the upgrade in my opinion.
    Do you notice any oversteer, or does it just handle better? What exactly do you notice differently?
    Last edited by apocalypsegoat; 08-22-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost