Thread: DVD/CD Player in e39

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540

DVD/CD Player in e39

Alright... so its very easy to put a CD player in most vehicles, however i'd bet good money its NOT in a BMW!

I have googled it and haven't found much help- and I know there are some pretty smart people on this forum.

I can get a decent touch screen CD DVD player on ebay, or in a store. I don't care if its the BMW stuff- but i want a touchscreen with a nice monitor....

What hardware would I need? Who sells "mounting kits", and the adapters?

I'm willing to pay decent money just for installation- im tired of my tapedeck. thanks all.

My Cars
    E34
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpinaWannaBe View Post
    Alright... so its very easy to put a CD player in most vehicles, however i'd bet good money its NOT in a BMW!

I have googled it and haven't found much help- and I know there are some pretty smart people on this forum.

I can get a decent touch screen CD DVD player on ebay, or in a store. I don't care if its the BMW stuff- but i want a touchscreen with a nice monitor....

What hardware would I need? Who sells "mounting kits", and the adapters?

I'm willing to pay decent money just for installation- im tired of my tapedeck. thanks all.
    you can get a single din dvd player, like sony A1, remove your original head unit, the the braket left behind is just nice for u to install any single din. get a single din dash kit to cover over. job done.

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540
    would i need a special adapter to plug in the CD player or is it built in? I know for a chevy tracker i could pick it up at Wally World(WalMart)

My Cars
    '02 540 & '07 F150
    You can fit a double din in with some modification (cutting) to the very hard abs plastic vent system in the back. A double will fit high & wide but not deep without the cutting.

You can also do a single din with a flip up screen like this....

I went back to the single din that now looks like below. There is a aftermarket mounting bracket that I used here. I haven't really seen any different style other than this one. The wood grain was just me taking the stock flip door and playing with the dremmel....a little duck tape...and whammo. When I replace the radio (the first time) I also did all the speakers, added a sub & a JL 500/5 amp. I didn't use any of the factory wiring so I dont know what adapters are available.

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540
    looks very nice...still have the pioneer?

My Cars
    '02 540 & '07 F150
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpinaWannaBe View Post
    looks very nice...still have the pioneer?

Nope. Sold it on ebay.

My Cars
    91 325i, 98 528i
    i have a custom eclipse double din.. in my 528i

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsahmad View Post
    i have a custom eclipse double din.. in my 528i
    any install tips?

My Cars
    1996 BMW 523i E39 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by loansinpa View Post
    You can fit a double din in with some modification (cutting) to the very hard abs plastic vent system in the back. A double will fit high & wide but not deep without the cutting.

You can also do a single din with a flip up screen like this....

I went back to the single din that now looks like below. There is a aftermarket mounting bracket that I used here. I haven't really seen any different style other than this one. The wood grain was just me taking the stock flip door and playing with the dremmel....a little duck tape...and whammo. When I replace the radio (the first time) I also did all the speakers, added a sub & a JL 500/5 amp. I didn't use any of the factory wiring so I dont know what adapters are available.

Where did you buy that aftermarket bracket?