Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outside air temperature sensor?

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325 Convertibe
    Aaronu, Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having similar problems and am at the point of replacing my instrument cluster but still holding out hope.

Thanks

My Cars
    EXOTICS

My Cars
    89 325iS, 05 330Ci
    Would my fog light falling out and hanging around a little bit in the area behind where it sits cause this issue?

My Cars
    1998 528i
    Older thread, you know, but I didn't want to start a new one with this one here. I recently bought a 2005 325xi and the temp was functioning normally. About 3 days ago, it began to read 122 degrees. Then, it flunctuated between 122 and -40, finally staying at -40. I went on this thread and looked under the car. A lit of the wheel well is missing in front of the driver's tire and no sign of the sensor other than a lonely blue wire hanging form the wires going to the lights. I'm guessing the sensor was hanging and finally came loose? I've ordered a new sensor but there is no plug on the car. Do I need to get a new plugs it can I wire it directly? Is the blue wire the only one or is there another one I'm missing? I have a pic but can't figure out how to post it.

My Cars
    Audi A4, BMW 318i
    I have another Problem, my Temperature is offset by -10°C.
    So if its 20°C outside it shows 10°C.

What could this be??

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Sensor location may affect reading.

My Cars
    2003 330cic
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler80 View Post
    Older thread, you know, but I didn't want to start a new one with this one here. I recently bought a 2005 325xi and the temp was functioning normally. About 3 days ago, it began to read 122 degrees. Then, it flunctuated between 122 and -40, finally staying at -40. I went on this thread and looked under the car. A lit of the wheel well is missing in front of the driver's tire and no sign of the sensor other than a lonely blue wire hanging form the wires going to the lights. I'm guessing the sensor was hanging and finally came loose? I've ordered a new sensor but there is no plug on the car. Do I need to get a new plugs it can I wire it directly? Is the blue wire the only one or is there another one I'm missing? I have a pic but can't figure out how to post it.
    There is a repair kit available - part number 61132359999 if you know how to crimp wires, or a pigtail like this

I just go to pick n pull, cut off the connector, and crimp it to the broken wire ends. There is no polarity, so you can connect either wire to either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123