Thread: OEM Suspension Replacement - Please Assist

My Cars
    1999 Bmw M3 Convertible

Question OEM Suspension Replacement - Please Assist

Hey there fellow M3 owners. I have a 1999 M3 Cabrio with 77k babied miles -no track exposure. I have read on these forums that the suspension loses its potential very early. I feel that the time has come to replace the shocks, struts, and other components. One indicator that leads me to believe this is the car dips when I switch gears and accelerate.

I do not want to install any upgrades but just want the OEM feel.

1. Should I replace at this time?

2. What parts/components do I need to replace?

3. Do you have any further recommendations?

I appreciate all input.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    yea man

replace the stock shocks/struts

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    If you are not going to be upgrading at all, then check your struts, arms, bushings and then see what needs to be replaced. Don't just throw money at it, unless you're rich.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    97 M3, 08 X3-6m
    If you want OEM feel, get OEM, no matter what people say about the aftermarket parts, they will always be harsher than OEM. like mentioned before, you should check to see what parts actually need replaced, from the sounds of it, you prolly only need to replace the shocks. Bushings don't really wear out as quickly, especially if you baby it and don't track it.