Thread: ok car wash ate my pass side mirror cover....

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!

ok car wash ate my pass side mirror cover....

does anyone know a good place to get a mirror cover. my car wash broke the clips on the inside so i need a new ones. i would like to have black this time. any ideas?
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    Turbo E39/06 525i
    Time for the m5 upgrade...

My Cars
    2003 530i 2012 X3
    Ok we need at least 1 picture.
    2003 530i Sport; Blk/Blk; 6 spd; Brembo; Dinan Stage 2; BBS RS-GT; Zionville
    VF Engineering SC V3 for sale here: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...E39-6-Cylinder

My Cars
    2015 BMW X5 x35d
    i have a titanium silver cover you could paint black. pm me if you're interested, I'll make you a deal

My Cars
    Oxford 540i6 3/98
    This happened to me. I just glued it back on temporarily. Hasn't moved since.

My christmas list has m-tech mirrors on it now.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING .....BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by MLRJR View Post
    my car wash sucks, they all do and taking a BMW to a car wash is like bringing Jennifer Connelly to McDonald's for dinner
    Fixed.
    "I'd smash that (Jennifer Connelly) like a failed coup in sub-Saharan Africa."
    ~Macktheknife in my epic Jennifer Connelly OT Thread

My Cars
    03 m3
    lesson learned. dont go through automatic car washes. no matter what.

My Cars
    Oxford 540i6 3/98
    In my defense it was a "touchless" car wash.

The part that broke the mirror was the HUGE fans they dry your car with. I think it was just the straw the broke the camels back.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING .....BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

My Cars
    2002, 528i, LS430, RX330
    go to the dealer...they're 50 bucks...

You'll have to get it painted, but trust me when I say this.

Don't try and test fit the part before paint. You'll try and remove it and end up damaging the tabs.

-buy part (preferably oem part from dealer)
    -paint part
    -install part
    -leave it alone

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuitnd View Post
    this happened to me. I just glued it back on temporarily. Hasn't moved since.

My christmas list has m-tech mirrors on it now.
    mee too....so far so good. Good ole gorilla glue. Hell it may never come off.

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfiver View Post
    fixed.

love jennifer connely!

I agree but i own the business next door and i let the car wash use my parking lot and dumpster. In return i get umlimited car washes and one detail per month,and a wax job per quarter. It is a very nice car wash. They do all types of exotics with no issues. I think the tabs are crap like another poster said.so far the gorilla glue is holding.
    Last edited by MLRJR; 11-27-2008 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    2003 525i
    mee too....so far so good. Good ole gorilla glue. Hell it may never come off.

love jennifer connely!

I agree but i own the business next door and i let the car wash use my parking lot and dumpster. In return i get umlimited car washes and one detail per month,and a wax job per quarter. It is a very nice car wash. They do all types of exotics with no issues. I think the tabs are crap like another poster said.so far the gorilla glue is holding.
    There is no such thing as a car wash worth having your car's paint washed at. Spend some time in the 'Detailing' sub-forum above, it's very straightforward in the sense the 'best' car wash will generate swirls and scratches on your car 24/7/365.

*If* they are solid, they will offer PURE Hand Wash, where your car is put off to the side and a man or men who know what they're doing, wash the car properly.

The term "great Car Wash shop" is an oxymoron. They owe you? Train them. Make them wash it properly, dry it by hand, glaze and wax it or seal it or polish and wax, but driving it through a building, shaped like a rectangle, where a machine scours the paint, or men with dirty mitts rub the paint as hard as possible...is not only a waste of time, but a loss of paint (and parts).

Car wash? Stop by one? I wash my own car, I don't want any mook touching my car.
    "I'd smash that (Jennifer Connelly) like a failed coup in sub-Saharan Africa."
    ~Macktheknife in my epic Jennifer Connelly OT Thread

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!
    well i know what you saying...but. im 46 and have run porches mercedes and bmws through this detail shop with no issues. there is nothing that spins or swirls. everything is cloth and it is hand dried with freshly washed towels on every car. my last porsche was too low to fit through the tunnel so they always hand washed it and the paint on it looked no different on either of my cars. i too trade very often. i have gone through 13 in the last 6 years,so they dont last to long with me. i guess if i had a black car worth a few hundred thousand but hey these are just cars afterall.
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    Why are people running these cars thru automatic washers?!?!?!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -
    Got any questions about my car? Feel free to PM me!

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!
    they are cars.
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    they are cars.

agreed my cars go through automatic car washes all the time in winter since it is too cold to wash by hand and i cant get the salt out from the under body.

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy
    they are cars.
    Thats what the "car wash" in "hand car wash" is for?

I know man... dont mind me, im just saying stuff.
    During the winter there arent many automatics that stay open around here.
    So a few go getters keep their hand wash places open for those of us who care enuff to wash our cars.

Sucks that this happened
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -

My Cars
    Subaru Baja + Lotus 7
    I dont know about you guys.. but i generally cant turn on my hose in sub 10 degree average winters.. auto wash's FTW from about now till march.
    Putting things where they don't belong.

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!
    Care enuff?.......i would argue that my car is the cleanest here.....im not downing anyone. I just get free washing and detailing. Believe me i care. I am very anal about my car and were it is parked and who is driving...etc. But afterall it is a car.
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    00' 528i, 11' Legacy

Exclamation

Care enuff?.......i would argue that my car is the cleanest here.....im not downing anyone. I just get free washing and detailing. Believe me i care. I am very anal about my car and were it is parked and who is driving...etc. But afterall it is a car.

Yes, believe it or not, most people do not care enuff to wash their cars during the winter........ it happens....
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION

- 2000 528i Sport
    -

My Cars
    2003 540i MTECH 6SP!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfiver View Post
    There is no such thing as a car wash worth having your car's paint washed at. Spend some time in the 'Detailing' sub-forum above, it's very straightforward in the sense the 'best' car wash will generate swirls and scratches on your car 24/7/365.

*If* they are solid, they will offer PURE Hand Wash, where your car is put off to the side and a man or men who know what they're doing, wash the car properly.

The term "great Car Wash shop" is an oxymoron. They owe you? Train them. Make them wash it properly, dry it by hand, glaze and wax it or seal it or polish and wax, but driving it through a building, shaped like a rectangle, where a machine scours the paint, or men with dirty mitts rub the paint as hard as possible...is not only a waste of time, but a loss of paint (and parts).

Car wash? Stop by one? I wash my own car, I don't want any mook touching my car.

MOOK HATER!
    2003 BMW 540I M-TECH 6SP

My Cars
    2003 Topaz Blue 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by TBar View Post
    I dont know about you guys.. but i generally cant turn on my hose in sub 10 degree average winters.. auto wash's FTW from about now till march.
    If you have access to warm water, and a bucket with a mitt or sponge, check out Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine. Its a car wash soap that you can use without a hose. Alot of guys on the detail forums like autopia, detailcity etc swear by it.

I had my doubts using something without a hose, but after hearing all the raves about it, I gave it a try. I too lose my hose much of the winter, and I dont use car washes.

I tried it, and it really surprised me. I wash the car in my garage, or driveway. It works very well, and my finish has been swirl free. As an extra bonus, the soap actually adds some shine, and leave behind some protection as well. Check out youtube; there are a few videos showing people using it.