Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Easy way to install an aftermarket radio into your factory amplified system

My Cars
    97 528i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by moraisjr7 View Post
    I've read this whole thread like 5 times and its given me a migrain lol...

This thread is definitely confusing now with different sets of information. I'm hoping 12v Electronics or Halston Pitman can chime in as they seem to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to car audio. I have a 1994 325i that currently has the stock amp for the 8 speaker Hi-Fi system. I'm relocating the Climate Controls and am installing a double din Radio (pioneer dmh-w4660nex). I went ahead and purchased both the 70-8591 (amp integration harness) AND 70-8590 (basic aftermarket harness) and will just return whichever harness I don't end up using... Can either of you with close to 100% certainty, tell me which harness will work best in my car? I just want plug and play if possible, i dont want to have to run all new wires to my speakers etc...

Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i was wondering if you're familiar with wiring in a backup cam. I've never installed a backup cam before so i'm not sure where the "reverse" wire should be tapped into. Or would i just be better off grounding that wire and manually selecting Camera from the radio every time i want it on while reversing?
    In my experience with aftermarket head units in your era bmw, and with only using pioneer head units myself… all you need is the 70-8590 basic aftermarket harness, no need for RCA amp harness, even the basic factory amp improves in sound with the connection of a aftermarket head unit.
    97 Aspen Silver on Schwartz/Technical Graphite. 196k miles. 140k M52. S50 cams. E38 comfort seats. More to come soon.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by AspenSilverE39 View Post
    In my experience with aftermarket head units in your era bmw, and with only using pioneer head units myself… all you need is the 70-8590 basic aftermarket harness, no need for RCA amp harness, even the basic factory amp improves in sound with the connection of a aftermarket head unit.

Thanks man, that is what I was thinking but just wanted confirmation.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Don't know what all the fuss was about this. I used the 70-8590 and installed this radio in like 10 mins lol. Replacing all the speakers tomorrow and then I'm golden.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234