Thread: Any vert owners install Micro antenna?

My Cars
    328i Convertable

Any vert owners install Micro antenna?

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-...duct_info.html

Just wondering if anyone has replaced their antenna with an aftermarket one before.

Also, anyone install these puddle lamps either?

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/BMW-...duct_info.html

My Cars
    '10 X5, '98 M3 - 302
    I want to tackle the puddle light deal. But the only color options for the lights are bright red and oem amber. I want either white or white with a blue hue.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328iC
    I got the bimmian antenna, I really like the look of it, it's short and gets just as good reception as the original.

My Cars
    BMW E36 Cabrio
    I got a mini once, replaced it back with the original because the reception was really bad.

My Cars
    328i Convertable
    Thats what Im worried about the reception. It says the larger one has no loss but I cant be sure about that. Did the bimmian antenna have a noticeable loss in reception?

As for the puddle lights I want to do it, and since I have a Helrot, I think the red would look good. I also want to try and get some lights to light up the door handles as well.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    I actually like the OEM antenna.

Someone on this forum did a very nice "OEM look" puddle light. He took these lights that are also in the footwells (on later cars) and installed these at the underside of the door panel. It fits right in between the 2 doorpockets. Hook them up to the interior light and you're done.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    2001 325Ci cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    I actually like the OEM antenna.

Someone on this forum did a very nice "OEM look" puddle light. He took these lights that are also in the footwells (on later cars) and installed these at the underside of the door panel. It fits right in between the 2 doorpockets. Hook them up to the interior light and you're done.
    Might be fun to tackle.
    - Chris

My Cars
    98 323 vrt, g37 vrt
    I have the bimmian antenna - the reception seems fine (and unchanged) to me.

Peter

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i vert
    Let me get this straight. Those puddle lights shine outside of the car. ONly when the door is opened though right? I think that would be a little stupid if they were on while you were driving...no one likes need for speed crap. But if they were just on when you opened your door that would be pretty neat looking I think.

EDIT: Read about the lights a little more. I'll try to read next time. But then again what if you were driving and needed to turn on the map light? I bet you could freak out some squares with that?
    Last edited by JoshBMX; 11-23-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Read up on the website about the lights...

My Cars
    328i Convertable
    I never thought of that. I would probably install it to the center dome light so I can still use the two side ones. I have 6 LEDs in each side so they pretty much light up the entire front without the need for the center.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i vert
    ^Good plan. I'd be interested to see the end result. Post up some pics if or when you do these lights

My Cars
    328i Convertable
    If I do I will definitely take some pics. I did order the micro antenna though so its on the way. If I have some time I will post some pics of my LED dome light setup.

My Cars
    1988 320I German spec
    before I wrecked mine, I was actually gonna get a satellite radio antenna, and find some way to put it in he inside of my trunk lid, and shave the antenna mount on the outside where the OEM one is. Kinda hard to explain with out pics, but kinda hard to do it with out a vert. Ill be getting another soon, and I will post a DIY on it sometime in the near future.

My Cars
    2016 328i Sport
    I use an antenna from a 04 Civic Si. It gets about the same reception but its nice and small and works with the body better. IMO-

My Cars
    1998 M3 Cabriolet
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblack325 View Post
    before I wrecked mine, I was actually gonna get a satellite radio antenna, and find some way to put it in he inside of my trunk lid, and shave the antenna mount on the outside where the OEM one is. Kinda hard to explain with out pics, but kinda hard to do it with out a vert. Ill be getting another soon, and I will post a DIY on it sometime in the near future.
    Antenna? What antenna????

I like the look of a shaved body!!! (of course I'm talking about my CAR, get your mind out of the gutter!)

Yeah, I get pretty much crap reception. I'm planning on getting one of the ones that mounts on the window so I can get my Radio back...

Something like this:

Or this:

Or Maybe I'll just let Nitrousoxide choose an antenna for me, since he has such great taste in antennas and is sporting such a sexy one on his car... But then again, if I let Chris choose, I'll probably end up with something like this on my car:

1998 M3 Cabriolet (Estoril, Hardtop, Vaders, Dinan Stage 5, M50 Mani, Eisenmann Exhaust, UUC Pulley & SSK, Reiger Body Kit, 19" Staggered Axis Pentas, Momo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob)
    2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2013 F150 Ecoboost (6"lift, 20" wheels, 35" tires) 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 (2 Bros Exhaust, Power Commander, Fender Eliminator, Flush Mounts, Throttlemeister, etc.)

Interested in using a Professional Fender Rolling tool w/ Heat Gun?. PM me for details.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

My Cars
    328i Convertable
    I installed the micro antenna and I would say its about 80% as good as the stock one. There are still some stations I have preset that come in a bit fuzzy/static. Its not that bad though.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Tray if you like shaved bodies, why not have the mouldings shaves, doorhandles, bootlock and the trimpiece above the lock.

You like it because you have it, you dirty bastard! I like the antenna look! Makes it look like a big RC car!

And: huge antenna with radio > no antenna, no radio.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    18 M2, 20 WRX
    HAHAHAHA i love the stripper one!
    BMW M2, Subaru WRX ( WRX > M2)
    Waiting on the 2021 STI...

My Cars
    98 M3 vert, 05 X5
    I too like to OEM antenna -- but the "shaved" look definitely has its merits.... did you (trayson) remove and fill the hole yourself, or bought it that way?
    Shizzam!

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Link to bimmian?

Has anyone tried the JlevisSW mini? Don't want Nano I don't think. Easy plug and play install? Have to route a whole new antenna wire forward?

Sorry their website doesn't seem to help much

My Cars
    90 300zx, 97 e36 Vert, 00 audi S4, 04 Sorento
    When I did the whole body on my Z32 I shaved the rear wiper arm and the Antenna and then installed the same one trayson put up:

and Had better reception than OEM, I really didnt need it since I dont really listen to FM and besides the Z32 had 2 antennas...

Anyway, how I did it was the right way, you have to WELD a backing plate where the hole is and then make it smooth and level with puty coat, etc...

My Cars
    E36 convertible blacks
    Hi buddy, where did you get the trunk lid trim spoiler?

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2013 X5
    Short stubby antenna, love the look and no reception issues at all.