Thread: S54 in E36 M3 works!!!

My Cars
    99M3, 97NSX, 03S600, 04RX330, 04Dakota, 01 3.2TL

S54 in E36 M3 works!!!

This is a message to everyone interested. I know people who have seen the swap. I also assume that its illegal, because it was done by a chop shop and used a stolen car (02 M Coupe, not M3 Coupe, but the Roadster Coupe.) This is speculation though, cause I haven't seen it, and I'm a person that sees it to believe it.

Thats besides tha point though of wether its stolen or not.

Fact is, they used an 02 M coupe with the 315hp. Seeing how most of the car is based loosely around an e36 except the rear being adapted from the E30, it seems this swap was not bad. They used everything from the donor to make it work. But its running around in Jersey City / New York City I believe.

If anyone knows more about this setup please fill us in. If the engine can't fit, I'd like to know what was done to make it fit.

If the member is on this forum, sorry I speculated about the source, but thats what I heard.

Thanks guys.

L8R
    Engine & Driveline: ICS Stage 4 SC * 8 Rib * 15+psi * xx# injectors * Schrick Cams * Larger HFM * Port & Polished Head * 3 Angle Valve Job * VAC MLS .140 HG * E36TD Fan Setup * Shorty Headers * Track Pipe * UUC UDPs * S54 Oil Cooler * OEM S54 Radiator * S54 Guibo * Stromung Exhaust * ACS Delete * UUC SSK * Rouge WSR * UUC TME
    Chasis Tuning: GC COs * UUC Sways * X-Brace * Rouge RSM * GC RTAB * AA DSB * Z3 Steering Rack * BBS RC 18x8.5 ET38/ 255/35/18s @ all 4* Front Strut Brace * RaceLogic * 3.38 LSD
    Exterior: DEEP BLACK PAINT * Rolled Fenders * Custom Vented Hood * RD Diffuser * Red DDEs * 8,000K HIDs * Smoked Markers
    Coming Soon: Finish ICE * 6-sp Trans * 6 Pot 13.6 Fr, 4 Pot 12.9 Rr BBK
    4 Sale: M3 S52 Cams * M3 Rear Seats * 99 M3 Fan&Clutch, Intake Manifold, Headers * Alum Therm Housing * 42# Injectors * Dresmann Rear Kit * Tilton/ICS Flywheel & Clutch * LED, Smoked & OEM Taillights * & More
    Wheels & Tires: Custom 18x8.5 BBS RCs * 3 17x8 Grey OZ Superleggeras * RD RGS 17x8

My Cars
    E30, E36/5, F350
    I can't see a reason why the motor wouldn't fit, it's the same size as the S52. There isn't really that much physically different. you would just have to use the DME from the S54.

My Cars
    Black 318is, with a V12 in its future
    I want details, and I want them NOW!

My Cars
    Bernmobile
    Not much different? Well off the top of my head, how about...

Throttle position
    Wheel sensors
    Instrument cluster
    Computer (as you stated)
    Exhaust sensors
    Fuel tank sensors
    ABS system (including computer)
    I am sure there is lots more, but you get the picture.

And if you are trying to put in the SMG I am sure there are a number of other issues that would need to be worked out. It would be pretty cool to see this engine in an E36, but a more sensible swap would probably be the 3.2 Euro engine...which would probably be less expensive as well, assuming one comes upon their drivetrain be legal means...still fun to think about

My Cars
    m3, 335d, 335i, g500
    I am skeptical.

The amount of electrical work that would have to go into it is unfathomable...if it was true I'm sure there would be much more buzz on the car, especially in the NYC metro area. This is the first I've heard of it actually being DONE.

"It never hurts your eyes to look on the bright side." - Charles Manson

My Cars
    93 325is
    would it possible for a s54 to be converted to odb1?

My Cars
    None
    I am very skeptical as well and no OBD1 will never ever work on an S54 engine.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    I have read up plenty on this matter and first of all it doesn't make any practical sense to do such a swap and second of all the new m motors have problems outta this world!

Just stick with the EURO M motor and you will be ok!
    Proudly sponsored by ElusiveFX

My Cars
    E46M3 SWC, E90325 GAC, E36 ITS, 04 2500HD
    Not to mention the fact that PTG needed a Motec to control the S54...if they didn't want to mess with it...
    Rob Birkhead | Principal

My Cars
    99M3, 97NSX, 03S600, 04RX330, 04Dakota, 01 3.2TL
    OBD 1 won't work for sure. But I agree on the Euro swap...I want to hear more about this...
    Engine & Driveline: ICS Stage 4 SC * 8 Rib * 15+psi * xx# injectors * Schrick Cams * Larger HFM * Port & Polished Head * 3 Angle Valve Job * VAC MLS .140 HG * E36TD Fan Setup * Shorty Headers * Track Pipe * UUC UDPs * S54 Oil Cooler * OEM S54 Radiator * S54 Guibo * Stromung Exhaust * ACS Delete * UUC SSK * Rouge WSR * UUC TME
    Chasis Tuning: GC COs * UUC Sways * X-Brace * Rouge RSM * GC RTAB * AA DSB * Z3 Steering Rack * BBS RC 18x8.5 ET38/ 255/35/18s @ all 4* Front Strut Brace * RaceLogic * 3.38 LSD
    Exterior: DEEP BLACK PAINT * Rolled Fenders * Custom Vented Hood * RD Diffuser * Red DDEs * 8,000K HIDs * Smoked Markers
    Coming Soon: Finish ICE * 6-sp Trans * 6 Pot 13.6 Fr, 4 Pot 12.9 Rr BBK
    4 Sale: M3 S52 Cams * M3 Rear Seats * 99 M3 Fan&Clutch, Intake Manifold, Headers * Alum Therm Housing * 42# Injectors * Dresmann Rear Kit * Tilton/ICS Flywheel & Clutch * LED, Smoked & OEM Taillights * & More
    Wheels & Tires: Custom 18x8.5 BBS RCs * 3 17x8 Grey OZ Superleggeras * RD RGS 17x8