Thread: FS: 1991 318i TOURING - M50 Swapped and more

My Cars
    A BMW

FS: 1991 318i TOURING - M50 Swapped and more

You have all seen the thread:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=912284

Car is officially for sale. Click through the pictures to see how it sits now.

The only differences is that I have the Mtech II front and rear test fit to the car (instead of in the trunk) and the kopis are gone and the REAL alpinas are on the car.

What you get with the car:

Body: The actual Car. FULL Mtech II REAL. New front and rear used DS colored sides and door paneling. Two new front doors as well (rust free).

Suspension: I can put the custom Bav springs and new Bilsteins in before the sale of the car.

Wheels: YOU GET THE ALPINAS

Interior: Kevin Chin is working on some pieces for front sport seats as well as custom rears. Black OE Vinyl. These are included.

Drivetrain: The swapped M50 needs only wiring to be complete - and I may well complete that. The 11.5lb UUC flywheel, M roady 3.23 LSD, and all other components are in.

New Mtech II steering wheel, lighting shift knob/boot, CD43 radio. You get it all.

What it needs to be complete: Suspension (I can do), Wiring (I can do), bodywork (on your own), exhaust (i suggest a custom cat to an E30 exhaust - or a full custom system).

It really doesn't need much. I expect that someone could be complete with the car for $4-$6k depending on your abilities and connections.

If you take the car as it sits: $9K FIRM

If you want the car COMPLETE: $25K OBO.

It goes to paint next week so if you want a completely unique car at a reduced price now is the time to buy... If you part the Mtech II and Alpinas you could have the car for $5-$6k out the door... and just have to do exhaust and find two bumpers... THIS IS A HELL OF A DEAL.

I'm just done with this stuff. But no fuss for me to complete... Just would rather pass it along.

Thanks for looking.

(also it is registered and inspected in NH through Jan 31, 2009 - It is "title exempt" which is NH law - just sold another Title Exempt car to Audiquattrot and he is registering in NY State with my registration and a notarized form from NH... This car is IN the US, registered in the US, and can be transferred to any state...)
    Last edited by NHskibm; 02-08-2009 at 07:34 PM.

My Cars
    '87 325is
    if there was anytime i wish i had money lying around, it would be this exact moment in time. good luck with the sale, such a great car.

My Cars
    A BMW
    I'd also entertain trade + cash... Depending on the trade...

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '05 M3
    bump for a great seller! And to whomever buys his car, I may be interested in the Alpinas if you do end up selling

Also just as a note....the NH title will NOT be an issue for anyone who buys this car. I titled Howard's iX in New York this past Monday, and all I needed was a notarized form + registration....which was all provided to me by NHskibm.

Whomever buys this car IS getting a steal!

2005 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    1990 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport

My Cars
    '90 325iX, '15 Fit EX MT
    trade for an ix

good luck with the sale man, i dont see this being as tedious as the ix sale as its a complete steal. oh and i have to see this car in person before you sell it!!
    Last edited by davey101; 11-19-2008 at 10:21 PM.

My Cars
    '02 325ci '97 NA Eunos
    Why are you selling off all of the e30's you put so much work into

Makes no sense man, you're not going to get what you put into them back. And you didn't even get to enjoy this one.
    "Screwed" by ESS Tuning

My Cars
    too many bmws
    Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post

Makes no sense man, you're not going to get what you put into them back. And you didn't even get to enjoy this one.
    he's getting out of the game.. i haven't seen this car personally but having known his work and seen his ix, I have no doubt this is a well sorted car and a helluva deal!
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by audiquattrot View Post
    bump for a great seller! And to whomever buys his car, I may be interested in the Alpinas if you do end up selling

Also just as a note....the NH title will NOT be an issue for anyone who buys this car. I titled Howard's iX in New York this past Monday, and all I needed was a notarized form + registration....which was all provided to me by NHskibm.

Whomever buys this car IS getting a steal!
    thanks anthony.. YGPM

Quote Originally Posted by davey101 View Post
    trade for an ix

good luck with the sale man, i dont see this being as tedious as the ix sale as its a complete steal. oh and i have to see this car in person before you sell it!!
    It's here in NH...

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 325ix View Post

Kish is right.. I'm trying to simplify my life and in a short while move to Boston... Only room for one car down there... I have other things that need my attention so the cars are going...

Quote Originally Posted by kishg View Post
    he's getting out of the game.. i haven't seen this car personally but having known his work and seen his ix, I have no doubt this is a well sorted car and a helluva deal!
    thanks kish...

Also one final bump to sell "as-is"... $9k firm is now $9k OBO and cash/paypal talks... I'm willing to deal before bodywork is started...

The car needs:

- Exhaust purchased and put in - "as-is" this is on you.
    - Suspension put in (I have ALL Parts) - "as-is" install on you.
    - M50 wiring to be completed - if purchased "as-is" I'll complete.
    - Bodywork - Mtech II mounted Painted - minor rust removal (covered by Mtech II though).
    - Interior put in - have sport seats that I'll put in - need some bolster pieces and the rears but I will have all needed parts drop shipped and paid for on my dime from Kevin when he is done.

All in all it is VERY close to completion. I just would prefer to pass it along instead of complete - for the right price...

It is supposed to have the body work started next week... So this weekend is the final chance...

My Cars
    1994 740i
    do you finance? lol
    Last edited by BrewCity11; 11-21-2008 at 01:32 PM.

My Cars
    A BMW
    will your brother co-sign?

My Cars
    too many bmws
    turk you should get it so you and L can have matching tourings in DS and AW
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '00 F-350 Dually
    BMWCCA #360858 NASA # 128290

https://www.facebook.com/COTABBR

My Cars
    A BMW
    on its way to the bodyshop now... looks like if someone wants it they'll have to wait until the car is complete... offers accepted for a complete car...

My Cars
    1994 740i
    For being as popular as it is among BMW enthusiasts, it's really surprising this hadn't sold as it is. Now it's no longer going to be affordable to most of us . Oh well, i'm still young.

My Cars
    A BMW
    I was trying...

Hopefully she'll go in the near future... I'm also going to offer her up for trade... I.e. I'd take an E30 M3, a 2002tii, a regular E30 plus cash... I'd entertain E36 M3, Z3 2.5/2.8 plus cash, M roady (z3), and others...

I'm willing to work a deal with the right person... Someone may have an $8k E30 and $8k cash and I'd work with them although they might not have $20k for the car...

hope I'm making sense.. it is friday night at 10pm...

My Cars
    A BMW

My Cars
    325ix, 2000 Mcoupe
    probably the reason its not sold is because no bank (or few) are going to finance a car this old with this title situation.

So unless said buyer has a bunch of cash laying around or an expensive car to trade its going to be a tough sell.

I can't imagine what it would cost to take out a 20k personal loan at 10-12 percent interest. (im too lazy to look)

that being said its a cool ass car and i'm sure the right buyer is lurking around somewhere.
    1991 325ix
    2000 Mcoupe

My Cars
    A BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by drmcdave View Post
    probably the reason its not sold is because no bank (or few) are going to finance a car this old with this title situation.

So unless said buyer has a bunch of cash laying around or an expensive car to trade its going to be a tough sell.

I can't imagine what it would cost to take out a 20k personal loan at 10-12 percent interest. (im too lazy to look)

that being said its a cool ass car and i'm sure the right buyer is lurking around somewhere.
    Yeah, I should have just 'punted' it for $5-$7k before the body work.

It would have to be a cash or cash+trade deal... Unless we are talking about someone with a Home Equity loan or something. Personal loan will not be an option.

There really is no "title situation". NH DOES NOT ISSUE title on a 15+ year old car.

I have a 1983 320i that I also have a title for (MA title). I took the title to the NH reg and they registered the car and handed the title back to me. They did not take it and issue a new one even though I had a title.

I had a 1989 325iX I bought local - as in down the street from my house. No title. Had it 4 years. Sold it to a NY resident (on this board as Audiquattrot) and all he needed was my Current NH registration (signed over of course) and a bill of sale - which NH has a downloadable for "Sale of a non-titled vehicle" which I filled out and had notarized.

He has since received a title on the car and infact sold it on ebay.

I am in the process of working on a solution to get a title however so as that this is a non-issue. In my opinion it is a non-issue however I can understand the lack of security a buyer might feel.

This is where NH tends to screw us on cars like this.

My Cars
    BMW 325it
    NH's 15 year title rule/law is the truth. I bought a titleless Saab in NH a few years back. If you bring into a state neighboring NH, I'm sure they are all aware of it and will title the car.

If you bring outside of NH (mine came to VA), you'll have to jump some hoops at the DMW, but eventually, they'll issue a new title. I think I had to call NH for an official notarized "note" explaining the NH law (they apparently hand these out regularly and have a specific department housed at a NH correctional facility to handle these calls, lol), and bring that to the DMV. Still a pain (as they didn't want to accept the note) but handled after a supervisor came out.

Anyways, bump for a sweet project, and gl with the sale!

My Cars
    A BMW
    Thanks for the bump at the explanation!

MUCH appreciated.

My parents live in IL and my dad went to the DMV today and they said something similar to VA - about the letter explaining the law.