Thread: Numerals not fully lit on Radio screen

My Cars
    2002 330CIC

Numerals not fully lit on Radio screen

Anyone have any suggestions? It seems as if there is a row of bulbs that are out. Not all the numerals are readable, also the time readout is the same way. Is there a replacement screen? A fix? This is on a 528I 1999
    Last edited by Roadkng; 11-11-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Needed to add model and date

My Cars
    2001 530i
    I had the same problem. You can try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins, but there is a small chance this will work. Your only options are to replace the whole MID unit, which you can find for a reasonable price on ebay or on this forum possibly, or replace with an aftermarket unit, which will widen your options of satellite radio and Aux input for an ipod or mp3 player, but with aftermarket you will lose the "oem" look.
    Last edited by killakam89; 11-24-2008 at 02:09 AM. Reason: invalid information

My Cars
    2002 330CIC

Radio numerals

Thanks, tried the battery disconnect, that didn't work. Found a place out of Portsmouth, N.H. that carries both new, and used parts. Gave him the VIN. and he has a mid unit in stock for $125. I would guess that is a fair price, what do you think?