Thread: Anyone here run high-flow cats?

My Cars
    '94 325i

Anyone here run high-flow cats?

Hey..Does anyone here have high-flow cats on their car? The parents are kinda opposed to nixing the cats....And mine are going pretty damn quickly..I'm looking at buying some Magnaflow cats from evosport, for $125 a piece..They're cheaper than OEM and supposedly flow better...

If anyone is running them, or has any experience with them, should I expect any power gains? I will most likely buy them, just because they are cheaper than OEM.

Later

My Cars
    E46 325i, E60 545i 6sp
    ?
    i guess

my set up used to be a 2.75" pipe from right after where the headers finish to a 3' resonator, to a very high flowing magna flow muffler
    ** no cat
    it sounded very very loud and i lost all my low end torque.

so i changed to some no name muffler (temporaily) to create more back pressure and quiet the damn thing down a bit
    still no cat

but now i wanna go get the shit back to OEM pipes and only change my muffler because the smoke is really getting to me already, it smells like fucking ass everytime i come to a stop light or wind blows the shit in my face

i hope this helped?

My Cars
    '94 325i
    That was what I was also concerned about, when thinking about running straight pipes. I didn't want to lose any torque, because hey, I only have a 2.5l motor...