Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fix walkthrough for faulty wipers

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    Hi,

This problem just happened to me. The fix sounds straight forward but does anyone have the pictures as they are big help when you are alone in your garage trying to do the repair?

Thanks in advance!
    Harry
    1970 VW Sunroof Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa - "Smokey"
    2003 BMW Z4
    2009 MB C300

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4
    Found this post here: http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewto...p?f=34&t=55535

Took me about 1 1/2 hours. Easy!
    Harry
    1970 VW Sunroof Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa - "Smokey"
    2003 BMW Z4
    2009 MB C300

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4
    Thanks for the repost with pics from Z4-Forum!

My Cars
    BMW E39, E60
    Hi, I was having the same problems with my E60- 2008. Wipers were not responding correctly, sometimes even stopped working in the middle of the windscreen. The only way to make it work was to turn ignition off and restart.
    I even changed a relay, but the problem was not solved. Found this article, I followed the steps , when I opened the wiper motor, there was water and residue( chemical reaction) on the contacts. I cleaned the contacts. And put the motor back, and it worked as new.all switches of the wiper working superb. My wiper motor got water I side because the elastic drain at the bottom of the windscreen was damaged and water and dust accumulated in the motor. Had to repair this as well. Thanks a lot to this article, my wipers work again and saved me a nice amount of money. Thank you very much for the help. Hope this works for others. Cheers 😀

My Cars
    2004 BMW Z4 3.0
    I just did this fix. Took me about 1.5 hours because I wanted to make sure I did it correctly. I’m guessing someone had been in this area before because a few clips, etc. were missing. I followed the directions as laid out and they worked just fine. I did, however, use a small flathead screwdriver to spring that white clip that held the motor in. It was a bit difficult to get it back on but I did it.

Found a ton of grease inside. Cleaned that all up and the wipers seem fine. I’ll know better when it rains.

Despite marking the wiper positions, I still don’t have them completely correct and they may need more adjustment.

Wiper removal was the hardest part. I tried a $12 battery post/wiper arm puller from EBay and it did nothing but scratch the finish on the base of the arms. I resulted to the wiggle and tug method and that worked best.

Thanks for a great write up. After the arm removal, it’s a pretty simple operation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123