Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Specials at The Tire Rack

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    If you are looking for the best all around handling tire on the market I would also look at the Super Sport. In the testing they were the best. There are better dry handling tires but nothing with the wet and dry along with tread life of the Super Sport. The deal right now is the 70.00 mail in rebate.
    If I can help let me know.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

My Cars
    2008 BMW Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim@tirerack View Post
    If you are looking for the best all around handling tire on the market I would also look at the Super Sport. In the testing they were the best. There are better dry handling tires but nothing with the wet and dry along with tread life of the Super Sport. The deal right now is the 70.00 mail in rebate.
    If I can help let me know.
    Thanks Jim.

So, what would you recommend as better in the dry? I rarely will drive the car in the rain. I did have someone recommend the Conti DW (not the DWS).

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Bridgestone RE-11, Dunlop Star Spec and Hankook RS3. These are all track tires for the street.

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850I
    I just ordered a staggered set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports for a set of new rims going on my 850i but i didn't realize i had to go through the links here to allow the forum to get credit. Is there a way i can still make that happen?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Send me your order number and I can check

My Cars
    1991 BMW 850I
    Sent an email since i cant PM you

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    send it to jim@tirerack.com

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i Sport 6spd
    hello, i have a 99 540i/6 and just bought a set of oem m-parallels i was wondering how would 265 or 255/40/18 up front and 275/35/18 in the rear. would this work? the guy before me had a 265's on all 4 corners of his e39

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Hello Lelan,

The 275 on the rear will require a fender lip roll and some negative camber.

My Cars
    99' M3 5.7L
    Hi Jim,

I've got a 99 e36 323is lowered with koni shocks and spring from tire rack. I'd like to run 245/40/17 square on an 8" rim but wondering if I'll need spacers up front. I'm also trying to decide between the Bridgestone RE-11 and Dunlop Star Spec. What are the key differentiators between these two tires?

Thanks!

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    It depends on the specific tire and the wheels offset. You may need a small 3 to 5 mm spacer to pull the wheel away from the suspension.
    If I can help with the package let me know.

My Cars
    '92 325i, 2010 Civic Si
    Any idea when Continental ExtremeContact DWS's (215/45/17) will be back in stock? (Tires are for a 2010 Civic Si, actually.)

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Unfortunately they do not have any ETA. It could be 6 to 8 weeks.

My Cars
    '92 325i, 2010 Civic Si
    Ah, damn. I've got 60,000 on the OEM tires, and they're pushing the limit. Takes almost nothing to break em loose. Thanks for the quick response, in any case.

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Take a look at the new Bridgestone RE970 AS. In our testing the 970 was the best all season performance tire. They do have a 70.00 mail in rebate. If I can help let me know.

My Cars
    G60
    Looking for something to replace my PS2 Run Flats. 245/40/18

Would like something comparable if not better. Any recommendations?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Are you looking for run flats? What kind of tire are you looking for? Are you looking for better performance, ride quality or tread life.
    Let me know and I can make a better recommendation.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    Looking for a recommendation for an all season tire for my 2003 E39 sedan. Currently running Goodyear Assurance Tripletred and one blew on me last night.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is coupe
    Hi newbie here, just bought a set of 17x8.25 and 17x9.75 wheels? Just wondering if I can run the same 4 tires on those? Or what would be the best size for front and rear?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Callous Ninja,

Are you sure about the wheel widths? I have never seen any wheel in those widths. If you are measuring them your numbers are off. They do not meausre the outside to outside to get the width of a wheel. It should be stamped on the back side of the wheel.
    Let me know and I can suggest a tire.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is coupe
    Those are the numbers on the box, xxr 527

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Check the back side of the wheels. It should have them listed.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is coupe
    I don't have them yet waiting in the mail but on the website those are the sizes. I've been looking around what other people are running and I'm thinking about doing 205/40/17 front and 225/40/17 rear. Would that maybe work?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    The 205/40R17 is not a good size for a 3 Series. They are too short and under loaded for the car.

My Cars
    04 M3, 02 E39, 01 46 M3T
    Jim, when are Dunlop Z2's going to be available? Looking for 245x17 for STX E36.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast