Thread: $1000 off on 2003 325xi

My Cars
    BMW & SUBARU

$1000 off on 2003 325xi

I tried to deal on a 2003 325xi tonite...and the salesperson offered me $1000 off...I told her I would take invoice + 3% (about $800 over invoice and $1500-$1700 off MSRP).

She would not bite and told me that if for a 325i, she could probably take off $1500 off the MSRP. With the low-ball trade-in price and their unwillingness to deal, I said no thanks and walked...

Was I being unreasonable? Edmund's TMV for NY shows a discount of roughly $1000 off the MSRP for a 03 325xi

BTW, she mentioned something about there being a strike in German so they incoming cars are a bit slow to arrive...??? what the heck? I did not believe it one bit...
    03 BMW 325xi
    Black/Premium Package/Steptronic/Baby Seat

00 Subaru 2.5RS
    Silver/5spd/Rice

My Cars
    '07 335i Sport Nav Leather Steptronic
    Yes there is a strike in Germany.
    http://www.autointell-news.com/News-...e-25-03-p4.htm

I don't think the price was unreasonable...but I imagine the xi's are more desirable in colder climates, so may carry a premium depending on your local climate conditions. Here in Southern California, you will rarely see an xi, and I imagine dealers are more willing to discount them.

Sam

My Cars
    2003 325xi
    You weren't being unreasonable. You can find one for around that discount, I did in Jersey , and the xi made no difference.

My Cars
    330i perf. package
    I was just shopping of a new car, my dealer gave me the same line about the strike - it's true, of course - but I don't think they are really worried about future inventory right now...I think it creates the aura of scarcity, which works to their advantage, of course...

My Cars
    BMW & SUBARU
    oh...so for once the salesperson was not lying to me

anyhow, I agree with you guys that the strike should not be affecting the price...they can use the excuse of scarcity but I wont bite My mom bought her C320 4matic last year with $1300 off and it just came out at that time...it was one of the first few to be out on the road...

I guess the concensus here (focusing on the east coast) is that I should be able to get $1500 off the MSRP at least for a 325xi...that is about $1000 over the invoice. I wonder which dealer will give me $500 over invoice, then I will sign the paper on the spot
    03 BMW 325xi

00 Subaru 2.5RS
    Silver/5spd/Rice

My Cars
    '04 325 Ci ; '99 T/A M6
    I read somewhere that the '03s have a $3000 dealer hold-back (donno if it is true). In that case the dealer would be making roughly $5000 on your car if you bought it for 1000 off. Greedy Ba$tards. IMHO you should be able to buy left-over '03s for very close to invoice. My quote for an '04 order is +1200 over invoice.
    '99 Red T/A (T-56)
    Suspension(LG): LCAs | Relocation brackets | Adj. PHR | SFCs | Bilsteins | Hypercoils | 275-40-17 |
    Power: SLP Air Lid | LM Catback | FLP LTs | Bauer Ported TB | SLP 85 MM MAF | Z-O6 Clutch Assy | Motive 3.73 10-Bolt

'03 Torch Red Z-06
    -STOCK-

My Cars
    BMW & SUBARU
    The $3000 dealer holdback is only for the coupes and convertible I think because of the face-lift 04 325ci and 325cic. I am sure you can get a coupe/conv. for hundreds UNDER invoice as of now...too bad we need a 4 door and awd

perhaps getting rid of my 2000 Impreza coupe and get a 03 325 coupe

Originally posted by niphilli
    I read somewhere that the '03s have a $3000 dealer hold-back (donno if it is true). In that case the dealer would be making roughly $5000 on your car if you bought it for 1000 off. Greedy Ba$tards. IMHO you should be able to buy left-over '03s for very close to invoice. My quote for an '04 order is +1200 over invoice.
    03 BMW 325xi

00 Subaru 2.5RS
    Silver/5spd/Rice

My Cars
    tank
    since u live in nyc, dealers r a dime a dozen... unfortunately, some salespeople are arrogant baboons... I went to 5+ dealers in the nyc metro... finally bought mines in Jersey....
    Sorry... the server is too busy to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Coupe - RIP
    By the way, the strike ended and production has resumed. Regardless, I wouldn't of let that make any difference. Pay the price you think is fair for the car. There are always other dealers too. You did a good thing by walking.

My Cars
    CR-V
    Can you guys recommend a couple of dealers in the NYC/NJ area? I'm looking for a 330i. What type of deals are out there for 330i?

To tell you the truth, the price with the Premium Pkg is already touching my budget.

How much above invoice or below MSRP should I be paying around this area?

Thanks.
    ...the struggle to financial freedom is unfair, the only ones who disagree are millionaires...
    --Savage Garden

My Cars
    none
    Hey!

I'm new here, so please forgive my jumping in.

For those that have a Costco Warehouse near them, Costco has a car buying program that is able to do some pretty great deals. Visit: http://www.costcoauto.com/index.asp? and check it out.

My wife wanted a Mazda 6s, and through the Costco program we got it for $500 above invoice, which none of the dealers in my area were willing to do (or even get close). I have got pricing on 6 different vehicles, and each time the Costco price has been great.

Costco guarantees two things:

1. The best price on any vehicle.
    2. A totally hassle-free experience at the dealer.

It only takes a few minutes to find a dealer in your area that participates in the program, so give it a try.

Thanks,

-DC