Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: One-touch turn signal modification

My Cars
    1994 840Ci - M60, 6MT
    Bump for comfort blinkers.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one of the Jalt.de modules? The website is offline so I am unable to order.

My Cars
    '92 850i '94 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
    Bump for comfort blinkers.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of one of the Jalt.de modules? The website is offline so I am unable to order.
    Just get a retro fit kit from audi/vw. They are still available. A special relay and a few wires.

My Cars
    1994 840Ci - M60, 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post
    Just get a retro fit kit from audi/vw. They are still available. A special relay and a few wires.
    For any particular car/s? I see that the diagrams on e31wiki show several different variants depending on car.

My Cars
    '92 850i '94 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by tangcla View Post
    For any particular car/s? I see that the diagrams on e31wiki show several different variants depending on car.
    It was made for the golf and early a4. The difference between them are just the cord length and plugs, which you won't be using.

My Cars
    not enough
    ...intreagued....any of you two have done that using the audi/vw kits?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    '92 850i '94 850ci
    I've done it on my older merc and have another kit sitting in a box for my e31. It's just a relay that essentially holds the indicator stalk down and counts 3 flashes.

Pretty simple stuff.

If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll do a write up when I get around to it.

My Cars
    not enough
    I've done it on my older merc and have another kit sitting in a box for my e31. It's just a relay that essentially holds the indicator stalk down and counts 3 flashes.

Pretty simple stuff.

I'll wait for that wondering how it would hook up in the e31. I'm a little confused as I see the vw/audi guys are using the hazard switch for taping into the wires. I don't see how that connects to the signal stalk.

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    M70 6sp. 540iT, 535is
    Is there a P/N for the VW kit? Or Particular model should be asked for at the dealership?

My Cars
    M70 6sp. 540iT, 535is
    Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...668651&alt=web

I think z3 and e31 share same relay... Did anyone tried it!?

radlaw is offline SoCalEights Member BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw528e11 View Post
    I think z3 and e31 share same relay... Did anyone tried it!?
    Which relay does this module replace?

My Cars
    '92 850i '94 850ci
    It doesn't replace any relay, it's an add on. You remove the existing blinker relay and move it to the empty socket on the top left of the eBay picture, the bottom plug in the picture goes where your blinker relay was.

If I didn't want to have a stock look and happy to just clip the relocated relays somewhere this would be the easy solution.

This is the same thing as the audi vw kit. Just comes with the handy relay plug for easy diy install.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    I'll wait for that wondering how it would hook up in the e31. I'm a little confused as I see the vw/audi guys are using the hazard switch for taping into the wires. I don't see how that connects to the signal stalk.
    Yeah my plan is different to the normal install. I plan to make the first detent on the blinker stalk work as the "comfort" mode (3 flashes). Also I want to install the additional relay in an unused relay spot in the relay box.
    Last edited by affa; 12-17-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: stupid smartphone autocorrect

My Cars
    not enough
    It doesn't replace any relay, it's an add on. You remove the existing blinker relay and move it to the empty socket on the top left of the eBay picture, the bottom plug in the picture goes where your blinker relay was.

If I didn't want to have a stock look and happy to just clip the relocated relays somewhere this would be the easy solution.

This is the same thing as the audi vw kit. Just comes with the handy relay plug for easy diy install.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my plan is different to the normal install. I plan to make the first detent on the blinker stalk work as the "comfort" mode (3 flashes). Also I want to install the additional relay in an unused relay spot in the relay box.
    I'll look forward to that write up The relay above is probably an easy quick option...but not sure it is a very appealing permanent option.

My other projects:

radlaw is offline SoCalEights Member BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    1995 BMW 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw528e11 View Post
    Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...668651&alt=web
    Has anyone used this module?

My Cars
    1994 840Ci - M60, 6MT

Pretty simple stuff.

Arthur, will you do this write up soon?

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    i just installed a Kahtec one press lane changer device (like Radlaw has too) and it was super easy.
    you grab the blue wire with stripe on each tail lamp harness connector to connect to the kahtec two blue wires and then run the red wire to left battery + terminal.
    it blinks 6 more times after the one time you pressed it.
    I swear, my cars are like a girlfriend.
    Sometimes its a rough ride, sometimes its smooth motorin'.
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.
    BUT at the end of the day, she loves it when I am inside her.

My Cars
    E36/E46 M3 - E46 323ci
    any updated links?

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    I've got one created a few months ago (from an electronics friend), similar to what Revtor has, I just haven't gotten around to even looking at the thing. I should read how it needs to get installed soon
    Sometimes she doesnt like how i treat her and sometimes i dont like how she behaves.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Last year I pulled my Jalt.de module (bought around the start of this topic) out of the 328i to fit it to the M3 (same stalk electronics as E31).

The old 328i install was the old style way, but without cutting any original wires (this is always a no-go) where I would chase a wire to a connector or junction and pull it there, insert a new wire and then install it. This mimics cutting a wire to install something in between, without actually cutting the wire. That was good back then.

This time I went for the optimal solution: plug and play. What I hadn't realized back then, was that the stalk wiring loom, hold all the necessary wires, including the power and ground wires. It says so right in the ETM, so why I didn't realize this back then, I don't know. So I bought a second hand stalk for the connector and all the correct wire colors and pulled the contra connector from a nother spare wiring loom I had laying around.

Which then results in what you see below. Then it's just a matter of disconnecting the stalk from the car's main loom, insert one end of the solution in the car's side loom, and plug the stalk back into the other side. I didn't wrap the loom because this part of the loom isn't wrapped from factory neither. Wanted to keep that look, even if it's behind paneling. OCD. (this also gave more playing room for find a location for the module).

Last edited by MParallel; 10-17-2022 at 12:50 PM.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    Here's my latest iteration of the OTTS module:

(click for larger)

Same features as before but no more cutting, splicing or soldering of the car's wiring harness: The new module is a drop-in replacement of the E31/E32/E34/E36 flasher relay! The module takes over all features of the original flasher relay (lamp failure detection, trailer detection,...).

In order to build one you have to sacrifice an original flasher relay for the enclosure, connector and relays.

The new OTTS module is already in use in a few vehicles without issues but the PCB needs a redesign. The voltage regulator I used is for automotive applications but I'd like to add some extra input protection. A bigger problem I did not notice during development is that there are two different manufacturers of the BMW flasher relay (Siemens and JWT) and both use a different enclosure, connector and relays. I based my new OTTS module on the Siemens version which means you can't use parts of the JWT version. I've been meaning to spin a second PCB based on the JWT module but due to lack of time the project has been on hold for years...

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    That's just perfect. Just replace the flasher relay.
    So this isn't a finished part we can buy from you?

Does this still feature the dipswitch settings?

IG:

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    I do not intend to sell the module. As usual I publish all information so people can build one for themselves. Note that the new OTTS module uses quite small SMT components so you'll need decent soldering equipment and skills.

There are no DIP switches. There are too many settings and too little space. Besides, after some initial tinkering you'll never change the settings again. So to make changes you must reprogram the microcontroller. There's a programming header on the PCB for in-circuit programming. That way you can program the module while installed in the car for quick feedback.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Too bad. Microscopic soldering is something I stay far away from.

IG:

My Cars
    '91 E31 850i,'05 E53 4.4
    Revtor, as usual, great work!!

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    I do not intend to sell the module. As usual I publish all information so people can build one for themselves...
    I see I forgot to ask the previous time: anywhere the build instructions can me found? Might have someone who has the skills to make one.

IG:

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-speed
    You could always buy one of these:

https://www.scuding.com/Shop/en/ecu-...t-tls-ecu.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast