Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY Coil on plug conversion w/ electrical diagram

My Cars
    95 DASC 318ic
    is the connector the same as the old/other ones?
    and are you sure you spliced the correct wires to each lead of the connector?
    try posting a pic of the connector/wires...it would help us try to give you a hand diagnosing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Txloco View Post
    Can anyone help me.. The connector to my coil was broke so I wasnt getting fire to my plug. So I cut off connector and spliced the wires and pluged them into coil and it worked fine. I order the connector and when i hooked up wires to connector and plug it in to coil i get no power.. I use the mulit meter to test wires there fire, but when i plug it in to coil no fire... I plug coil into another connector and the coil fires just fine. Can anyone please help me....

95 alpine white 318iC - my 1st bimmer!!! now even better w/ dasc, tokico illuminas, h&r sport springs, new wheels, new top & hid...just a few of the sunk costs in this money pit!!!
    88 civic w/ zc swap
    97 lifted tj
    and a few more project cars!!!

My Cars
    1994 316i coupe
    ok :
    the coils are from 328 as below engines seems to be using square coils and lead should be same for all 6cyl engines. what about the plate ? how thick it is ? this is realy good post as some ppl are making big profit making plug n play convertions and this can save big money for MANY !!! could someone email me the wiring diagram/ mim2end(at)yahoo.ie /as cant make anything out from those in post. will be trying to make my own in few weeks time ( e36 M42 ) .
    lets keep our money away from STEALERS !!!

thak you and again brilliant post
    Last edited by mim2end; 06-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.

My Cars
    318 baur 1990, 1990 735i se
    His

Just to drag this back to life...... please can someone send me the images too

jreeves.e30@gmail.com

Tia

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12