Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ABS/ASC Lights On? DIY, sort of.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    I have a 2000 Z3, 2.3 Roadster. ABS/ASC lights came on and indy mechanic wanted to replace ABS module and pump with used parts. Even with used parts the cost was going to be over $1,000. I told mechanic about Module Master's repair service and I sent it out to them for repair. I'm in Canada and it still took less than a week for them to repair it and send it back to me. I was amazed at the speed of their service. The ABS/ASC lights are now out and total repair cost including Module Master's repair, my mechanic's diagnostics and all shipping was less than $ 350. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to these threads!

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    My abs light are also currently on , I will be getting the codes read this weekend but the weird thing is everytime I jack the car off the ground then lower it the fault goes away ......any ideas ?

Pardon my grammar and lack of smileys Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3
    Mine went away after an alignment. It was way bad! FWIW . . .

Why be stock?

www.the-mod-squad.org

My Cars
    99 Z3, 07 Z4 Roadsters
    Great narrative Daven. This describes my problem exactly! I thought perhaps a bad plug connection could produce the same symptoms as a bad circuit board, so I just unplugged and replugged the module, drove my '99 Z3 roadster a few miles. Sure enough, the ABS and ASC lights are no longer illuminated and all is working normally. I realize I may have just disturbed a bad pc board back into working condition, so I will send it in for a rebuild if the problem reoccurs.

My Cars
    99 Z3, 07 Z4 Roadsters

Update

My replug did work for awhile, but gave out and the lights came back on. Removed the module and sent it to Module Master for repair. Turnaround was eight days total. I reinstalled it and took the car for a test drive. All lights went out after about 100 feet down the road and have not been back on since (100 miles or so). Great job Module Master!!

My Cars
    z3 coupe 2.8
    This might help.

bmwfaq.com/f156/reparacion-centralita-abs-asc-645301/

I did it and worked perfect.

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by beacheshome View Post
    I have a 2000 Z3, 2.3 Roadster. ABS/ASC lights came on and indy mechanic wanted to replace ABS module and pump with used parts. Even with used parts the cost was going to be over $1,000. I told mechanic about Module Master's repair service and I sent it out to them for repair. I'm in Canada and it still took less than a week for them to repair it and send it back to me. I was amazed at the speed of their service. The ABS/ASC lights are now out and total repair cost including Module Master's repair, my mechanic's diagnostics and all shipping was less than $ 350. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to these threads!
    2000? you car should have DSC not ASC.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.3 Roady
    I have a 1999 Z3 2.3. Have ASC/ABS lights on solid...sending my module out tonight...will let you know how i make out. Hopefully will have a good result...

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I had asc go intermittant around 80000. Dealer replaced mod under ext warrany and all was ok until 160000.now abs & asc warning light on & codes say pump fail/fault.i cant believe pump has gone bad cause ive never seen that happen on any car driven or owned.thanks very much for the link to M M that may be the solution once again.

My Cars
    2006 530xit / 1995 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by struenz View Post
    I have a 1999 Z3 2.3. Have ASC/ABS lights on solid...sending my module out tonight...will let you know how i make out. Hopefully will have a good result...
    have you checked your speed sensors at all? We have the same car and the acs/abs lights are on. I haven't checked the speed senors yet, but was thinking replacing them would fix the problem... ?
    2006 530xiT [02/15/14]
    1995 M3 Avus [08/15/13]
    2002 525iT[07/19/12]
    2002 530i [05/12/12]
    1999 Z3 [04/23/12]
    1995 M3 Cosmo [10/28/12][sold: 2/xx/14] // 1997 528i [10/26/10][sold:10/13/12] // 2002 325i [sold] // 1990 325i [sold] // 2000 323i [crashed]

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.3 Roady
    no ..I did not...perhaps i should have..I'll let you know what happens when i get the module back..

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    my 99 2.3 has had the lights on for a long time. I like not having the ABS or ASC though so I have just left it. Don't know how I missed this thread but this looks like a promising fix for most.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.3 Roady
    Just got my module back today. It took about 10days in total from the time i shipped it to Module Master and the time I got it back. Had a little trouble getting the electrical connection back together because I forgot you have to slide the plastic "hold down" piece, down while pressing the parts together. The rest went great. Drove the car and the lights went off within 1/4 mile. I am very happy with the fix thanks to this forum. The cost was $166. thanks very much.

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    Could a faulty board result in a pump motor fault ?
    "My man did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or were you pointing your water gun at me with lethal intentions ?"

My Cars
    '00 M Roadster
    Haven't seen that with my roadster, but I had to send the ABS unit from my Suburban to Module Masters. Quick turnaround easy DIY project, and when the module died again a couple of years later, they fixed it under warranty. Been about two years since with no problems.

Easy folks to work with - I often forget their name when referring others, but somehow remember they are in Moscow, ID for the google search...

My Cars
    Horse drawn chariot
    Quote Originally Posted by yash
    Could a faulty board result in a pump motor fault ?
    To answer my own question I just contacted MM and explained my scenario along with fault code (113 pump motor fault), they told me it is a common fault code and usually means the board is at fault and they will gladly repair it for me for 150$ plus shipping and also attach a five year warranty . Now that's what I'm talking about ! This sure beat the used hit or mis unit I was about to get. Thanks for the info guys .
    Last edited by yash; 10-08-2012 at 03:28 PM.

My Cars
    2002 2.5 z3
    We have a 2002 Z3 2.5......The lights have been coming on and off for about a week now. Been reading this thread, so I called MM about rebuilding our module. This one they cant rebuild. Also the module has only one small bolt in the top, non that I can find on the bottom to take it off the hyd unit,. all the pictures I have seen there seems to be 4 small bolts. Can anybody point me in the right direction on getting a module, or this one rebuilt. Thanks, Andy

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    Andy - I had a controller that MM couldn't fix as well. I was a day or two from getting stung by the dealership to the tune of $1200 for the new part, labor, etc. I stumbled upon a company in Tennessee, Automotive Scientific Inc. (www.autoecu.com). They had the capability to fix my controller, however, it was more expensive than MM, but way less than a new one installed by BMW. I have the same 5 year warranty versus the one year warranty from BMW. It was approx. $600, might be worth giving them a call with the part number off your controller case....good luck Tom2000 BMW Z3 Controller (Front).JPG

My Cars
    2002 2.5 z3
    Thanks.I will give them a call.. My controller looks like that one but there are no little bolt holes [4] around mine. Only one in the top. Im confused on this thing. That maybe why Im having such hard time finding what we are looking far. Andy

My Cars
    2002 2.5 z3
    Ordered a used one with 6 months warranty
    Its comes with the Hyd pump also, my question is does the car have to be reprogrammed for the unit I'm putting on?

My Cars
    1999 Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by atgill View Post
    ......my question is does the car have to be reprogrammed for the unit I'm putting on?
    Yes
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    1999 2.8 Z3 Coupe
    Arctic Silver

My Cars
    2002 2.5 z3
    Thanks,Do you know how long it takes to reprogram? No local dealer so it will take a road trip.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 Coupe
    Sorry, no idea. Call and ask, They'll just open the book and quote you the standing rate, which will be in hours. Changing the coding on my ecs took about 1 hour.
    Last edited by daven; 07-15-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    1999 2.8 Z3 Coupe
    Arctic Silver

My Cars
    2002 2.5 z3
    Ok,Just got back from BMW dealer, I bought a used brake module assembly and had them to program to z3. Everything was good coming home for about 20 miles then went around a curve about 70mph and brake light and dsc light comes back on. Im guessing now the yaw sensor under the driver seat. Dealer said no codes for yaw sensor showed up.......... Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks Andy

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.8, 2000 328Ci
    The thread that wouldn't die!

My ASC and ABS lights have been coming on and going off for several years now. I got quoted the outrageous pricing that has been mentioned, and I accepted that I could live with the intermittent behavior. Last year I replaced pads and rotors, and got a set of front and rear wheel speed sensors, and tried them in the various locations, and it would still happen. Finally, last week I stumbled across this thread, and decided to do it.

The most time-consuming part of this was getting the socket. I drove to Ace, Lowes, Pep Boys, and finally Sears before I found the sockets, and I didn't have a 4mm socket that I could find. In terms of the actual removal work, the longest time was spent getting the locking clip for the electrical connection to fully lift. I didn't realize that it had to lift up so far (maybe 3/4 an inch) and I was being cautious.

Just dropped off the unit at the post office, so I hope I'll get a good turnaround on the unit. I'll keep you posted after it's back in my hands and installed.

Thanks for the writeup!
    Last edited by MrAdventure; 07-15-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Come to The Insane House of Wacky People

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and—as it always has—rock crushes scissors.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast