Thread: Just a quick question regarding Engine Check light.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328IS -- As black as it gets...

Just a quick question regarding Engine Check light.

Does the Engine Check Code remain in the memory after battery disconnection.

Basically, the light came on so i disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and has not come back..

Would the code be still in memory even after the light is not longer ON?

My Cars
    1993 318is 2008 535xi
    Disconnecting the battery and connecting back is not going to eliminate the check engine light. It may be gone but it will come back very soon. Is there a reason why it comes on?? You should get the reset/check engine light tool from ebay or something and find out what the problem is.
    Ignoring the check engine light may cause you more money in the future. DO IT!
    WTB: 17" M3 rims with tires

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328IS -- As black as it gets...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybmw1 View Post
    Disconnecting the battery and connecting back is not going to eliminate the check engine light. It may be gone but it will come back very soon. Is there a reason why it comes on?? You should get the reset/check engine light tool from ebay or something and find out what the problem is.
    Ignoring the check engine light may cause you more money in the future. DO IT!

Thanks JOhn.

SO wuld the code be still in memory if i used the tool and because the light is off, the code has also been erased?

Also, i have looked on Ebay for a tool but there are so many of them.

Which one is the best?