Bavarian Soundwerks
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DIY: Build your sub box for $30 in 5 minutes. No woodworking skills necessary.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannino View Post
    I have to commend you BSW guys. You guys have a great business and niche in this industry. You have seemed to lock down the BMW owners and your service and knowledge justifies that.

Every time there is a technical troubleshooting question, you guys have very informative, complete, and thorough answers.

Usually when I browse through the forum for the technical questions and I see one of your techs participate in the thread, i just back out and look for another unanswered questions because you guys have always participated with lots of knowledge to present.

GJ
    We do our best

Thanks for the kind words.

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    So now that everyone has kissed and made-up can we get back down to business?

My Cars
    1995 325iC
    i'm interested, i'll probably get one sometime soon, and that guy from maxx got rolledddd lolol

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by 12v Electronics View Post
    So now that everyone has kissed and made-up can we get back down to business?
    Classic!

haha

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    Hey, this thread made sticky!! Thanks Morgan!!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi870 View Post
    I came in here to offer guidance and my opinion that comes from more than a decade of daily professional experience. I expect a lot of people on here might appreciate my advice and explanations, as much as I would appreciate help when I have engine problems. I don't deal in engine work, I stick to electrical and fabrication, and I have no problem admitting I can't work on my own E30 motor.

But instead of listening to my viewpoint and having a debate, I got some sideways comments about myself, which were totally unneeded. Are any of you going to come to Blvd Customs for a new stereo? Unless you live in St. Pete, FL, probably not. My only gain by helping out with guidance is a more informed public. When someone teaches me something I didn't know, I say thank you, I don't talk shit to them.
    Will be back in April with my E46 M3 with a full custom installation by Tom at 12Volt. I would like to see what you have, and hopefully find a good trusting audio shop close to home. Look forward to stopping bye.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Hey, this thread made sticky!! Thanks Morgan!!
    Excellent!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    EPIC thread...

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    Just an update. Today I put an Image Dynamics IDQ12 in this box and have been testing it in my car. So far I really like it as is- no fill. I will play with it some more and post some results.

P.S. The sub did not blow up the box yet

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech

P.S. The sub did not blow up the box yet
    What until that Violent Bass Air kicks in Tom...

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Tom you get a prize for this long thread!

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    What do I win?

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    You get to keep posting in this thread selling these DIY boxes!

* ding ding ding *

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    What until that Violent Bass Air kicks in Tom...
    I know where that comes from, but I don't know the reason. Is there something I missed? I guess I will have to do a search

Not sure I like the direction it is going ....

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    WOW! Unbelievable.

Thanks for the link.

My Cars
    e39 540i/6, e36 318i
    I don't consider this bad press. Just alot of people complaining about things that don't apply here.
    I just read through most of the thread and though the debate seems over, I thought I'd throw my comments in real quick. Providing the enclosure is screwed together, I think it makes a fine budget enclosure. People need to make sure the sub they buy matches well, but other than that, I don't see the other arguments being valid here. For a couple of bucks, you can easily add some fill to the low end of the system; obviously the market here isn't for hard hitting subs that you can hear a block away. I've designed and built a few enclosures myself, all from 3/4" MDF. The most power I've pushed so far is 500 watts RMS into two 10" subs which a proper 3/4" box can handle. I'd recommend throwing some poly fill in the box, but other than that I think it's a fine product.
    1985 325 - 5 speed - LSD - M50NV - MS2/extra - AEM UEGO - TiAL MV-R - 750cc injectors - HX35 - Blunttech Manifold - 3" exhaust
    1991 318i - 5 speed - M50NV - e36 rack - Smileys

My Cars
    1973, bmw, 1968 bmw, 1997 f150

Wow first time on this side , read the whole

crazy thread. Is almost as crazy and an as long as the ones I seen at the bike forum.. about italian bikes vs japanese bikes, carbon vs aluminum, and a few crazy subjects.

I was jusy looking for some stuff for my touring because the rattle in the back and the lack of bass is hopeless.

I can't use the 30.00 box because I need the space for bicycle supply transport.

Keep up the good work, some of you need to polish up your debating skills

My Cars
    '05 325xi & '07 x3 3.0si
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    EPIC thread...
    yes, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Halston Pitman View Post
    Excellent!
    epic sarcasm.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    This is quite the thread!

Keeps on going and going!

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    We need to hear back from some of the buyers. Please post your results!

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by Halston Pitman View Post
    You get to keep posting in this thread selling these DIY boxes!

* ding ding ding *
    "ouuuuh!! ice cream man, ice cream man!"

yeah real late to the thread.

On topic of "Dropping mad bills on an expensive bimmer" With a quick skim, nobody with an e92 was considering the mod. Most of those complaining about a low cost mod, werent really in the positions to do so.
    Dudes talking about putting 1200.00 dollar sub systems in a car, trying to gain fanboys with bmw love. I'll hold onto that 1200.00 for when my clutch and radiator goes.

If you're not looking to spend stupid amounts of money, when your car is at risk of getting robbed anyway, this is fine. This being targeted at people going for lower end spending, (200.00 worth in the trunk) is right where it should be. Nothing wrong at all, and as long as the box doesnt implode from 4000 watts of hard hitting hammering bass, its all good.

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMNGAI View Post
    "ouuuuh!! ice cream man, ice cream man!"

yeah real late to the thread.

On topic of "Dropping mad bills on an expensive bimmer" With a quick skim, nobody with an e92 was considering the mod. Most of those complaining about a low cost mod, werent really in the positions to do so.
    Dudes talking about putting 1200.00 dollar sub systems in a car, trying to gain fanboys with bmw love. I'll hold onto that 1200.00 for when my clutch and radiator goes.

If you're not looking to spend stupid amounts of money, when your car is at risk of getting robbed anyway, this is fine. This being targeted at people going for lower end spending, (200.00 worth in the trunk) is right where it should be. Nothing wrong at all, and as long as the box doesnt implode from 4000 watts of hard hitting hammering bass, its all good.
    ?? It is a $30 enclosure and I do use it my E92.

Fits perfect BTW.

My Cars
    95 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet
    nice guide

My Cars
    Too much crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Maxxsonics View Post
    Ok, this is not meant to be a lecture but as car audio manufacturer, I have seen many, many boxes like this create real problems for the subwoofer and the over-all sound quality.

Keep in mind, double stick tape and a couple screws is not an optimum way of securing a subwoofer enclosure.
    It may seal for now (it's new) but it's very likely to leak before too long.
    Expansion and contraction of hot and cold temperatures coupled with internal pressure built up by the subwoofer will eventually cause failure.
    It's $30.00 for a reason.

Every subwoofer has it's own box air space and tuning requirements.
    Simply putting a subwoofer in a generic box outside of the manufacturers subwoofer specifications can cause damage to your subwoofer.

Quality boxes are designed based on the subwoofer manufacturers specifications and are generally miter cut, glued and screwed (many screws) to ensure a tight fit.

If you have your own subwoofer, I would recommend going to a qualified local car audio retailer to have a box built to fit your subwoofer.
    You may be surprised how inexpensive a basic sealed enclosure can be.
    Porting is also best left to the pros
    Look children, a douche bag.
    WOOOOOW

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast