Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dove Magic Mender Experience

My Cars
    BMWs

My Dove Magic Mender Experience

The pictures really speak for themselves.

Before

After

I would also like to point out, that some people think this is a dye. It is not, it is a latex like paint. It, however, looks perfect and is stretchable thus it works great.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Where did you get it?

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum55 View Post
    Where did you get it?
    http://www.magicmender.com/

My Cars
    4 m52s,m50,m20,s52
    wow, your interior looked like shit.

(no offense )

Cheif Senior Hitman Engineer 1st Class

BfcOT Mafia

My Cars
    SGM e90 335i Sedan
    Don't you think the leather doesn't feel right after using it? I tried a little on the driver side bolster and it doesn't feel smooth anymore, like the original leather. I was hoping for a soft, cold, silky like texture to it, but rather it feels like, as you said, a latex glove.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Mine felt weird for a few days. Two applications of Lexol along with a few days of use and they feel great.
    Wow:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=971063

Just say no to cheap reps. Go real or go home.

OZ bolt tools for $41 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZ-FUTURAS-S...item51a0a55203

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M///BMW View Post
    wow, your interior looked like shit.

(no offense )
    lol mines pretty bad too.. the side bolster is ripping apart

My Cars
    1997 BMW ///M3
    That's one helluva turn-around. Good work man & thanks for sharing the info.
    E36/E46 RTAB Tool For Rent - PM for details!

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by the Locust View Post
    Don't you think the leather doesn't feel right after using it? I tried a little on the driver side bolster and it doesn't feel smooth anymore, like the original leather. I was hoping for a soft, cold, silky like texture to it, but rather it feels like, as you said, a latex glove.
    It did for a little, however, with some wear and various cleaners and what not, it feels pretty nice now.

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    nice work man
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    '97 Hellrot E36 M3 coupe

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
    A) He's the one who informed us this was not a dye and based on a latex PAINT on finish.
    B) Since it's a paint on finish it looks terrible. Better than worn out leather maybe, but not great.

If you can't handle posting, or reading comments, negative or bad, get off the internet.

EDIT: If latex is used in the paint, you can pretty much bet, a dead skin conditioner isn't going to work.
    You're saying here that you have no knowledge of the product at all. You're just repeating what the OP stated. The OP isn't 100% correct. It's not a latex paint.

This is from the Magic Mender website:

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMender.com
    What is Color-Flex? Color-Flex is water based specialty finish that dries quickly and feels like the original surface. Very similar to the new finish coatings that furniture, clothing and automotive manufacturers are now using on their leather. When applied properly, Color-Flex dries into a flexible satin finish in about 15 minutes. Color-Flex can be applied with a foam brush, a sprayer, or it can wiped on. It is extremely durable and remains soft and flexible. Color-Flex is applied as the color finish top coat over your repair. Cleans up with water.

Again, it's NOT a latex based paint product. Let me repeat that. There is NO latex in it. It is WATER BASED.

I have personal experience with it and have seen the finished product in person. It is a very cheap and easy way to rejuvenate tired and worn interiors. It's certainly not as good as it came from the factory but for the cost is a very VERY good product.

As far as your last comment goes, anyone posting on a forum has to have a thick skin. You don't see me complaining about other trolls on here. You just seem to have a need to be a complete ass about once a week. I don't know if it helps bolster low esteem or just helps you vent emo feelings about the world in general, but please stop inflicting your BS on the forum.

Wow:http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=971063

Just say no to cheap reps. Go real or go home.

OZ bolt tools for $41 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZ-FUTURAS-S...item51a0a55203

My Cars
    1998 M3

My Cars
    BMWs
    I, for one, Would just like to point out that I do like the finished product. It does not feel cheap, nor look cheap. The finish looks very, very similar to the stock leather, and feels soft. Once again, this does cover, and not dye.

I would recommend it to anyone who does not want to spend way too much money on getting their seats repaired. It is a nice, inexpensive solution to a rather pricy problem.
    Last edited by Dricebrug; 10-04-2008 at 05:55 PM.

My Cars
    2008 135i, 79 320/6 Euro
    Maybe if we all just ignore Braymond he will just go away.
    Anyway, i had similar results with Magic mender on my E30. Like the OP said great way to refresh the interior, especially if it hasn't gone too far.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

My Cars
    BMWs
    ^^ Looks good man!

My Cars
    '67 HD Electra Glide
    We need the 6-month and 12-month update. Are you willing to let us know the durability?
    1998 E36 M3/4/5 - 1993 Spec E36 325is
    Crew - #52 - SCCA World Challenge TC

MoTeC Man

My Cars
    95 M3
    What exactly did you order and how much of it was used after you did your driver's seat and door panel?

Thanks.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/A
    You my friend should get a Pulitzer for this!!! I have slight wear on my drivers seat, steering wheel and shift knob. I went to the company website and saw some pics of people's cars where they touched up there seats and sterring wheels. it is hard to believe how this stuff comes out. I'm a believer, HalleluJah, and will be ordering this stuff soon!

Thanks Dricebrug, this is the kind of stuff that makes this website so invaluable!

peace,
    WyldBill

My Cars
    2016 340i
    Essentially all leather finish is on the surface, and is a "Paint" of sorts. No one "Vat Dyes" leather any longer. Most of the surface finishes used are water based, as opposed to solvent based. Different types of pigments are used, and different companies have their own proprietary formulas. But, they all have their similarities.
    All of the brands mentioned will work well. If you have a failure, it is often due to poor surface preparation, incorrect application, or contamination.
    If you want a good bond, treat the leather in advance to get it in good condition,get a clean surface, apply even light coats, let things dry in between, and be patient.
    Last edited by uncle; 10-09-2008 at 12:04 PM.

My Cars
    01 740i, 96 M3, Explorer
    so for black vader i would use jet black 0523? oh yea, good f'ing job! my seats are fin jsut my bolster drivers bolster is kinda showing wear.... sigh... hell for $50 ill try it!
    Last edited by 96bmwcosmosm3; 10-09-2008 at 10:45 AM.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by rossiski View Post
    We need the 6-month and 12-month update. Are you willing to let us know the durability?
    Let me know when 6 and 12 months are up, and I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by asdfbunk View Post
    What exactly did you order and how much of it was used after you did your driver's seat and door panel?

Thanks.
    I ordered the complete "Magic Mender" kit, for $50, And I was able do both front seats and the door panels

My Cars
    95 M3
    Thanks for the reply.

Just placed an order in. Can't wait for it to get here.

Did you use the brush over the whole seat, or only the parts that needed to be filled?

My Cars
    E36 M3, E30 325es, 330ci
    Quote Originally Posted by fast1eddy View Post
    Maybe if we all just ignore one of the most knowledgeable, informative, and DIY-conscious members of the BMW community he will just go away.
    Fixed
    -Nick

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfbunk View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Just placed an order in. Can't wait for it to get here.

Did you use the brush over the whole seat, or only the parts that needed to be filled?
    Its up to you, you can brush the parts that are messed up, or the whole seat. In my case, my seats were discolored, so I had to do the whole thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast