Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: '08 535xi - iPod Issue Help

My Cars
    535xi

'08 535xi - iPod Issue Help

Hello, all --

I'm new to this forum, so I'm hoping that I'm posting this in the right place - issue relates to stock audio system, not aftermarket, so let me know if I need to repost this in model-specific forum.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having with the factory iPod adapter. When I purchased my car last fall, I also purchased a new iPod - I THINK it's the 6th generation iPod, whatever generation was newly released in the fall of '07, specifically for the car. For the most part, it worked fine, with the exception that occasionally, when I went to start the car, the audio system would play the radio, and not the iPod which is what I was listening to last. When I would hit the preset button for the iPod, I'd get an error message that said "Programmable key not available at this time". I would then have to unplug the iPod from the adapter, re-plug it in, press the preset and the iPod would come back. Since this only happened occasionally, it was mildly annoying, but not the end of the world.

A couple of weeks ago, my iPod was stolen, so I had to go buy a new one. However, the new iPods had just been released (7th generation?), so 6th gen were no longer available, so I got a newly released one from the Apple store. Now, with the new iPod, the "Programmable key not available" error pops up EVERY time I start the car, which means I have to unplug and replug it every time. It's no longer mildly annoying.

Any ideas, clues, suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by spacexi; 10-01-2008 at 07:09 PM.

My Cars
    2001 330xi, E92
    You will probably get better answers in the car's forum, or you could contact you dealer. There may be a software update availble.