Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V12 intake on m20?

My Cars
    325ix, 325ix, 540i
    It allegedly runs, but it the guy "ran out of time" and has had it for sale for over a year with "only the coolant system needs to be hooked up."

So, if it does in fact run, which is doubtful, it's probably not very well.
    If your e30 runs bad, switch to Megasquirt first. Then try new spark plugs, cap and rotor, wires, oxygen sensor, crank shaft position sensor, coolant temp sensor, air flow meter, idle control valve, throttle position sensor, digital motor electronics unit, harmonic balancer, fuel injectors, engine harness...

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325ix

What electronics did you use

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Wilson View Post
    For all you nay sayers. Runners are the same width as the b25 manifold it has been measured and measured again. Id is the exact same. Also i havent measured the volume yet but the length i cut the runners at should male it comprable to the stock manifold. The airflow patter will beuch cleaner and now all cyl. Are equal length. Also i did it because i could. Ig ypu dont like it because ypur a sheep with no fabricating skills then sucks to be you. Yes this is also going to be a show piece because it is being dropped into a bay that has 100+ hrs of shave work. I will be posting plenty of results. The engine is a eta block i head stock evrrything. This is just a jumping off point to get a baseline. Dont run your mouth if you dont know what your talking about. One more thing. Not running a booster im running wilwood mc thats it

Love your post. Totally agree.
    A customer of mine brought me a similar setup but it wouldn't run.
    Got it running but I'm curious as to what ECU, TPS, AFM to use to make it run good. I was thinking stock 325e.
    Idles ok Very jerky coming off idle. Needs to be floored then let off to drive.
    Engine is a 2.7 block, 2.5 head, intake from left side of a V12, Headers with one O2 sensor
    Has a 635 AFM, V-12 TPS, 535 ECU
    I know this thread is old but just saw it and thought I'de ask.
    Dan Buckley
    Sports Car Solutions

My Cars
    325is, 96 M3 Euro
    get a b25 harness and pnp MS, forget about screweing around with the garbage stock ecus and crappy AFM, thottle switch etc
    BMW E30 325is M20B33 in the making....... ITB's, roller rockers and stroked to the hilt

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325ix
    Thanks.
    Have you done this build?
    Any idea were i could get the harness etc.?

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    you are going to have to hit junkyards or ebay for the harness. and they are hard to find since all the engine swap guys were cutting the ends off to put e36 motors in the cars. they are normally missing the main plug to the c101 connector or are over 200 bucks on ebay, if they are there
    No e30s again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12