Thread: Question about grabbing driving logs from ECU

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster

Question about grabbing driving logs from ECU

Hey, I remember seeing somewhere that the car's computer stores information about how the car has been driven (like stalls, missed shifts, etc). I was wondering how accurate that was and how I could grab that info.

My car was in the body shop and they put around 20 miles on her. On picking her up (this was about their 4th try to get it right) I noticed some new noises which I assume are just due to not having been driven for about a month. Anyway, I'd just like to know if they abused my clutch/tranny so if something goes awry I can point to them.

As an aside, Associated Collision in San Antonio is a horrible shop and I'll likely have a clean rear roadstar up for sale soon just with a shoddy paint job. So if anyone is refinishing a set I'll let it go for $200 plus shipping.

kirbykirbykirby is offline Hay, Text Below is wrong. 2008 Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    93' 325i (RIP)
    What color Roadster? I "may" be interested.

As for the logs, I'm not sure you can without autoenguinity..or a INPA/Gt1 setup..in fact I've never herd you could before..

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    The roadstar is their attempt to color match the chrome shadow. It's not noticeably off unless you're as anal as I am.