Thread: Cat and mouse on 270/495?

My Cars
    '97 Estoril M3 Coupe

Cat and mouse on 270/495?

OK so I'm leaving the starbucks fast and furious type meet thing, I get on 270 and about 4 minutes later an estoril M3 flies by me.. I go into 4th, change lanes.. next thing I know we are going 95+ (not in and out of traffic.. it was late so...) we pass a red 330CCi that followed up behind me.. and eventually a white 328 ci.

I made it from Rockville, Md to Tysons, Va in 16 minutes!!!!

Anyways.. on rt. 7 this white thing merges next to me.. I slow down to see what it is.. big scoop on the hood.. 4 doors.. odd spoiler.. STI! More cat and mouse but I was in the wrong fucking gear at the wrong fucking time like 5 times in a row.. I bet he thinks M3s are slow as hell now. Oh well.

Fun night.
    |'97 M3 Coupe | Estoril Blue | http://www.************.com Phelps Sports | PMG Pictures
    [img]http://www.************.com/M301.jpg[/img]

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    16 minutes?!?!?! DAMN

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    '14 M6GC
    Keep an eye out..I heard the state troopers are busting people left and right for "aggressive" driving over the next few days/weeks. Someone needs to develop a real (legal) laser counter-weapon..this whole concept of cops having the advantage is bullshit!
    '14 M6 Gran Coupe - San Marino/Silverstone, Exec, Comp.
    '04 360 Modena - Grigio Titanio/Grigio Scuro

My Cars
    '14 M6GC
    Hey BmerPwr, how do you like your Goodyear tires? I put the same set on a few months ago. With all the rain, I can attest to their stability in deep water..but I've noticed a strong tendency for the car to understeer since I put them on. I had S0-3s before and Pilot Sports as the OEMs. What are you opinions?
    '14 M6 Gran Coupe - San Marino/Silverstone, Exec, Comp.
    '04 360 Modena - Grigio Titanio/Grigio Scuro

My Cars
    Silver, Yellow, Red/Pink
    hey BmerPrw, you have to watch out for those STis... they are a good deal quicker than a E36 M3 and essentially a match for the E46 M3, at least until roughly 100 MPH. They have 300HP and 300 lb-ft at 3260lb. Plus, for $1k they can add at least 50 HP. The mod potential is insane. I don't mess around on the street, and the new STi is just another reason not to.

Cheers,
    Ken
    Ken K.

My Cars
    DSP E46 330Ci
    Yeah... seriously. Take this crap to the track. I was already doing ~80 down the beltway (495) this weekend on the bike and nearly got sideswiped by a couple kids racing through traffic.

I'm not saying this is what you were doing - and we're all probably guilty of the occasional illegal burst of acceleration - but be careful out there.

John V