Thread: I think i found an abandon e36 what should I do?

My Cars
    '97 M3/4/5

I think i found an abandon e36 what should I do?

so i have seen this 4 door e36 sitting at a walmart for a long time like for months but i just thought that it was someones that worked there.......

it is parked at the very end of the parking lot near a lamp and tree and its backed in with the front to windows down..........I looked at it and the interior looks like it had the windows down for long time......it also has a gas can in the back seat with a bunch of clothes in trash bags...and I 40oz beer bottle in the drivers seat....

My first thought it was stolen and just parked.......but maybe it's just an abandon car.....it does happen....it has Missouri plates and it is out of date since March 08.........

I have the vin and tag number....if anyone can run it for me to check to make sure its not stolen.......i want to just tow it home........but want to try to do it the legit way......
    Last edited by tokbandit; 09-13-2008 at 10:25 PM.

My Cars
    '96 318ti, '15 Focus ST
    no dead bodies in the trunk?
    BMWMOFO C6MPACT

My Cars
    '97 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by JedzE36/5 View Post
    no dead bodies in the trunk?
    I didnt want to really touch the car.......just in case CSI comes looking.....lol...if there are dead bodies in the trunk...they are probably just hookers........lol

My Cars
    '91 325ic
    Lose the VINs, gut, and turn into a track rat.

My Cars
    '08 335I
    I would think you could get ahold of the police and the walmart manager and be able to take the car. Not really sure on the legal part of it. I think even if it was stolen, and wrote off, then its free game? I wonder if it runs....

2008 BMW 335I | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | Logic7 | Black/Black

My Cars
    bmw
    if I were u, I would wear some gloves and try and start the car. If it runs, drive it home and turn it into a beater/track car. If you report it to Walmart, there is some sort of thing that says that if a car is left for a certain amount of time on someone else's property, the car is theirs. So if u tell Walmart they will just have the car towed to the junker or something. I dunno for sure, I'm just guessing.

I think there is a website to check for stolen cars? I'm pretty sure.

My Cars
    996, 914, X5
    uh, I don't think i would just drive it off. SOMEONE left it there. contact the police and do it the right way.

My Cars
    14 328d, 66 Impala SS
    google the vin...

^Not any more, but I miss it^

My Cars
    '12 750i
    Make sure it's not stolen, then contact the police and ask if it would be legal to take the car yourself. Contact Wally mart last because they will probably just have it scrapped like OP said. See if you can do it without them knowing. If you intend to track the car then hell just steal the damn thing yourself once you know it's not stolen and check for dead bodies and what not.

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP, Model S P90D
    no pics of said car yet?