Thread: High mileage 850i - bad idea?

My Cars
    540i/6

High mileage 850i - bad idea?

I'm looking at a somewhat high mileage 92 850i, 141,000 to be exact. It looks in great condition and seems to have been well taken care of but I'm wondering if it's nearing the end of its life at this mileage? How long do these cars last?

It's a 92 850i, Auto. The seller is asking $10,500 which in my opinion is too much but seems flexible on the price. How much do you think this car is worth?

My Cars
    850 6 speed sold
    I bought a high mileage 850 with 125,000 miles, it had a complete paper trail, all service records and runs like a champ.

I wouldn't worry about mileage, just condition and paper trail.
    Best Regards

Bobby B

My Cars
    420G SPEED 6

My Cars
    '91 e31
    seems to have been well taken care
    and 141,000 miles don't equal 10.5k in my book.
    Now, if it has been well taken care of, perhaps a recent major service or something it could be worth it. Heck, we've all seen 6-speeds trade hands for that price lately...
    Now, if it were a rare color, or something special perhaps-but it's your coin in the end.

My Cars
    91-BMW-850i / 97-BMW
    Jave if you want a GOOD high milleage 850 talk to SCC and he will hook you up. The guy is a bit of car NUT and he got just the high milleage 850 for you... I hope he still have it for sale...The car went through major work and probably runs better than newer ones... Ask anyone here as a matter of fact...
    SCC and TXgrWhite just went through the full restoration of another 850 that was in a fire so imagine the level of skills they have :-) They're kind of sick too if you ask me :-) Just an idea to get somehing from a board member with a lot of reputation and skills....

Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    I'm looking at a somewhat high mileage 92 850i, 141,000 to be exact. It looks in great condition and seems to have been well taken care of but I'm wondering if it's nearing the end of its life at this mileage? How long do these cars last?

It's a 92 850i, Auto. The seller is asking $10,500 which in my opinion is too much but seems flexible on the price. How much do you think this car is worth?

My Cars
    850 6 speed sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post

Try this link:
    http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/bmw...8200647&page=1
    Best Regards

Bobby B

My Cars
    840Ci|725tds|Alpina B7
    They will last as long as you keep repairing/maintaining them.

My Cars
    91-Dinan 850TT
    Thanks for the compliments Ethan. I guess mine is still for sale. Price is much lower than link shows. I've been driving it and I think it's got apx 184k now. Running like a champ. Lots of goodies on this one as opposed to the 141k car,that one is going to need most if not all of the suspension done, plus some. Maintenaince records are the key. If the car has no history, it's a gamble. Contact me off the email link on the page if interested-
    http://www.satservice.com/850_92/
    Last edited by TTTXGreg; 09-10-2008 at 12:46 PM.

My Cars
    e31, e30, e24
    Mine has 185000 and I replaced water pump $400 I did labor and about to change voltage regulator $40 I do labor...

...there are sooo many upgrades to do I really dont mind because leaving the car stock only if I drive it on sundays but I cant wait for sunday so I drive it everyday!!!

...I love it!!!