Thread: Is there a permanent fix for stuck / jammed CD changer?

My Cars
    E36, E46, E90, E92

Is there a permanent fix for stuck / jammed CD changer?

My CD changer gets stuck while changing CDs quite often. Is there anything I could file/break off or maybe add to the changer to make it work more reliably?

My Cars
    99 bmw323conv
    here is what I did....make sure you have your password code for the radio/unit....disconnect battery for a minute....connect it and then when radio asks for password, insert it...mine has worked fine since I did this.
    stashed in garage: 70TorinoGT/CJ 300hp conv
    68 Olds 442 conv 455ci.385hp
    68 GTO conv 400RA 1 366hp
    68 Coronet RT 440sixpack 430hp
    DD 01 Sierra step side 270hp Vortec

My Cars
    '99 323is, '95 300zxtt
    A permanent fix? Throw it in the garbage. Buy an ipod, and a new head unit that has an ipod interface. Sell your old head unit, they still go for quite a bit.

The CD changers are junk. Mine pissed me off one too many times, and had an unfortunate encounter with a really big hammer. I haven't regretted it once... the ipod setup is really 100x better.

My Cars
    E36, E46, E90, E92
    Quote Originally Posted by just4kinks View Post
    A permanent fix? Throw it in the garbage. Buy an ipod, and a new head unit that has an ipod interface. Sell your old head unit, they still go for quite a bit.
    no-no, I want a fix so that I can sell it. If cash was not an issue I would of course follow ur advice..

My Cars
    '02 330i, '07 SV650N
    Quote Originally Posted by just4kinks View Post

The CD changers are junk. Mine pissed me off one too many times, and had an unfortunate encounter with a really big hammer. I haven't regretted it once... the ipod setup is really 100x better.
    Seconded. Mine would jam often enough that I left the front cover off so I could clear the jam without removing the entire unit. Since then, I have removed it permanently and installed an aftermarket headunit. Haven't had problems since.