Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New gauge pod thread

My Cars
    1984 BMW 318i, 88 vr6 coupe, 2004 4runner
    I cannot find a dash is the problem. Find one for me guys, and ill probably get it!

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    There are some online salvage websites that can help you get what you need.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Design it without a need to cut into the dash, I'm sure alot more people will be willing to get them then

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    inorder for the gauges to seem sunken into the dash, like desired, a cut is neccesary. Furthermore i cannot design anything without the shape of what im working with. Can anyone trace/make a cardboard template for me?

My Cars
    Yea, if somebody was willing to cut out a very exact paper template of the area inbetween the odometer hood and airbag cover i should be able to do this. This should only take an hour or so of ones time and it would help a ton! Please let me know if anybody could do this.
    Thanks,
    Ron T.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8

My Cars
    it is not hard to do this, at all. could someone please do this for the forum/me?

My Cars
    If no one helps me help you guys i will drop this Zoran gauge pod idea and you will not have access to one. Not trying to threaten but when the need for a product comes and i can do it but noone helps me do this, ill just stop.

My Cars
    01 LSB 367M

2001 S54 LSB/NAPA. 1 of 7.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    no
    NO!

My Cars
    so should i drop this or pursue it guys?

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    Quote Originally Posted by RTCustomz View Post
    so should i drop this or pursue it guys?
    dude, stop asking questions. Get your own dash, do your thing, and if it's good, people will buy it. If it's like what you produced to date, keep it to yourself and save face.

My Cars
    i cant find a dash, so i guess this project will be dropped. thanks for your help forum!

Can someone please take a birds eye veiw shot of the dashboard where the gauge pod would fit and provide some measurements. I may be able to work from that..
    Last edited by RTCustomz; 11-06-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    ...this project will be dropped.
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    99 MC, 86 951, 91 Toy PU
    I don't believe in giving up so I'm gonna offer you a piece of advice and tell you that if you really believe in delivering a final product, then I suggest you figure out how to get a dash and deliver a finished product that looks exactly like Zoran's and looks like a factory piece. This is important and I cannot emphasize that enough. You know exactly how it should look because there are plenty of pics of Zoran's pod to work with, so do what you have to do to make it look like it.

Ask around, go on different forums and find out what you have to do to make it look like Zoran's http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...3&postcount=74 then come back only when you have a QUALITY FINISHED PRODUCT that you are proud to offer. And I mean proud as in you standing behind your product 100% and not having to ask what we think of it cuz you know NOTHING ELSE WILL COME CLOSE.

I wish you best of luck.
    Last edited by LONEMAN; 11-06-2008 at 10:37 PM.

My Cars
    thanks loneman, i do not beleive in giving up either. can one of you please post the link with all of Zorans gauge pod photos and another one help me search for a z3 dashboard. For i do not know or belong to any besides this one.
    Thanks,
    RTC

My Cars
    '08 E90 M3
    yeah and maybe someone can go ahead and finish a guage pod for you too.

Go to a used car lot with a Z3 and trace the dash. There are a ton for sale these days. Check your old thread for pictures.

Seriously...I think you need to go dark until you have a gauge pod ready to ship. Does that make sense? Go off and work...then come back when you're ready to ship. Be away from the computer and mold some gauge pods, then come back when they're ready to be sold and a final product. Just try to work alone and produce a product that is ready to be sold and come back when you're ready to ship it. Maybe now you can take some time to create a gauge pod on your own and come back to the community when you have a final product that you're ready to ship.

Can you follow that?
    Craig Brickner
    Click to Join: BMWCCA # 366493
    BMW CCA/PBOC/Chin Motorsports DE Instructor

2008 M3 Sedan Jerez/Black

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Have you tried making it out of abs plastic? I'm experimenting with it right now for my own little project but seems very easy to work with and is cheap. Just need abs plastic and acetone, give it a few days to melt down, get a foam or wood or whatever mold of the hood and lay the 'paste' onto it, let it dry in a few hours. Then you can make the face plate seperately, and later 'glue' it together (the acetone will remelt the abs and bond everything together). Then just make the floor, smooth everything out and you should be set.

3.73 | TCK S/A w/ H&R Sport | M50 manifold | IE Subframe Bushings, RSM, & SS brake lines | Shark Injector | UUC Evo3 SSK & DSSR | Cosmos Strut Brace | ASC, Resonator, CDV Delete

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    Quote Originally Posted by IRPancake View Post
    Have you tried making it out of abs plastic? I'm experimenting with it right now for my own little project but seems very easy to work with and is cheap. Just need abs plastic and acetone, give it a few days to melt down, get a foam or wood or whatever mold of the hood and lay the 'paste' onto it, let it dry in a few hours. Then you can make the face plate seperately, and later 'glue' it together (the acetone will remelt the abs and bond everything together). Then just make the floor, smooth everything out and you should be set.
    common styrofoam and a certain ratio of superglue/acetone/water mixture makes liquid polystyrene in seconds which is basically liquid plastic. Just get the ratios right, otherwise you start a fire.

My Cars
    '11 Fiesta, '90 Bronco
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroad View Post
    common styrofoam and a certain ratio of superglue/acetone/water mixture makes liquid polystyrene in seconds which is basically liquid plastic. Just get the ratios right, otherwise you start a fire.
    neat, I just ran into the abs/acetone mix and decided to give it a try. May have to experiment with that sometime, if I can find the right ratios

My Cars
    can someone help me track down a cheap dashboard? I do not know or belong to all of the Z3 forums..

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 08 335xi

My Cars
    S54 e36/8
    can someone help me track down a cheap dashboard? I do not know or belong to all of the Z3 forums..
    For real dude, there are three forums and you don't have to be a member to 'read' them.

bimmerforums (here)
    bimmerfest
    roadfly

Stop asking for people's help and be self sufficient. Like Craig said, there are infinite ways for you to get dimensions for the z3 dash. The used car lot is a great idea.

Buy your own dash on ebay when one comes up for sale. But fuck, look for yourself. We aren't going to alert you when one comes up for sale.

I also find it unbelievable that you want us to post pics of zoran's pod.
    1. for Christ sakes search, it's been posted a thousand times
    2. you have a (34909308298340942309)e^(30903) page thread where the pics were posted several times. Go back and look at it.

I completely agree with everyone so far. Go away for a while, stop making helpless pathetic threads asking for assistance, be a self sufficient adult/businessman, and come back with something that doesn't suck. Until then, have fun brotha.

My Cars
    thanks for those forums, that i didnt know of. I think i may have found what we all were looking for!

I have found a M roadster dashboard. Would this work or just a z3 dash? I am awaiting reply on the z3 dash i inquired about.
    Last edited by RTCustomz; 11-07-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    Quote Originally Posted by IRPancake View Post
    neat, I just ran into the abs/acetone mix and decided to give it a try. May have to experiment with that sometime, if I can find the right ratios
    Yeah you have to experiment, there is no prefect ratio unless you can measure each item in grams and hunt down a recipe - which I couldn't so I moved on to other things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast