Thread: I want to do a 91 525 5 speed conversion

My Cars
    91 and 92 525s

I want to do a 91 525 5 speed conversion

I think the best way for me to go about it is to find a wrecked doner car, so I get all the parts. Whats a fair price to pay for a doner? It will make the difference between parting it out and scrapping it or putting it back on the road. I had no takers for mine at $1200, and its a nice clean car with 115000 miles on it and was garaged for most of its life. I wouldn't sell it for less so now I have to do something with it.

My Cars
    E34 M5
    Does your car have a bad transmission?

If so, I'd save your car and wait for a nice 5-Speed swap to pop up.

My Cars
    e34 528iT/5 obdI parting
    there was a guy down in Wayne, NJ (don't know where that is in relation to you) that was selling almost everything needed for a 5spd swap for ~450.... check the NJ and Philly craigslists.

PARTING MY TOURING-
    M52/ZF trans/3.23LSD/MtechII/RD suspension/ACS wheels/'95 door panels/smileys/HID's/etc.

current- possible m sport

past-
    '92 525iT- motor/trans swappage/rust/big wheels
    '95 540i/6- rust.
    '95 525iT- Mike Wang
    '89 535i- gone but not forgotten
    '92 525i- auto suck tragic
    '93 525i/5- k.i.a.

My Cars
    91 and 92 525s
    I have trans code issues. The trans was shifting sluggish, now has limp mode after warming up. I really never checked that much into it. I cleaned the shifter shifter switch. The oil is good, not burned and not overdue. I know they fail often so why not do the right thing for it and convert it. It really is a car worth it. I would even consider buying a decent wreck and if it was better, use my parts on it. Thanks for the Craigslist lead, I'll look.