Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: s14 in a 2002?? whats better?

My Cars
    76 Turbo 2002, 99 R1100S, 02 325it
    Quote Originally Posted by weedawg View Post
    Yo, I am in FL!!! Ready to hook up either end of the year or start of next year??How has your progress been? let's get these cars together...There is another one here in FL in M20's gararge, Green one...Where is everyone and where and when to hook up??

YAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Been traveling like a dog for work and have not made any progress with assembly. The bottom end parts are all sitting in my garage and I have to do a little mild porting on the head before having the water jackets bridged.

I am shooting for a completion date sometime early next year provided I can get the head welded and returned to me quickly.

I took a few days off next week and around Christmas specifically to work on my 2002 engine rebuild.

Have a great turkey day!

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by weedawg View Post
    Yo, I am in FL!!! Ready to hook up either end of the year or start of next year??How has your progress been? let's get these cars together...There is another one here in FL in M20's gararge, Green one...Where is everyone and where and when to hook up??

YAAAAAAAAAAA!
    I am heading to Va. for the rest of the year. The M2 is there as well. I am keeping it in Va. through V@V.
    Last edited by m2002; 11-22-2008 at 11:56 AM.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by kpolito99 View Post
    Been traveling like a dog for work and have not made any progress with assembly. The bottom end parts are all sitting in my garage and I have to do a little mild porting on the head before having the water jackets bridged.

I am shooting for a completion date sometime early next year provided I can get the head welded and returned to me quickly.

I took a few days off next week and around Christmas specifically to work on my 2002 engine rebuild.

Have a great turkey day!

Well let me know when your up and running...And the other Looks like the other one will be at V&V so the 3 of us not together until early summer I am thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by m2002 View Post
    I am heading to Va. for the ret of the year. The M2 is there as well. I am keeping it in Va. through V@V.

I am not sure if I am going to go up this year or not...GA was closer for me than FL...Let me know when you are bringing it back down...I am going to send you a PM, I got some questions for ya...
    Last edited by weedawg; 11-22-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I imagine a Honda S2000 engine would be a blast in a 2002.

9k RPM, 240hp, reliable, readily available parts and aftermarket support on the engine, sounds like a winner to me. I'm sure the purists will disagree, but I just think it's a fantastic engine.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    I imagine a Honda S2000 engine would be a blast in a 2002.

9k RPM, 240hp, reliable, readily available parts and aftermarket support on the engine, sounds like a winner to me. I'm sure the purists will disagree, but I just think it's a fantastic engine.
    Bah, stick with the S14. This kid would have TLC footing the bill anyway, so why not go all out?

-Charlie

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Bah, stick with the S14. This kid would have TLC footing the bill anyway, so why not go all out?

-Charlie
    Well if I didn't have to pay for it I would just go with a wild fully rebuilt S14 with the works.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    2002 E46 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by m2002 View Post
    Andy, I don't disagree, it is just a serious engineering problem to do it right and the s14 mills are getting scarce and very expensive. Obviously, done right they are a juicy ride. Here's mine http://www.flickr.com/photos/29732060@N07/

I can't find a 2002 on your page with a s14 ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123