Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: s14 in a 2002?? whats better?

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by kpolito99 View Post
    Tim -

Where do you live in Tampa? I would love to see your 2002 some time.

I am currently making a few changes to my motor. I shattered a wrist pin a while back and am sourcing a few more parts before rebuilding her to be better, stronger and faster.

Do you turn your own wrenches and tune locally? I found a Mustang dyno in Brandon that is well run. The owner is getting more into German vehicles.

Kurt
    Kurt, Wesley Chapel. We met at SummerBlaze a few years ago. Thought your car was quite the piece. I do what I can myself, but use Cars and Concepts for the bigger stuff. I would really like to get the 2002 folks in the Tampa/Orlando area together at some point. Every time I go somewhere car related I see another one (saw a couple of nice cars at the Florida German picnic that I had not seen before). Let me know and we can meet for coffee some night. I am here until mid-sept and then will be back mid-oct until the week before TG. Tim

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by m2002 View Post
    Hey Scott, Love the M2. I have wanted to meet you for a while. I saw your car briefly at V@V and really liked it. I had planned on finding you but got tied up working the parking across the street for the E28's. We ran into each other briefly at an exit ramp in Winston Salem (I was in my E28 Euro M5. I think your son or daughter were with you). I saw the car again at the Fl. German Club picnic (I was there in the white E30 M3) but left when it started to pour. We should try to get these cars together one night. I am in Tampa. link to my s14 02 is posted above. Tim

Wow, your car is hot! I will be back in FL in 09. Do you go to the Rolex 24 hours? I go every year...Could we hook up then? M20 will be brining the orange pumpkin and I will be bringing the Red Devil....Send me a pm with your info and lets hook up if not at the 24 than somewhere else....And I was with my son at V&V..I know that car that you have as it went on you tube like 3 days before mine went on....Love the car and the sound let's put them together...
    Last edited by weedawg; 08-23-2008 at 04:58 PM.

My Cars
    2019 Ranger 4x, 12 WR450
    Video of mine. Don't try this at home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lahyMS3aG_E

I'm your huckelberry.

Nice buy on that car, one of my favorites from Palo Alto two years ago, the workmanship is top notch.

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by weedawg View Post
    Wow, your car is hot! I will be back in FL in 09. Do you go to the Rolex 24 hours? I go every year...Could we hook up then? M20 will be brining the orange pumpkin and I will be bring the Red Devil....Send me a pm with your info and lets hook up if not at the 24 than somewhere else....And I was with my son at V&V..I know that car that you have as it went on you tube like 3 days before mine went on....Love the car and the sound let's put them together...
    I do not normally go to the 24hr race (too many people). Do you not live in Fl.? I was told Orlando. A bunch of the Vintage BMW guys go to Sebring for the HSR races (very laid back) in Decmber. I think Andreas, my friend from Miami that I sold the Agave M2 to (Roundel cover car Jan 2002 -Year of the car) might come as well. That might be a spot. I will send you my contact stuff. Look forward to it. Tim

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinepig View Post
    I'm your huckelberry.

Nice buy on that car, one of my favorites from Palo Alto two years ago, the workmanship is top notch.
    Thanks. It is certainly a long way in terms of engineering from my first M2. I think JP did an unbelievable job.

My Cars
    76 Turbo 2002, 99 R1100S, 02 325it
    Kurt, Wesley Chapel. We met at SummerBlaze a few years ago. Thought your car was quite the piece. I do what I can myself, but use Cars and Concepts for the bigger stuff. I would really like to get the 2002 folks in the Tampa/Orlando area together at some point. Every time I go somewhere car related I see another one (saw a couple of nice cars at the Florida German picnic that I had not seen before). Let me know and we can meet for coffee some night. I am here until mid-sept and then will be back mid-oct until the week before TG. Tim
    Tim - I don't know if you are or have ever been a BMW CCA member but there is a pretty active group of 2002 pilots in Tampa that meet at least once every couple months for breakfast.

I will invite you to the next meeting. I missed the breakfast on Saturday 8/16 because I had just returned from a week away on business.

I live in the Westchase area and am probably less than 20 minutes from you. I typically tune out your way while running up and down Veterans Hwy.

I was hoping to make the FL German picnic but it was pouring at my house all day and my girlfriend really wasn't interested in slopping through the mud.

Shoot me an email address and I will copy you on our next 2002 breakfast. I can be reached at kep2005@verizon.net.

FYI - anyone in the Central FL area is welcome to join in as we try to move the meeting place to a different county each time. We have gone as far as East as Lakeland to try and include more people from around the state.

later -

My Cars
    Wow, your car is hot! I will be back in FL in 09. Do you go to the Rolex 24 hours? I go every year...Could we hook up then? M20 will be brining the orange pumpkin and I will be bring the Red Devil....Send me a pm with your info and lets hook up if not at the 24 than somewhere else....And I was with my son at V&V..I know that car that you have as it went on you tube like 3 days before mine went on....Love the car and the sound let's put them together...
    Hey - I know you have tried to meet up a couple times when in the area but I have been traveling like a dog and trying to keep my girlfriend and daughter happy when in town on the weekends.

When I finish rebuilding my motor I will be more interested in meeting up with you. I am sure you understand how it feels when your car is in pieces.

Is Curtis under power again? I haven't really kept up with him much since he blew his bottom end apart a while back after his second spread in PBMW. It seems like we never have both our cars running at the same time.

I am really looking forward to the cooler temps getting here soon and will be stoked to meet up soon and let the 2002's have a play date.

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Tim - I don't know if you are or have ever been a BMW CCA member but there is a pretty active group of 2002 pilots in Tampa that meet at least once every couple months for breakfast.

I will invite you to the next meeting. I missed the breakfast on Saturday 8/16 because I had just returned from a week away on business.

I live in the Westchase area and am probably less than 20 minutes from you. I typically tune out your way while running up and down Veterans Hwy.

I was hoping to make the FL German picnic but it was pouring at my house all day and my girlfriend really wasn't interested in slopping through the mud.

Shoot me an email address and I will copy you on our next 2002 breakfast. I can be reached at kep2005@verizon.net.

FYI - anyone in the Central FL area is welcome to join in as we try to move the meeting place to a different county each time. We have gone as far as East as Lakeland to try and include more people from around the state.

later -
    Thanks. I am on the email list. It's been a while since I have had an 02, so I have been ignoring the meetings. I will try to make the next one.

My Cars
    Curtis is up and running, he told me to not even try him! I will come up with something to battle him though...

I am in GA till JAN, then will be in FL full time...If all goes as planed....

Let's try to hook up in Jan-early spring...

My Cars
    Curtis is up and running, he told me to not even try him! I will come up with something to battle him though...

I am in GA till JAN, then will be in FL full time...If all goes as planed....

Let's try to hook up in Jan-early spring...
    Sounds like a plan.

Where are you planning to land in FL?

I will most likely be finishing my engine during a winter vacation because I have quite a bit of days to burn.

The crank and rods have been measured, balanced and prepared so I am ready to order a set of custom turbo pistons.

-Kurt

My Cars
    Sounds like a plan.

Where are you planning to land in FL?

I will most likely be finishing my engine during a winter vacation because I have quite a bit of days to burn.

The crank and rods have been measured, balanced and prepared so I am ready to order a set of custom turbo pistons.

-Kurt
    I live in Apopka, and car is there resting as well...(tucked in my gararge...I am dieing to drive it.) We will keep in touch. I think it will be great to get the 4 cars together...

M20 in the orange one.
    Your Screaming Venegence car
    and the 2 M2's

What a shoot that will be! I am pumped!
    Last edited by weedawg; 08-24-2008 at 09:55 PM.

My Cars
    Agreed. If we can get all four 2002s together somewhere it will be a blast.

Not sure if you ever run auto-X with your M2 but I have been to the Brooksville Auto-X series once or twice. It is not very expensive and can be sort of fun to try and improve your time through out the day.

Last time I went there were a couple WRXs and a Carrera4s that were running pretty good times. It is best to pick an event during the winter so you don't have to sweat your balls off standing around and driving wearing a helmet.

I have family in Maitland and sometimes buzz through Apopka on my way over from Tampa. I-4 sucks and I have taken I-75 to 50 and cut through the national forest and into Orlando from Clermont.

Man - you must really be missing the M2. Why did you leave her behind when you went to GA?

My Cars

Not sure if you ever run auto-X with your M2 but I have been to the Brooksville Auto-X series once or twice. It is not very expensive and can be sort of fun to try and improve your time through out the day.

Last time I went there were a couple WRXs and a Carrera4s that were running pretty good times. It is best to pick an event during the winter so you don't have to sweat your balls off standing around and driving wearing a helmet.

I have family in Maitland and sometimes buzz through Apopka on my way over from Tampa. I-4 sucks and I have taken I-75 to 50 and cut through the national forest and into Orlando from Clermont.

Man - you must really be missing the M2. Why did you leave her behind when you went to GA?

Would love to do a track event down there...I am missing the car, it hurts to think about it...

PM sent to you!

My Cars
    1991 BMW 318is
    always read in Bimmer that engine swapping an S14 into an '02 isnt the smartest thing to do because quote "a lot of things can go wrong" check out the newest issue of Bimmer, theres a big article on the 3.0CS's and 2002s
    1991 318is

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Read the rest of the thread.

My Cars
    05/330i ZHP 13/X5 72/02
    I live in Apopka, and car is there resting as well...(tucked in my gararge...I am dieing to drive it.) We will keep in touch. I think it will be great to get the 4 cars together...

M20 in the orange one.
    Your Screaming Venegence car
    and the 2 M2's

What a shoot that will be! I am pumped!
    If you guys get together let me know. I don't have the speed now but I have the makings of a fast car, I'm in O-town collage park.

If you are interested in Putting in A/C or modernized your A/C in your 2002. I have the perfect bracket modeled after the original Clardy Rotary bracket. It fits all models even tii. I have made some improvements on the original design by deleted the rubber bushings that needed replacing every other year also made it smaller and lighter. No pulley needed because the compressor acts as the tensioner for the v-belt. These are all new brackets and adjusting arms and spacers included along with all the bolt sizes you will need.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobie Dave View Post
    If you guys get together let me know. I don't have the speed now but I have the makings of a fast car, I'm in O-town collage park.

Cool, will keep you in the loop!

My Cars
    Scott -

Keep me informed when you visit Orlando next time. I just ordered my new pistons and should hopefully begin assembly of my new motor in the next couple weeks.

I plan to have the block cleaned up and honed and might weld up my new heads water jackets. Need to do a little research before blazing off in a direction that might offer any significant advantage.

later

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Video of mine. Don't try this at home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lahyMS3aG_E
    Oh my god... I love your 2002 what a perfect combination.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    95CosmosM/97EstorilM
    thats is one bad ass oversized go-cart!!!!

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Thanks.

My Cars
    1982 BMW 320i Century Turbo
    hey there. im from the e21 forums. i have a turbo'd m10. swapped the 1.8L block for the 2.0L block and kept 1.8L top end. and even for my car that is more than enough power. if that was put into a 2002, a smaller and lighter car, that would be a great road warrior. especially if it was stripped and stiffenned for the occasional track use. but if you wanted a real show car/ custom beast, you could go for pretty much any M engine. what i would do is look locally for a wrecked M3 (being e30 or even e36) where the engine was undamaged, and pull that part. that might be the cheapest way to go

STOP PM'ING ME ABOUT MY WHEELS
    -Crager D-window , 17x8 et0 (then add 12mm spacers up front and 15mm spacers in the rear). falken ziex 912 205/40/17

My Cars
    85 535i, E30 M3,03 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by 320iCar View Post
    hey there. im from the e21 forums. i have a turbo'd m10. swapped the 1.8L block for the 2.0L block and kept 1.8L top end. and even for my car that is more than enough power. if that was put into a 2002, a smaller and lighter car, that would be a great road warrior. especially if it was stripped and stiffenned for the occasional track use. but if you wanted a real show car/ custom beast, you could go for pretty much any M engine. what i would do is look locally for a wrecked M3 (being e30 or even e36) where the engine was undamaged, and pull that part. that might be the cheapest way to go
    E30 M3 engines fit with a bunch of engineering, M20 engines fit with some care and engineering as does the M42 mill. The engine from an E36 M3 will not fit unless you want to move the firewall. And then there is the transmission problem....and......and..... You get the picture.

My Cars

Yo, I am in FL!!! Ready to hook up either end of the year or start of next year??How has your progress been? let's get these cars together...There is another one here in FL in M20's gararge, Green one...Where is everyone and where and when to hook up??

YAAAAAAAAAAA!

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    Quote Originally Posted by JJRoloff2002 View Post
    Im puting a new motor in my 71 2002 but need to know where can I get a e30 m3 s14 crate engine?!? or is that not the best choice?
    i cant find one anywhere..
    any thoughts would be appreciated
    thanks..
    So, OP, having seen that car smoke pretty bad on TV, was the M10 toast?

-Charlie

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast