Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Car 02 BMW 325Ci Convertible

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325Ci Convertible

First Car 02 BMW 325Ci Convertible

My Dad owns a mechanic shop and a car sales, so he hooked me up with a 2002 BMW 325Ci Convertible (Alpine White). I don't get my license till October,but I was wondering what you guys think i should do as in mods and such.

I'm saving up money to get a system in my car right now. I also want to get angel eyes (seen some cheap on ebay, not sure if there good quality though.) Also wondering on rims (get chrome, get alloy ones, or black with chrome trim.) Your Thoughts Please.

Will Post Pictures as soon as i get 15 posts.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    Welcome to the forums! What you should do is put that money into driver's education so that your car doesn't end up in a ditch. Get some good tires, a membership with the www.BMWCCA.org and start learning! I would sign up for a driver's training course such as www.drivingconcepts.com you can take that now without your license.

I also think that with the age of your car you'll probalby need to do suspension before you do anything else. It is probably getting pretty worn.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars

Smile

Yeah, when I get new rims I'm getting brand new tires.

My Cars
    02 M3
    welcome to the noob drivers club =P,I was in your situation about 4 months ago only mines a black i sedan.

first of all things think of a style you want to go with and then just do some basic cosmetic work such as lights ect.
    really nothing much to do horsepower wise so focus on handling and sound
    Last edited by dustyice; 08-16-2008 at 09:11 PM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325XI AWD
    its nice to start out with a BMW, make sure to keep it nice!

My Cars
    00 e46 (RIP) 03 IR ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBeam View Post
    Welcome to the forums! What you should do is put that money into driver's education so that your car doesn't end up in a ditch. Get some good tires, a membership with the www.BMWCCA.org and start learning! I would sign up for a driver's training course such as www.drivingconcepts.com you can take that now without your license.

I also think that with the age of your car you'll probalby need to do suspension before you do anything else. It is probably getting pretty worn.
    What she said.

The car in my signature is my first car, im 17, got the car at 15 to practice driving with, and no accidents, no tickets, and only been pulled over for a burnt out light.

I know everyone tells you, but take it first hand from someone that was in your situation. Right now, I am 17. And yea, I have fun with my car. But you also have to be responsible. And having an e46 at such a young age is not smart. I don't regret getting mine, but at the same time, I know its not the best car for someone my age to have. Drive safely, and before you do anything stupid, think about the consequences of your actions.

I always think to myself, if I was to injure someone besides myself doing what im doing, would I be able to live with the guilt? The answer is always no, and thus I am still in one piece with a clean titled BMW.
    Last edited by pphil09; 08-17-2008 at 01:48 PM.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by pphil09 View Post
    What she said.

The car in my signature is my first car, im 17, got the car at 15 to practice driving with, and no accidents, no tickets, and only been pulled over for a burnt out light.

I know everyone tells you, but take it first hand from someone that was in your situation. Right now, I am 17. And yea, I have fun with my car. But you also have to be responsible. And having an e46 at such a young age is not smart. I don't regret getting mine, but at the same time, I know its not the best car for someone my age to have. Drive safely, and before you do anything stupid, think about the consequences of your actions.

I always think to myself, if I was to injure someone besides myself doing what im doing, would I be able to live with the quilt? The answer is always no, and thus I am still in one piece with a clean titled BMW.
    Thanks For The Advice.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325XI AWD
    wow, i feel old at 25

My Cars
    BMW 325xi
    Gratz man! be careful with it... That is a lot of car for your first.

All stock but give me some time!
    2001 BMW 325xi

My Cars
    Here are some pics of my car! Your Thoughts.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325i Automatic (SOLD!)
    I got my car at 15 and I'm 16 now, but its having some.....Mechanical Issues
    SOLD!

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    Very nice. Don't abuse it.

#1 should be safety school and/or driving school, as Silverbeam mentioned. This isn't the 4-hour sit-in-a-classroom stuff - this is taking your car out with a real instructor to experience firsthand how the car will feel - and how you will react - in emergency and high-stress situations.

Second "mod" should to make sure all the scheduled and preventive maintenance is up-to-date. Depending on mileage, you may need cooling system preventive maintenance and/or a front suspension refresh.

Keep your eyes and mind on the road, and the safety of yourself and others at the forefront of your mind whenever you're driving. This ain't Need for Speed Underground, and it is neither Fast nor Furious.

When I was 16, I wrecked a 15-year-old Mercedes 240D because I wasn't paying attention and was messing with the radio. After that, I rode the cheese wagon to school for two months, then drove a beat-up Oldsmobile station wagon for another four months.

My Cars
    E92 M3/E46 ZHP/E46 325i
    Just be safe, I had a very fast car back in the day when I was 16 which was a 1994 Acura Legend that I did a lot of work on, but the only reason it kept running was because I had a father and uncle that taught me a lot about driving and making smart decisions. Even still, there were a lot of decisions that I made while driving that car that I would never even consider doing off the race-track now that I'm 24.

Anyways, just be safe and please don't end up like so many people I know who have totaled their nice Bimmers or gotten killed at young ages.

Just last year my 20 year old brother was being an idiot in my dad's 97 M3 and totaled it. He came around an on-ramp by our house doing 60mph and spun out of control at the end and hit a mini-van which flipped over 3 times, at which point he went sliding across the freeway and crashed into the wall on the other side.

Everybody involved was just lucky that everyone walked away from that accident, but the end of the story could have been much different. My brother now drives like a good defensive driver off the race-track, but please don't test your luck. Life is too fragile, and it really sucked seeing this car go to waste that I did a whole ton of work on for my dad.
    Last edited by Aarodynamics; 08-18-2008 at 06:12 PM.

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    dude thats the car i traded to get an 2002 BMW 325i. its a small world after all. lol

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
    dude thats the car i traded to get an 2002 BMW 325i. its a small world after all. lol
    The same exact car?

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    yes same plates im looking at my papers right now, dont get it it may look good on the outside but engine wise, i tortured that sucker

My Cars
    yeah, I was looking at the registration papers, are you from Chino Hills?

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    yes, yes I am chino hills californi, hey, I just saw that your from here to, sweet, we should help each other on modding our cars, your the first person i now in here that live were I live.....

My Cars
    i was looking at the registration papers a while ago, and I was like hey the last guy to have this car was from Chino Hills too. How old are you?

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    22 years old but I like to see it as 22 years young

My Cars
    E60 M5, 330i ZHP
    Lol that's hilarious.

My Cars
    Well, I don't even have my license yet(Not Til October)but I'll PM you when I do so we can compare cars(I'll have some mods by then.)

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    lol I was just playing with you I never own that car, I wish. Welcome to the forums..

i do live close to chino hills though, maybe 2-4 miles away.

wonder I long I could of keep this going on.

BTW Nice beautiful car your getting into.

My Cars
    Damn you got me, I was looking at some of your pictures of your car and I was like that dosen't look like Chino Hills. LOL

My Cars
    '02 325i, '91 318is
    lol thats not nice, lol those pics i took of the car were in pomona, which is where im living for now. but I now all chino/chino hills cuz thats were I work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast