Thread: Track Day Data Sheet

My Cars
    325i

Track Day Data Sheet

Hello!

I'm creating a data sheet to help manage time and efficiency after a hot lap. I've noticed, I'm running around remembering these numbers and trying to adjust based on memory. It covers a lot of information. What am I missing? *Disregard formatting of the boxes as this is a print preview, so it's slightly skewed.*

My goal is to keep it down to one page, so I have a page with the guidelines (http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handlin...ling_pressure3), then pages with just data.

Thanks,
    Jeffrey

Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '93 332i
    I've also been searching for different options. I want to print them out and keep them with me at the track, just trying to find popular options.
    **Some people are like slinkies, they are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs**

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    http://www.trackhq.com/forums/f300/t...-keeping-5642/

there are a few templates in this thread

My Cars
    S52, 4g63, LS1
    Nice spreadsheet, OP.

One thing you can add is something to record suspension settings for compression and rebound (if applicable) and even sway bar settings if you have the ability to adjust that. Also maybe a little handling cheat sheet so you know which way to turn the knobs based on how the car is performing.

My Cars
    mini cooper S racecar
    I have a similar sheet.

There is more useful information you can put in to make it helpful when you look back a few months down the track. Some of these variables are good for the whole day, some need recording after each session

Tire type, compound and condition
    Ride height
    Spring rates
    Shock settings
    Alignment settings
    For each session you need a comment about how the handling felt and also the best lap time, so when you come back and look at the data you can look at how changing things changed the feel and times

Those kind of things really help when you are trying to chase down why you were quicker or slower than a year ago

My Cars
    '97 Hellrot euro M3 SMG & '93 dakar yellow euro M3
    That sort of sheets like the topicstarter uses are good if you have a team of engineers standing around the car. If you are doing it all by yourself then it's overdoing it a bit in my opinion.

On that note, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, there is an app called "Intrax" in the app store that allows you to build a library of settings for your own car on yout phone. Its from a dutch suspention manufacturer. There is probably other apps too doing the same thing.
    E36 M3 S50B32 daily - E36 M3 S54 trackcar

They Say Money Talks, All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye