Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

Nick@Autogeek is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Honda

Up Close & Personal: BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

WARNING: The wax contained in this jar will turn heads and create WHIPLASH!

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is a synthesis of German-sourced, color-charged montan wax and genuine Brazilian carnauba wax designed to bestow a dimension of gloss on black and dark colors that mimics the appearance of wet paint. Signature Wet Diamond Polymers provide exceptional resistance to UV rays and environmental contamination. BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax will provide up to 5 months of paint protection on vehicles that have been properly clayed and polished first.

BLACKFIRE BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax is one of few waxes in the world that utilizes a high content of montan wax – a rare and costly wax sourced from Germany. Montan wax, when processed and refined, is known for its darkening characteristics on black and other dark colors. BLACKFIRE’s chemists pioneered a color-charging process to further enhance the paint-darkening effect of the montan wax formulated in BlackICE, creating what can only be described as mile-deep reflections on black and dark colored cars.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Surface Prep

If your vehicle has never been clayed or if it has been more than six months, use BLACKFIRE Poly Clay II and Clay Lubricant to remove gloss-hindering above-surface contaminants.

Next, remove light imperfections and rid the paint of below-surface contaminants with BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. It is imperative that you clay and polish the vehicle for BlackICE to perform to its full potential, creating a liquid shine while providing winter-tough paint protection.

The vehicle I used for this article didn't need to be clayed (it passed the "baggy test") so I went straight to BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish. BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is non-abrasive and is designed for vehicles that are in relatively good shape. It does have the ability to fill light swirl marks and other imperfections.

My applicator of choice was an Indigo Microfiber Applicator. This applicator features a tightly knit flat weave, making it ideal for polishing by hand. If I were to apply Gloss Enhancing Polish by machine, I would use a polishing pad.

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish is effortlessly removed with a Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel - one of my personal favorites. This towel, when paired with a quality microfiber detergent like BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer, will last years. It can be used to remove polish (semi-flat weave side) or for quick detail sprays and spray waxes (plush side).

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax - Application

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax needs to be applied thin, thin, THIN. For best results, it should dry to a haze before being removed. You can machine-apply the wax using a soft foam finishing pad on your dual action polisher. I applied it by hand using one of the included black foam applicators.

Thin, Thin, THIN!

Once the wax has dried to a haze (about 10 minutes depending on temperature), buff it off to reveal mile-deep reflections.

If you have a black or dark colored vehicle and you want to take the shine to the next level, pick up a jar of BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax.

BLACKFIRE BlackICE Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215
    Facebook--iPhone Apps-- Autogeek Toolbar-- YouTube Channel

Use coupon code Clubmember to save 10% off your next order

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    so would this work on a red car?

1997 BMW ///M3 Hellrot
    "60% of the time, it works everytime"

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by mah1688 View Post
    so would this work on a red car?
    Yes, very well.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    E36 M3 / E90 335i
    looks great in the shade but do you have any direct sunlight / lamp pictures?

currently in the market for a new product

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Sun shots show how well the polishing is done, little value to how the wax performs since the wax does not correct defects. Sun shots would focus on the paint and not the wax. Reflection shots are prefered for showing off wax lsp's (although camara set up is the single most contributing factor for good reflection shots, second is location and background, wax comes in at the bottom of the list).

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRotRocker View Post
    looks great in the shade but do you have any direct sunlight / lamp pictures?

currently in the market for a new product
    Quote Originally Posted by jlb85 View Post
    Sun shots show how well the polishing is done, little value to how the wax performs since the wax does not correct defects. Sun shots would focus on the paint and not the wax. Reflection shots are prefered for showing off wax lsp's (although camara set up is the single most contributing factor for good reflection shots, second is location and background, wax comes in at the bottom of the list).

Check out these two threads if you want to see dramatic before/after shots.

Review: BF BlackIce

1987 Monte Carlo Extreme Makeover with Rupes and Blackfire BlackICE

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    BMW 3series e36 coupè
    Great job on the Monte.

My Cars
    2001 740iL Sport
    Will this work on Stratus Metallic? I know it says dark colors, but since it'll work with red I'm just working if it'll work with my color.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer821 View Post
    Will this work on Stratus Metallic? I know it says dark colors, but since it'll work with red I'm just working if it'll work with my color.
    BlackICE actually performs very well on metallic colors. It will make the metallic flake "pop" more so than a regular wax.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2001 740iL Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

BlackICE actually performs very well on metallic colors. It will make the metallic flake "pop" more so than a regular wax.
    Sweet. Thanks man!