Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done for your E24 lately?

My Cars
    Euro CR E24s + 540iT

What have you done for your E24 lately?

Interested in what all you "6-lovers" do with your time spent with your baby(s). Please bare with me and my hundred something newbie questions. Its such a learning experience for me, I LOVE IT!

I have to upgrade all my home building tools to SIX building tools!

My Cars
    1973 2002tii, 1985 Euro M635, 2007 530i Sport
    I bought gas! Major investment.

My Cars
    635csi, 325is, 740il
    I have been doing little stuff here and there to rejuvenate it a bit. Stripping and respraying metal parts that were rusting (blower motor cover, headlamp buckets, will be continuing on to the airbox soon). Doing my best to de-grease the engine bay, but this may take more than a toothbrush and Simple Green! Since I'm back at my folks place for the weekend and have access to the garage, I will be working with the turn signals and taking stock of the front end work that needs to happen soon.

I understand the excitement. It's addictive.

Alex

All cars are money pits, it's just that some people love theirs more than others.

The '85

The '83

My Cars
    '12 Caterham
    buying it

Be a part of racing history - http://www.gofundme.com/TorMcIlroyRacing2013 and help me race in 2013.

My Cars
    One too many....

Neglect.

It's parked mostly but I do try to get it out of the garage and share the pavement with my E12. The E12 is a much more intense ride so I naturally gravitate towards it when I need to go somewhere. But there are times I just want to sit back and enjoy the ride with class and comfort, I pick the E24 everytime.

No upgrades or mods planned but lots of maintenance work is due...

Change oil
    Change/flush the brake fluid (I'm guilty)
    Change the coolant
    Replace the evaporative hoses
    Investigate the oil leak at the diff
    Repair the SLS pump
    Replace the rear subframe bushings
    Glue down the rear speaker pods
    Cut & buff the clearcoat

I could think of a few others but you get ther idea. Why am I not doing this??? I'm deep into the restoration of my Isetta. Doing bodywork now and expect to be in paint within the next two weeks so I'm quite busy right now.
    Mine: 1988 635CSi Euro in Diamantschwarz Metallic, 1989 ALPINA B10 3.5 in Alpineweiss II, 1981 528i in Kastanienrot-Metallic, 1958 Isetta 300 currently in rust repair
    In the family: 1958 Isetta 300 in Federweiss/Pastellblau, 1987 635CSi, 2000 M5
    My YouTube Channel

My Cars
    2017 F250
    i drive it almost daily and make it sing every chance i get.

My Cars
    1982 E24, 1989 E24
    Flushing the cooling system trying to stabilize the temperature before I install my new 82 expansion tank. Will need to pull the tranny out one more time to find out where this hissing noise is coming from. I may just install a new clutch, bearing and pressure plate to go with my new center bearing and seal. This time I will make sure that the tranny is spotless before installation.
    Last edited by MaitreG; 08-10-2008 at 10:53 PM.

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    I've been working on a megasquirt install since december, that turned into a timing chain replacement, that turned into "oh well since its apart, I might as well drop in some hi power cams" that turned into all the valves are bent and the head needs to come off. Now its going to the back of the project list. Oh well I had fun driving it for a month (bought it in november).

My Cars
    B9 coupe and B9 sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Layne View Post
    Now its going to the back of the project list.
    So, what's in front of the project list?

My Cars
    E21, E24, E34, E46
    First is to put a concrete floor and roll up door on my new garage (just bought a house in march) so I can stop paying the rent at the sotrage place that just went up 50% (where the 6er is now).
    Then I have massive amounts of assorted home remodeling (house was built in 1949).
    At this point my list gets kind of skewed and maintains no order, but includes things like:
    Finishe restoring my '78 ford truck before the $6000 paint job falls off sitting out in the sun.
    Numerous improvements to my e21 including big brakes and 5 lug conversion. Also getting discout tire to pay for the wheels they destroyed. I should probably paint it someday.
    Ongoing maintenance on the 740iL.
    etc etc

My Cars
    85csi euro
    my euro just got a some fresh 20-50VR, an alignment and I just keep driving the dogs--t out of it. Averaging 350miles a week.

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    I am rebuilding,repainting, re upholstering and replating every single piece of it!! NOTICE, I did not say him or her. It changes day by day depending on how things go!!

My Cars
    1985 M639, 2001 740is
    I cover it when spray painting '65 Falcon tri-Y headers, motors and miscellaneous brackets. Occasionally it gets pulled out into the driveway to move it out of the way. A few weeks ago it took me to a local cruise night. It was the only foreign car.
    Greg Rea
    1985 M639 arctic blue metallic

2001 740i sport Imola red
    1983 AR Spider Veloce celeste acqua mettallico

ex- 1967 230SL (250SL motor)
    ex-1965 Ford Falcon Futura Convertible (302 H.O., C4 auto)
    ex-1989 E32/M30 white whale (330k miles at the end in 2017)
    ex-1986 E24 Dinan turbo arctic blue metallic

My Cars
    97 840c & 540I6 90 535im
    My 88 just got new sport seats and new Bilstein HDs with H&R springs (Thankyou Elton "Lavalamp") the fronts had the original shocks with 310k on them. they actually worked backwards now,when you pull the tube out it retracted LOL.new cross drilled rotors and pads. so nice driving now but having 5 beemers there is always something to do and now I am playing with a 85 Bronco that needs attention. I had a wife around here somewhere and it looks like I need a new refrigerator cause I seem to be getting alot of extra dairy products lately.
    97 840ci-99 540i6-90 535i5 all black

My Cars
    86 e24, 93' URS4, 10' A4
    i lit my car a-flame and drove it into a river after filling the trunk with dead hookers wearing clown shoes and knee high socks

635csi 5sp. tastefully modified, preparing for headwork, headers, new exhaust...
    www.andrewtrahanphotography.com

My Cars
    1987 M6
    Ok, started with adding on Falken FK-452 front tires. I actually like and would recommend them.

Changed the rear ride height of my Bilstein sport shocks.

Oil and filter that included cleaning up a creative mod of a normal 635 oil filter housing onto my S38 engine. Still looking for an S38 oil filter housing, by the way.

Fixed a not so great mod adding projector low beams. I'll be going to Cibie's or maybe modding some E30 projector assemblies to make things adjustable.

Replaced buggered rear pittman arms.

Fixed a sloppy short shift install that looks to possibly be missing parts.

Fixed old and cracking pieces of the cooling system.

Fixed power steering leak.

Built a car lift to raise the car at least 24" into the air at the frame and tore into the exhaust system. I now have to weld headers and re-assemble everything. That will be followed by new rear sub-frame bushings and rear control arm bushings.

That's it since I got it in November of last year.

Jose

My Cars
    1986 635csi Schwarz
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit635csi View Post
    i lit my car a-flame and drove it into a river after filling the trunk with dead hookers wearing clown shoes and knee high socks
    .... ok..... remind me to avoid detroit.....
    Steve
    '86 635csi black
    '16 535d Xdrive Jatoba Brown
    '62 AustinHealy Replica (w/350SBC)
    '71 Jaguar XKE 2+2

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I just got my head rebuilt, and am hauling home a M6 trunk lid w/spoiler to replace the pryed open bent lid it has now. and in the next couple of weeks I hope to hae it running. My $400.00 car is at $1400.00 in parts and doesn't run yet....

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    See Sig.
    Unfortunately she's just been sitting for about the last 2 months with a hole in the oil pan. It's tough coming up with the time and money to fix her considering that I'm only an 18 year old full-time college student with a full time job

My Cars
    '84 M635CSi, '86 M5, '99 540i/6, '04 XC70
    Unfortunately mine has been sitting since I got it out of winter storage in May. Higher priority issues have kept me from doing much of anything with my cars, and right now the main priority is to get my 7-er back on the road so we have a second daily driver for the winter.
    Jay
    '84 M635CSi
    '86 M5
    '88 325i Cabrio

My Cars
    1998 750il.
    Well being fourteen I cant really do much to it. But I changed the oil, Sanded and got read for painting the speaker covers. Poured some lucas oil stabalizer in their. and nothing else really
    Quote Originally Posted by ynottony View Post
    Yup. Just like we are teaching the middle easterners democracy by bombing the crap out of their country.

Some people only learn when hit over the head....
    Quote Originally Posted by glwillia View Post
    I've had both, and I have to say they're comparable. Anal w/ no lube == getting it dealer serviced, an E32 with original suspension == doing a fat chick, and so on.

My Cars
    '12 Caterham
    well i bought it... as said all ready. but then it developed a serious woble at about 50 so i played with the power steering system (read lots of posts and that was the most likely) then i just took the brake calipers and the master cylinder off to get them refurbished.

Be a part of racing history - http://www.gofundme.com/TorMcIlroyRacing2013 and help me race in 2013.

My Cars
    See sig
    i have a short shift kit (and new knob) ready to go in, along with some replacement tranny seals, new guibo, and other assorted items...

...and i plan to fix the suspension...way too loose...have the $ set aside, just havent had the time.

My Cars
    1987 M6, 30 Model A Cabriolet, 30 Model A project

Getting it up on the cam!

Buying Premium

Trying to get the epoxy to hold the cracks in the air dam

Wipe down with Meguirs

Waiting on: New leather upholstery, rear A/C fan, adjustable bushings on all 4 corners to remove the wicked negative camber, ugh-the leather on the e-brake handle is turning into Mars dust.

Fiddling with the Split Second to find the sweet spot (needs the cold air detection line installed).

Touch up the scratches with Cinnabar.

Letting her sing above 3,000 rpm with Nonpoint "In the Air Tonight" on the Alpine. Windows down, sunroof open.

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS STEERING SLOP??? Tightened the nut on top of the steering box, aligned (still too much negative camber left front). Annoying when the wheel takes on a lean from your last turn....

Just another day with a 21 year old car....
    Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry.

My Cars
    '87 635Csi & 3 MG's
    Quote Originally Posted by roccaas View Post
    Letting her sing above 3,000 rpm with Nonpoint "In the Air Tonight" on the Alpine. Windows down, sunroof open.
    Funny, the name on my cassette tape (Yup, I've still got the original Blaupunkt) containing "In the Air Tonight" has an old fart by the name of Phil Collins on the label.

How do you know if she is too young to date? If she doesn't know Paul McCartney was in another band before "Wings" If she doesn't know the band "wings", you're going to Jail.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast