Thread: Need help with throttle body/plate/housing.

My Cars
    97' 2.8 Z3

Cool Need help with throttle body/plate/housing.

I was reading this at a web site. When I did my M50 intake change out I cleaned my throttle body by stripping it down and cleaning it well. So I do believe I have removed this "black adhesive" and after reading this I have now figured out why my car is running poorly at idle.

So does anyone know anything about this and what I can do without having to buy a new one?

"We have developed a product that is brushed between the throttle plate and the throttle housing, this black "paint like" adhesive is used to keep your idle operating at the factory position. Do NOT remove this under any circumstances. If you prefer an idle of 800+ r.p.m. we can build the Big Bore Throttle body to a special specification in order to efficently achieve this.

This picture is the stock BMW throttle plate, wedecided to inslude this picture for those of you that have not seen the black sealant that BMW has placed on the factory throttle plate. The black adhesive we use is the same product that BMW uses. "
    Last edited by Z300991; 11-01-2008 at 07:16 PM.
    Why would you let someone else when you can DIY!!!!!!!