Thread: E36 coupe rear bumper removal...searched already....HELP

My Cars
    '13 VW GLI, sold E36 328

E36 coupe rear bumper removal...searched already....HELP

Hey All,

i have searched and searched and all i can find is a write up/DIY for a Compact rear bumper removal. i've seen others post "oh its just these 4 screws......and these". well does ANYONE have an actual DIY or pics for the removal on an e36 COUPE, not a ti? my left side has been sagging ever since i got it and i need to lift it up so i can get my exhaust alignment fixed. thanks a bunch
    BMWMOFO OG. Wetdub OKC Enthusiast. E36(sold), 08 Mazda3(totaled), '12 VW Jetta TDI(buyback)
    , current: '13 VW GLI

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"

- Jeremy Clarkson -

My Cars
    2009 335 M-sport 6m/t
    When I removed mine it was only 2 bolts. get under your car, look up and youll see two big ass bolts. remove and slide bumper off. took me 5 minutes.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...17&hg=51&fg=15

it's No. 7

My Cars
    '98 328is
    1. Take off the two bolts holding the lower black piece on. (8mm)
    2. Take off the two bolts in the rear wheel wells that screw into the bumper. (8mm)
    3. Look up under the bumper and take out the two bolts holding the bumper brackets. The bolt heads point down so you'll be able to see them. (T-50 torx, possibly a T-40)

At that point it just slides off. If you have to reseat the bumper brackets (which you probably will), get a small flathead screwdriver to undo the plastic expanding rivets to get the bumper cover off the metal bumper. Then you'll need a T-40 and a 13mm socket to loosen the brackets on the bumper.

Or, at least those are the sizes of sockets/torx heads I remember needing to do the job. I could be wrong.