Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 619

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,417
    My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan@autogeek View Post
    Meguiars Polisher is very comparable to the UDM, but if you are looking for a great polisher you should really look at the Flex!
    OK, so here's another vote for the Flex3401. However, after using it ALL day yesterday, I've decided that the best thing for me is to use the Flex and the PC. I use the Flex with the regular backing plate it comes with and polish all of the large, relatively flat surfaces with it (boy does it break the polish down quickly!). I use the PC with a 3.5" backing plate and 4" LC CCS spot buff pads to do the compound curves and small areas (upper door panels, bumpers, mirrors, etc.). This one-two punch has taken my work to the next level. I am completely satisfied with both polishers. I wouldn't want to give either one up to be honest with you.

    Now... a question for me:

    Is it OK to use Meguiar's Shampoo Plus in the Autogeek foam gun? I'm just wondering if you get adequate foaming with those two.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tracy, CA 95377
    Posts
    15
    My Cars
    94 325is & 96 328i
    sorry, if this has been addressed before, but any advise short of painting car, for vehicular cancer...i.e. clear coat peeling?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by jager305 View Post
    sorry, if this has been addressed before, but any advise short of painting car, for vehicular cancer...i.e. clear coat peeling?
    Once the clear coat starts peeling, the only thing that you can do is repaint.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,417
    My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Trying again.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    Now... a question for me:

    Is it OK to use Meguiar's Shampoo Plus in the Autogeek foam gun? I'm just wondering if you get adequate foaming with those two.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    Trying again.....
    yes, you can use ANY car wash soap in a foam gun. The foam gun actually makes any wash you normally use in a bucket foam and perform better.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    My Cars
    87 325is
    What can i use to get the oxidation off of aluminum bumpers and chrome window trim?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundrez View Post
    What can i use to get the oxidation off of aluminum bumpers and chrome window trim?
    http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-met...um-polish.html

    That will work on both aluminum and chrome. Very effective, and a great value!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    My Cars
    87 325is
    Oh wow, thanks Matt.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    79
    My Cars
    BMW
    This is a really informative thread, the questions I have are usually already answered when I skim through this text
    I love my BMW

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    My Cars
    '03 M3 6MT / '06 X5 3.0i
    I need THE softest towels available.

    Jet Black paint is the devil. I did a full 3-step correction last week, and i had to go SO slow with the cobras.

    Also, whats a good sealant for windows?


  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,417
    My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    What do you mean you had to 'go so slow with the cobras'?

    I have black paint and my cobra deluxe towels never scratch it or leave micro-marring.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,317
    My Cars
    '03 M3 6MT / '06 X5 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSapphire View Post
    What do you mean you had to 'go so slow with the cobras'?

    I have black paint and my cobra deluxe towels never scratch it or leave micro-marring.
    Right after polishing with SIP, I wiped it down like normal with a cobra towel, and there was some micro marring...i thought i swiped too aggressively, so i re-did it, went a little slower, and i thought it was all good. When I did an IPA wipedown, I saw a little bit of marring again under halogens.

    I was using new towels too, btw.


  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    4,417
    My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i M-Tech
    Hmm..... interesting. Out of curiosity, which Cobra MF towels are you using?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Glen Mills, PA
    Posts
    2,833
    My Cars
    2009 128i
    What's the best way to clean my black convertible top? I mistakenly got some wax on it and need to remove that stuff.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerNell View Post
    What's the best way to clean my black convertible top? I mistakenly got some wax on it and need to remove that stuff.
    Go for one of the Raggtopp kits. Their products are highly regarded throughout the automotive industry and work very well!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace M3 View Post
    I need THE softest towels available.

    Jet Black paint is the devil. I did a full 3-step correction last week, and i had to go SO slow with the cobras.

    Also, whats a good sealant for windows?
    Try the Supreme 530s. They're the softest and plushest towels I've felt to date.

    For windows, give Aquapel a shot. I recently started using it and have been quite impressed thus far.
    Last edited by Matt@Autogeek; 01-19-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    137
    My Cars
    Alpine M Roadster
    Hey Matt,

    Was wondering if you could recommend me something that I can put on my interior that will work for plastic/rubber/leather to keep it protected and looking good?

    Also I have noticed small water spots on the windows that won't seem to come out, any recommendations for this as well?

    Thanks bud

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by LVZX14 View Post
    Hey Matt,

    Was wondering if you could recommend me something that I can put on my interior that will work for plastic/rubber/leather to keep it protected and looking good?

    Also I have noticed small water spots on the windows that won't seem to come out, any recommendations for this as well?

    Thanks bud
    Exterior water spots - http://www.autogeek.net/dp515.html

    Interior - http://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html


  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    82
    My Cars
    2005 330CI ZHP

    Hard leather seats

    I just ordered the lexol leather kit from you....Hopefully I can change my order if you reccomend, sorry I didn't see this forum until after...My black front leather seats are very dried out and hard but not cracking yet thank god...It doesn't even smell like leather in it, My car is only a 2005 with 40,000 miles ....I am thinking because the car is black on black and has no tint..It has lived in the California sun for the past 3.5 years....I am hoping this stuff will renew my leather....Any thoughts ? Or should I be getting an oil ? Thanks a lot !!

    bump
    Last edited by 08M3Dreamer; 02-06-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 08M3Dreamer View Post
    I just ordered the lexol leather kit from you....Hopefully I can change my order if you reccomend, sorry I didn't see this forum until after...My black front leather seats are very dried out and hard but not cracking yet thank god...It doesn't even smell like leather in it, My car is only a 2005 with 40,000 miles ....I am thinking because the car is black on black and has no tint..It has lived in the California sun for the past 3.5 years....I am hoping this stuff will renew my leather....Any thoughts ? Or should I be getting an oil ? Thanks a lot !!

    bump
    Lexol Conditioner does a great job of softening the leather and keeping it supple. It may take a few applications.

    If the leather is extremely dry and seems like it's past the point of no return, I would consider the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ş
    Posts
    685
    My Cars
    should MF towels only be used for drying? i heard they are bad for dusting, myth or what?

    this is what i was told:

    The reason for this boils down to one main point: the smaller gaps in its material will not allow dust to pass through it, and using it on a dusty surface will drag the dust over your surface and grind micro-scratches into it.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    82
    My Cars
    2005 330CI ZHP
    Thanks Matt !! I will give it a go a few times, but will get the oil if it is not working, thanks again !! cheers

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    137
    My Cars
    Alpine M Roadster
    Hey matt, the stuff your recommeded me to remove water spots on my windows worked great! Thank you sir

    I do have another question, what's a good car wash soap to use? Also I notice some water spots and swirl marks on my car and was wondering if waxing would remove this? Could it be done by hand or is it worth investing in a machine?

    I am new to car detailing so don't know that much yet so I greatly appreciate your help and getting my car looking nice.

    Will always come to your site for all my detailing needs!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    641
    My Cars
    S2000
    I like DP Auto Bath Shampoo, and Duragloss 901. Both are excellent values and work very well.

    A good cleaner wax CAN reduce your water spots, but will not remove swirls. You're going to have a hell of a time trying to remove everything by hand, so a good PC kit would be in order to accomplish this. If you decide to go this route, let me know what your budget is and I'll let you know what I think is the best way to go.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    ş
    Posts
    685
    My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by PBalla View Post
    should MF towels only be used for drying? i heard they are bad for dusting, myth or what?

    this is what i was told:

    The reason for this boils down to one main point: the smaller gaps in its material will not allow dust to pass through it, and using it on a dusty surface will drag the dust over your surface and grind micro-scratches into it.
    anyone?

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •