Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    -01 e39 525d touring
    Anyone have an idea how to get rid off some paint stains from black leather seats and plastic (stains are white)? There is really annoying spots here and there inside of the car.. small ones but still. Last owner was a painter or something i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
    Anyone have an idea how to get rid off some paint stains from black leather seats and plastic (stains are white)? There is really annoying spots here and there inside of the car.. small ones but still. Last owner was a painter or something i think.

"or something"

Follow my Instagram to see what I'm wrenching on: @xlukaslw

Quote Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
    How long does that stuff last? Mother's Back to Black doesn't last at all. Tire shine does a better job.
    Follow my Instagram to see what I'm wrenching on: @xlukaslw

My Cars
    -01 e39 525d touring
    Quote Originally Posted by xLukas View Post
    "or something"

Lol..
    Last edited by Kameli; 09-27-2015 at 04:28 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    question on pad sizes. I have the Griots Garage 6" buffer, and they sell a conversion kit to go down to 5", but what about 4.5" pads? Or do I just need to get a smaller buffer if I want to use 4.5" pads?
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    2013 335i Sport Line
    Hello,

I have purchased a 2013 CPO 335i sportline with black chrome exhaust tips.

They look burned out and powdered soot.

So a question is how do clean them?

Also any ideas on a clean or neutral air freshner?

Many Thanks,
    Rafael

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    Hello Guys I want to clean my engine bay like this one in the picture, I just wanted to know what needs to be covered before washing the engine with water, or is there another alternative to water that will be just as effective. I have a BMW e92 coupe ; if you can circle the areas that need to be covered with a Plastic bag, aluminum foil or saran wrap. PLEASE let me know ASAP I just got the valve cover gasket changed and need the excess oil out of my engine as it is smoking. Thank you. 4962532234_aaa0442361_b.jpg

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by ralcala View Post
    Hello,

I have purchased a 2013 CPO 335i sportline with black chrome exhaust tips.

They look burned out and powdered soot.

So a question is how do clean them?

Many Thanks,
    Rafael
    I have the same car, I would like to know as well as I have noticed some build up on the exhaust.

My Cars
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by amirahmad7705 View Post
    I have the same car, I would like to know as well as I have noticed some build up on the exhaust.
    I previously had a 2012 335is. I used Optmum Polymer's Metal Polish with some steel wool and cotton cloth occasionally on my pipes to keep them clean....er.
    Bluejay3

2012 335is Le Mans Blue Metallic Convertible/Leather Dakota Grey and Black
    • Navigation
    • BMW Assist
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Premium Package
    • 19" Style 313 Wheels
    • DCT
    • Comfort Access
    • Harmon Kardon
    • BMW Apps
    • Combox
    • Matte Black Kidney Grills
    • Painted Reflectors
    • Cobb Tuning AccessPort
    • aFe Stage 2 Intake Package

My Cars
    E28, E32, E39, E53, E90
    Can you guys make a recommendation for a nano tech wheel coating? There are so many wheel sealants out there, (wheel wax, ammo nyc gelee, etc) but it appears that they only last a few weeks much like a coat of wax.

I am interested in a true coating that can be applied once and last at least a year. This is for new BBS wheels that are difficult to clean. Thanks!

My Cars
    11 E90M3, 02 M3, 05 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelton View Post
    Can you guys make a recommendation for a nano tech wheel coating? There are so many wheel sealants out there, (wheel wax, ammo nyc gelee, etc) but it appears that they only last a few weeks much like a coat of wax.

I am interested in a true coating that can be applied once and last at least a year. This is for new BBS wheels that are difficult to clean. Thanks!
    No wheel coating is going to absolve you of the need to clean brake dust off your wheels. Just like dirt sticks to a well polished and waxed car.
    2002 M3
    2011 M3
    2016 X5 40e

My Cars
    1991 BMW E30 318is
    I have dark green oil stains on the headers of my M42 E30, they (as far as I know) are just aluminum. Any idea how to get these out? Low power APC and a pressure washer isnt doing it.

My Cars
    1994 E30 316i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by amirahmad7705 View Post
    Hello Guys I want to clean my engine bay like this one in the picture, I just wanted to know what needs to be covered before washing the engine with water, or is there another alternative to water that will be just as effective. I have a BMW e92 coupe ; if you can circle the areas that need to be covered with a Plastic bag, aluminum foil or saran wrap.
    This guide describes which electrical components need to be covered with plastic before you clean the engine bay. If you don't want to use water, wiping it by hand with a cleaner and a rag would be a start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ralcala View Post
    I use a scent diffuser that plugs into the cigarette lighter. You just put a few drops of essential oil or fragrance oil on the pad inside the diffuser and the scent lasts for a few hours.

My Cars
    BMW M3 Coupe
    Welcome, this is a machine capable of orbital polishing off the "hard water spots" or is a necessary camera? You can introduce a computer, pad, and the polish for this application. Clay bars and hand polishing is not cutting it

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6
    is there a good way to clean the aluminium valve cover and intake without removing them

My Cars
    Bmw 320i msport
    Anybody know how to get black plastic back to normal after acetone as got on it and made it go white 😡😡😡 cheers 👍🏻

My Cars
    1998 E36 323is
    Could someone make a recommendation for wheels with painted centers and polished aluminum lips? If I use something to clean the painted centers, the lips become hazy and I'd be worried about using something too corrosive on the lips that it would harm the paint. In the past I have used Meguairs Wheel & Tire cleaner, with Autosol on the lips. I'm looking for something I can use to clean the centers and polish the lips that will last much longer.

Also, how would one go about cleaning the engine bay and the plastic in the engine bay? Can I use the same dressing as I use on my exterior trim? It however is quite creasy and needs to cure in the sunlight. I can't remember the brand, but it comes in a black container. Thanks!
    Last edited by NSBFTW; 06-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW E39 540I Sport
    Need advice on fixing a spot of discoloration on my E39 sport seat. My seats are in great condition and I heard great reviews about using Leatherique pristine clean and rejuvenator. I bought the products and used as directed. When I was using the pristine clean after the rejuvenator I had a little spot of dirt on my seat. I used a Tampco brush with a spray of pristine clean to remove it. When I did it took the dye off of the leather.

My seats have never been damaged or dyed. I was stunned that this highly regarded product damaged my seat! I was not applying hard pressure with the brush?

Any advice on how to remedy the problem is appreciated. I don't want to screw around with it myself without advice and make it worse.

Appreciate you help.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by ArniWilder View Post
    I just read about Iron X and ordered some, along with other things and I was wondering, how often should Iron X be used? Also it says to wipe it off with a damp sponge. Would washing, spraying with Iron X and washing again be acceptable to remove it?
    How are you using it? I've not used it on paint but use it frequently on my wheels. Spray on, agitate with a wheel brush etc., rinse. Works great.

Your method above would work. I would add a rinse after each wash you mention above.

My Cars
    X3
    My car has PPF and ceramic coating, what type of snow brush should I use for our upcoming winter? I'm in Canada.

My Cars
    BMW 318 Baur
    HELP
    I want to take the soft-top off from my 1984 Baur, but I don't kno how!!!

My Cars
    E46 330xi

Awd e46 330xi short shifter

I’ve been looking around for a little while and I noticed there are no e46 330xi short throw shifters for the 5 speed. I was wondering if the 330i shifter would be the same fit for the 330xi and if not is it possible to get a 330xi short throw shifter.

My Cars
    1999 X1
    I park my X1 under a car port. It is protected from the sun except the front grill and some of the hood. What is the best way to protect the paint from the sun? I dont want to use a bra. I was told just place a large terry cloth towel on the front when it is parked...
    Last edited by mridude; 01-02-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425