Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    2009 BMW 128i
    Hi, I have a 2009 Jet Black BMW 128i. It has swirls and spider web scratches, and I've been told my clear coat is coming off. A detailer quoted me around $500 to detail my car. However, will this Groupon solve my problems? The auto detail includes:
    • Hand wash
    • Vacuuming and wipe down of interior
    • Cleaning of windows
    • Cleaning of tires
    • Clay-bar paint treatment
    • Multistage polish application and polymer sealant
    • Complete interior shampooing and cleaning

http://www.groupon.com/deals/long-be...tFSa1pAYuHLSOf

Thank you!

Nick@Autogeek is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by cfandbmw View Post
    Hi, I have a 2009 Jet Black BMW 128i. It has swirls and spider web scratches, and I've been told my clear coat is coming off. A detailer quoted me around $500 to detail my car. However, will this Groupon solve my problems? The auto detail includes:
    • Hand wash
    • Vacuuming and wipe down of interior
    • Cleaning of windows
    • Cleaning of tires
    • Clay-bar paint treatment
    • Multistage polish application and polymer sealant
    • Complete interior shampooing and cleaning

http://www.groupon.com/deals/long-be...tFSa1pAYuHLSOf

Thank you!
    I would spend a couple hours educating yourself on how to properly care for your vehicle and then do the work yourself.

Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215
    Facebook--iPhone Apps-- Autogeek Toolbar-- YouTube Channel

Use coupon code Clubmember to save 10% off your next order

My Cars
    Byzanz M3/4/6
    Nick, I have a brand new taffeta white 2013 Civic si sedan, just picked up for a daily driver. Below is what I currently have in the garage for products....

-Griots Random Orbital with a red and orange pad, was a gift from the wife and I haven't used it yet
    -Griots paint cleaning clay bar
    -Griots speed shine
    -Griots best in show wax
    -Griots machine polish 3
    -Chemical guys EZ creme glaze with acrylic shine II
    -Meguiars 83 for random orbital

I have experience with the Klasse twins (all in one and sealant glaze) but for a new car with good paint whats a good system to protect it right out of the box?

Do I need to buy some stuff from autogeek this weekend?
    Byzanz on black M3/4/6

My Cars
    '92 325i
    After paint correction, I plan on protecting the paint with a sealant (potentially 2 coats of ZFX'd Zaino Z2 Pro). After curing completely I'm thinking of topping it with 1 coat of carnauba wax. My question is: is there any harm of using Z6 or Z8 on top of the carnauba wax? Will it cause the carnauba wax to detoriate faster or will it help prolong the wax life?

Thanks in advance!
    - Jeremy -
    2006 325I | Arktis Metallic | Premium + Sport | 6MT | 20% Tint | Charcoal Delete

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by madsedan View Post
    Nick, I have a brand new taffeta white 2013 Civic si sedan, just picked up for a daily driver. Below is what I currently have in the garage for products....

-Griots Random Orbital with a red and orange pad, was a gift from the wife and I haven't used it yet
    -Griots paint cleaning clay bar
    -Griots speed shine
    -Griots best in show wax
    -Griots machine polish 3
    -Chemical guys EZ creme glaze with acrylic shine II
    -Meguiars 83 for random orbital

I have experience with the Klasse twins (all in one and sealant glaze) but for a new car with good paint whats a good system to protect it right out of the box?

Do I need to buy some stuff from autogeek this weekend?
    The Klasse twins are a great option. Use the AIO first (red bottle) followed by the Sealant Glaze (gray bottle). Check out our Klasse Application Guide for more tips and tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbnery6465 View Post
    After paint correction, I plan on protecting the paint with a sealant (potentially 2 coats of ZFX'd Zaino Z2 Pro). After curing completely I'm thinking of topping it with 1 coat of carnauba wax. My question is: is there any harm of using Z6 or Z8 on top of the carnauba wax? Will it cause the carnauba wax to detoriate faster or will it help prolong the wax life?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not familiar with Zaino products but so long as they're non-abrasive and don't feature any chemical cleaners, you can apply them on top of a carnauba.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    I have a 95 Dakar I M3 and it seems that when I use wax, yellow comes off onto my rags. Is this the paint coming off or the wax I'm using? I've been using meguiar's cleaner wax. I would like to clay bar the car, but I'm afraid my paint will be affected by it.
    -Taylor

95 M3 "Erika"

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy287 View Post
    I have a 95 Dakar I M3 and it seems that when I use wax, yellow comes off onto my rags. Is this the paint coming off or the wax I'm using? I've been using meguiar's cleaner wax. I would like to clay bar the car, but I'm afraid my paint will be affected by it.
    It sounds like your vehicle has single stage paint. You can take the simple approach and use a one-step cleaner wax. A good one-step cleaner wax is capable of really bringing paint back to life. Check this article out: Rebirth of a Daily Driver - Oxidized Corolla

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    95 325i

Black 325 1995 -

I am confused that which steps need to be done and which sequence and what product are correct for each steps.
    Please look below, these products I have seen. Can you see if they are the correct process to recover the original paint and do I need to apply all the steps;
    Please have a look if those are correct products according the heading and seqence.

1. Wash

2. Clay bars

3.Compound
    Turtle wax rubbing compund
    or
    Turtle Wax Preminum Grade Rubbing Compund
    or
    Meguiar Ultimate Compund
    or
    Turtle Wax Polishing Compund

4.Swirl Remover
    Mothers Scratch Remover

5.Finishing Polish
    Meguiar's Ultimate Poslish
    or
    Nu Finish Liquid Polish

6.Glaze
    Mothers Micro-Polishing Glaze - Step 2

7. Paint Sealnet
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

8. Spray Wax
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

9. Quick Detailer
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

My purpose is just to understand the correct process. I can also upload the images if needed.

Regards,

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Hello,

I have a Craftsman 6" polisher (1/2 x 20 thread) - what backing plate should I get that will fit this thread - so I can use foam pads to cut and polish?
    Last edited by bcain79; 09-01-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    2001 BMW 530i e39 / Automatic / Orient on Dove

My Cars
    2007 bmw 550i
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrpt1 View Post
    I am confused that which steps need to be done and which sequence and what product are correct for each steps.
    Please look below, these products I have seen. Can you see if they are the correct process to recover the original paint and do I need to apply all the steps;
    Please have a look if those are correct products according the heading and seqence.

1. Wash

2. Clay bars

3.Compound
    Turtle wax rubbing compund
    or
    Turtle Wax Preminum Grade Rubbing Compund
    or
    Meguiar Ultimate Compund
    or
    Turtle Wax Polishing Compund

4.Swirl Remover
    Mothers Scratch Remover

5.Finishing Polish
    Meguiar's Ultimate Poslish
    or
    Nu Finish Liquid Polish

6.Glaze
    Mothers Micro-Polishing Glaze - Step 2

7. Paint Sealnet
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax

8. Spray Wax
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

9. Quick Detailer
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer

My purpose is just to understand the correct process. I can also upload the images if needed.

Regards,

My Cars
    1989 BMW 325i.
    I wanted to say after months of trial and error, reading and re-reading your how-to threads I finally saw results. I cant begin to describe joyed I am to finally be able correct my heavy swirls from a scotch pad. I did want to ask if clay-bar is still as important before heavy cutting/compounding? And, if you have any tips for taking before and after pictures. Honestly, I was starting to think I needed a respray so I want to be able to photograph the before and after work.
    You can see the tape line in this pic, and just imagine the scratches when all the way across.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by mccor023 View Post
    I wanted to say after months of trial and error, reading and re-reading your how-to threads I finally saw results. I cant begin to describe joyed I am to finally be able correct my heavy swirls from a scotch pad. I did want to ask if clay-bar is still as important before heavy cutting/compounding? And, if you have any tips for taking before and after pictures. Honestly, I was starting to think I needed a respray so I want to be able to photograph the before and after work.
    You can see the tape line in this pic, and just imagine the scratches when all the way across.

Hello!

Claying the paint is one of the most important steps in detailing your car. This step gets the surface smooth and contaminant free so your compound, polish, or wax will be more effective.

Check out our Detailing Clay Guide for tips and tricks on how to detail your car.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3
    Any recommendations on which products to clean these vaders up?

My Cars
    Honda
    Cool seats!

I would personally recommend LEATHERIQUE leather care products.

Leatherique Pristine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil work with a capillary action. The proteins, cleaners, and conditioners find their way deep into the natural pores of the leather and force out the dirt, perspiration, air pollution, and other toxins that dry out and destroy the fibers of the leather, depleting the fibers strength and flexibility, and causing them to deteriorate. Perspiration, and the salts left after its evaporation, easily find their way into the leather fibers. Notice on an older car, the areas where a person rests their hands or arms, steering wheel, arm rests break down the quickest.

Leatherique Leather Care

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    BMW E30
    I have a question about interior detailing. When I wipe down interiors with damp cloth, my interior seems to become a dust magnet. The dirt leaves, but within a day it is covered in dust. However not just regular little dust but the places I clean seem to aggressively attract more dust than other parts with dust bunnies and large pieces clumped, especially near the edges where the water takes the longest to dry on plastic.

Is there some sort of "protecting layer" to add? It seems like water just attracts dust throughout the drying process.

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport
    Looking to get suggestions on a new polish. I've used Klasse AIO in the past but I think I want something with a little more cut. I'm looking at Meguiar's Speed Glaze (#80)/Swirl Free Polish (#82) vs Menzerna Super Finish 4000/4500. Thoughts?

My Cars
    Lexus RX HYBRID
    Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is proof that The Best Detail.com is committed to providing the very best service follow us..

My Cars
    Honda
    Sorry for the late reply - we've had a lot of fun projects over at AGO.

Quote Originally Posted by BMRMike View Post
    I have a question about interior detailing. When I wipe down interiors with damp cloth, my interior seems to become a dust magnet. The dirt leaves, but within a day it is covered in dust. However not just regular little dust but the places I clean seem to aggressively attract more dust than other parts with dust bunnies and large pieces clumped, especially near the edges where the water takes the longest to dry on plastic.

Is there some sort of "protecting layer" to add? It seems like water just attracts dust throughout the drying process.
    I would recommend 1Z CockPit Premium. In my experience this cleaner/protectant doesn't attract dust nearly as bad as some others. It smells great too.

Quote Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
    Looking to get suggestions on a new polish. I've used Klasse AIO in the past but I think I want something with a little more cut. I'm looking at Meguiar's Speed Glaze (#80)/Swirl Free Polish (#82) vs Menzerna Super Finish 4000/4500. Thoughts?
    Menzerna SF4500 is a GREAT finishing polish, and a versatile one at that. You can use it by hand, or with a DA or rotary polisher.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    What is the best way to care for my convertible rag top. What products should I use, how to and how often.

I just purchased a 2000 Z3 2.3 it
    Thanks for any help.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by rrosenb View Post
    What is the best way to care for my convertible rag top. What products should I use, how to and how often.

I just purchased a 2000 Z3 2.3 it
    Thanks for any help.
    Look no further than this kit - RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant Kit

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    '11 Corvette GS; '11 SHO
    Just bought a 2013 M5 with full black Merino leather interior. The leather is like new and I'd like to keep it that way. What is the best (and simplest) product to use to keep the leather healthy and looking good without being too shiny, greasy, or transferring to clothes?
    '11 Corvette Grand Sport Jetstream Blue
    '13 BMW M5 Champagne Quartz Metallic

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by andyville99 View Post
    Just bought a 2013 M5 with full black Merino leather interior. The leather is like new and I'd like to keep it that way. What is the best (and simplest) product to use to keep the leather healthy and looking good without being too shiny, greasy, or transferring to clothes?
    Nice car!

I would regularly clean it (once a month) with Optimum Leather Protectant. I'm a huge fan of this product for many reasons:

1. It smells GREAT.
    2. It cleans and conditions in one step.
    3. It leaves the surface soft and smooth.
    4. It doesn't make the surface greasy or slippery.

Optimum Leather Protectant 17 oz.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    '93 740il '84 633Csi
    Nick,
    I have a 1993 BMW 740il with the blue leather interior. The surface is starting to "craze" and I don't know what to do first:does it need to be redyed or will leatherique rejuventor do the trick? It doesn't seem dry but I'm sure a good feeding will help. Also, what's the best brush for getting the crud out from the seams and creases?
    thanks,
    Ken

My Cars
    X5 35d, 328xi, E36 M3
    This is a picture of the driver's side bolster on my vader seat. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from ripping? I have conditioned it with Chamberlain's Leather Milk, but it seems like its going to rip any day now

http://
    97 Cosmos M3 Coupe - Not Stock
    http://

My Cars
    1997 M3 Boston/Modena
    ^ I'd like to see a solution for that as well, as I have very similar wear on my Vaders as well!

Also, Nick,
    I am new to detailing, are there any suggestions for a starting kit to properly wash, clay, polish, wax, and seal my cars paint? The paint is in pretty good shape, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm looking for DA polisher along with the other products needed to do it. Sorry if this question has been posted before, if so just refer me to the list that I need. Thanks!
    1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast