Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Nick@Autogeek is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Honda
    The car looks great BlueJay! You can apply a paste wax on top of Opti-Coat if you'd like, but it's not going to provide any additional protection and will not fully bond to the layer of Opti-Coat.

Maintain Opti-Coat with a high-quality quick detail spray and you're all set.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215
    Facebook--iPhone Apps-- Autogeek Toolbar-- YouTube Channel

Use coupon code Clubmember to save 10% off your next order

My Cars
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    The car looks great BlueJay! You can apply a paste wax on top of Opti-Coat if you'd like, but it's not going to provide any additional protection and will not fully bond to the layer of Opti-Coat.

Maintain Opti-Coat with a high-quality quick detail spray and you're all set.
    Thanks and will do. I won't bother waxing if it adds nothing. I do indeed use Optimum Instant Detailer every day or two already to keep it shining and take the dust and water marks off.
    Bluejay3

2012 335is Le Mans Blue Metallic Convertible/Leather Dakota Grey and Black
    • Navigation
    • BMW Assist
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Premium Package
    • 19" Style 313 Wheels
    • DCT
    • Comfort Access
    • Harmon Kardon
    • BMW Apps
    • Combox
    • Matte Black Kidney Grills
    • Painted Reflectors
    • Cobb Tuning AccessPort
    • aFe Stage 2 Intake Package

My Cars
    2012 135i
    Hey,

I have a question on how to remove dried wax (i think its dried wax) from my taillights. Now im ashamed to say that i brought my car to a quick detailer, due to well lack of time and needed the car washed fast. From what i hear this detailer uses the same cloth to dry the car as he does to wax the car (doh!) so i think i got wax on the tail lights.

Also i do live in a very (very) windy and dry hot area so it also could be just sand that made the headlights seem they way the are.

Any idea's on how to get rid of this wax?

Other info:

Rear lights seem a bit rough to the touch
    Seems cloudy
    Last edited by Tapmeout; 04-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.

My Cars
    ಠ_ಠ
    I picked up another car, paint is looking a little ratty, working on cleaning it up, so far so good. But Im having issues getting most of the swirls out if the hood.

Question... In your opinion what do you think the severity of my hood?

Here's after working it. Still not where Id like it.

Also have a before/ after trunk shot. taped half of it off. So kinda show you what Im working with

E30 318is - E36 M3 - E36 Hamann STW - F31 328ix - F36 440i - 72 Nova - Tacoma

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapmeout View Post
    Hey,

I have a question on how to remove dried wax (i think its dried wax) from my taillights. Now im ashamed to say that i brought my car to a quick detailer, due to well lack of time and needed the car washed fast. From what i hear this detailer uses the same cloth to dry the car as he does to wax the car (doh!) so i think i got wax on the tail lights.

Also i do live in a very (very) windy and dry hot area so it also could be just sand that made the headlights seem they way the are.

Any idea's on how to get rid of this wax?

Other info:

Rear lights seem a bit rough to the touch
    Seems cloudy
    If the headlights/taillights are cloudy and discolored, I would recommend the 3M Lens Renewal System. This kit is very easy to use and only requires a house hold drill. This kit will make the headlights/taillights look brand new again.

3M Lens Renewal Complete Kit with Protectant

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    I picked up another car, paint is looking a little ratty, working on cleaning it up, so far so good. But Im having issues getting most of the swirls out if the hood.

Question... In your opinion what do you think the severity of my hood?
    It doesn't look too bad, and it's obvious that you're making progress. Polish the area again and if it doesn't improve, use a more aggressive pad/polish combination.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Bought an 99 M3 coupe estoril blue with dove interior. THis will be my first time using products from you as in the past i went to the store and got like lexol, mothers etc type of products.

Anyway I need a bundle for wash and wax job. This car is really dirty as it has been sitting for a while and was driven in snow and not cleaned after that so i can see alot of dirt around fenders, bumpers. THe interior is dirty as well but not too bad as the vader seats are in excellent condition but have dirt on them from dirty hands and stuff. Please PM me with a nice package that will do the job and bring the car back to life.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxM3 View Post
    Bought an 99 M3 coupe estoril blue with dove interior. THis will be my first time using products from you as in the past i went to the store and got like lexol, mothers etc type of products.

Anyway I need a bundle for wash and wax job. This car is really dirty as it has been sitting for a while and was driven in snow and not cleaned after that so i can see alot of dirt around fenders, bumpers. THe interior is dirty as well but not too bad as the vader seats are in excellent condition but have dirt on them from dirty hands and stuff. Please PM me with a nice package that will do the job and bring the car back to life.
    Check out the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit. This kit includes Wolfgang's clay bar, polish, paint sealant, spray detailer and car wash, along with the necessary applicators and towels for each product.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit

For the interior, I would recommend the Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit. This includes Pinnacle's leather and vinyl cleaner, leather conditioner, and vinyl and rubber protectant along with essential applicators, brushes and towels to make interior care easy.

Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    ಠ_ಠ

It doesn't look too bad, and it's obvious that you're making progress. Polish the area again and if it doesn't improve, use a more aggressive pad/polish combination.
    Ok thanks, That was after I tried twice using Meguiars Medium-cut cleaner with orange pad. I guess Ill try the yellow pad.

also appears to be stage 1 paint, if that matters.
    E30 318is - E36 M3 - E36 Hamann STW - F31 328ix - F36 440i - 72 Nova - Tacoma

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Check out the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit. This kit includes Wolfgang's clay bar, polish, paint sealant, spray detailer and car wash, along with the necessary applicators and towels for each product.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit

For the interior, I would recommend the Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit. This includes Pinnacle's leather and vinyl cleaner, leather conditioner, and vinyl and rubber protectant along with essential applicators, brushes and towels to make interior care easy.

Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit
    For the wolfgang kit, do i need the polisher machine or do i do this by hand?

My Cars
    Huracan, 68 Charger, LC
    What is a fair price for a detail including full wash, 1 step polish (meaning just polish not the compound. But polish may take several passes), Opti-coat? I'm working with a highly recommended detailer here in Austin but wanted to make sure his prices are within reason...
    Current:
    15' Huracan
    17' Land Cruiser
    68' Charger
    Shopping for daily...

Past:
    11' Jag XKR
    97 E36 M3/4
    07' Z4M Coupe
    06' Lotus Elise
    00' Z3M Coupe
    00' Z3M Roadster
    99' 740il
    95' 993
    03' Z06
    98' Viper GTS
    98' NSX
    89' 944 S2
    87' 944 Turbo
    03' S2000
    03' Evo
    03 XJR

My Cars
    Honda
    For the wolfgang kit, do i need the polisher machine or do i do this by hand?
    You can use those products by hand but a DA polisher makes things much easier and less time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoking View Post
    What is a fair price for a detail including full wash, 1 step polish (meaning just polish not the compound. But polish may take several passes), Opti-coat? I'm working with a highly recommended detailer here in Austin but wanted to make sure his prices are within reason...
    I would check with other local detailers in your area. We supply the products, not the services, so I couldn't tell you off hand what's a fair price for an actual detail.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2002 525i sedan

Hood Help

I have a black 2002 525i, and recently had some problems with wiper fluid covering the hood from a leaking nozzle. This has created a bit of a nasty haze that my normal polish is not taking off. Any suggestions? I have never used clay bars. My normal polish is Zymol.

Thanks in advance!

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by stinej3 View Post
    I have a black 2002 525i, and recently had some problems with wiper fluid covering the hood from a leaking nozzle. This has created a bit of a nasty haze that my normal polish is not taking off. Any suggestions? I have never used clay bars. My normal polish is Zymol.

Thanks in advance!
    I would recommend P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser. This is a non-abrasive chemical polish that deep cleans painted finishes. It's very easy to use and will leave the surface squeaky clean and ready for application of a wax or sealant.

P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    E36 M3
    So i finaly bought the Porter Cable dual polisher, recommend me a decent not pricey kit for the estoril blue m3 that i want to detail please sir.

My Cars
    Honda
    So i finaly bought the Porter Cable dual polisher, recommend me a decent not pricey kit for the estoril blue m3 that i want to detail please sir.

Check out the Blackfire Total Swirl Kit. This kit includes a host of different Blackfire products designed to restore optimum shine and clarity to all painted finishes. The kit also includes the necessary pads to use with each product along with Blackfire's most popular car care product - Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

BLACKFIRE Total Swirl Remover Kit

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    '01 330i
    I have a TiAg 330 that needs some work on the paint. Its not horrible but could use some work as there are swirls. I just recently used Meguiars cleaner wax and there NXT 2.0 as a wax. I feel that i need to go over the whole car with a polish then follow up with maybe a sealant or wax? I don't have an orbital so all this is by hand. What suggestions would you have to get some of the swirls out and get a great shine back to the paint. Overall its not in horrible shape but could use some TLC...

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer330i View Post
    I have a TiAg 330 that needs some work on the paint. Its not horrible but could use some work as there are swirls. I just recently used Meguiars cleaner wax and there NXT 2.0 as a wax. I feel that i need to go over the whole car with a polish then follow up with maybe a sealant or wax? I don't have an orbital so all this is by hand. What suggestions would you have to get some of the swirls out and get a great shine back to the paint. Overall its not in horrible shape but could use some TLC...
    If you want swirl-free finish, a dual action polisher is necessary. I'd recommend the Porter Cable 7424xp kit bundled with Blackfire car care products. The kit below includes everything you need to remove swirls, scratches and to protect the finish.

Blackfire Porter Cable Swirl Remover Kit

A Porter Cable 7424xp is super easy to use and will make caring for your vehicle's finish quick and easy.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2000 740i Sport
    I'm getting ready to place an order for new supplies and need some advice. I recently picked up a 1997 BMW 750iL in Arktissilber metallic and this will be the first silver car I've worked on. The paint is in good condition overall but there are a few light scratches (noticeable but they don't snag my fingernail) on the doors that I would like to remove along with the usual swirls. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher but will need some new pads as well. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Zak

My Cars
    01 Blk/Blk E38 Sport

Question On Powder Coated Wheels

I recently had a set of wheels powder coated gloss black, I have not mounted them with tires or on the car yet.

My question is #1 what can I do/use to protect them from scratches, dirt, water spots?

#2 How do I go about cleaning them, what to use when I do?

Thanks,
    Shawn

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by zak535i View Post
    I'm getting ready to place an order for new supplies and need some advice. I recently picked up a 1997 BMW 750iL in Arktissilber metallic and this will be the first silver car I've worked on. The paint is in good condition overall but there are a few light scratches (noticeable but they don't snag my fingernail) on the doors that I would like to remove along with the usual swirls. I have a Porter Cable DA polisher but will need some new pads as well. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Zak
    Check out the Blackfire Total Swirl Kit. This kit includes a host of different Blackfire products designed to restore optimum shine and clarity to all painted finishes. The kit also includes the necessary pads to use with each product along with Blackfire's most popular car care product - Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection.

BLACKFIRE Total Swirl Remover Kit

Quote Originally Posted by neep8 View Post
    I recently had a set of wheels powder coated gloss black, I have not mounted them with tires or on the car yet.

My question is #1 what can I do/use to protect them from scratches, dirt, water spots?

#2 How do I go about cleaning them, what to use when I do?

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Clean them regularly with a non-acidic, pH-balanced wheel cleaner. I would personally recommend Detailer's Wheel Cleaner as this cleaner is safe on ALL wheel finishes. To avoid water spotting, dry the wheels with a soft towel after you're finished cleaning.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    01 Blk/Blk E38 Sport
    Thanks for the info, what about a wax or a sealer on them? Should I use one?

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by neep8 View Post
    Thanks for the info, what about a wax or a sealer on them? Should I use one?
    Detailer's Wheel Glaze will provide a high-temp protective barrier that will make cleaning much easier.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    01 Blk/Blk E38 Sport
    Thanks Nick for the info

My Cars
    2003 530i
    I have a Topaz Blue e39 that is pretty swirled up and is in the need for good cleaning from start to finish.
    I have the Porter Cable polisher and a few pads but I did not buy and wax products
    I was looking at the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0,Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    is this good to go with or is there some thing else you would recommend?
    Thanks!

Pirates and Ninjas don't get along

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyE39 View Post
    I have a Topaz Blue e39 that is pretty swirled up and is in the need for good cleaning from start to finish.
    I have the Porter Cable polisher and a few pads but I did not buy and wax products
    I was looking at the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0,Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    is this good to go with or is there some thing else you would recommend?
    Thanks!

You can't go wrong with Wolfgang polishes. They're easy to use, cut well and finish very nicely. Great for professionals and newbies. Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is the icing on the cake.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant Creates a Wet, Shimmering Shine on Blue

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast