Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Nick@Autogeek is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
    what kind of buffer bonnets are recommended for a Jet BLack colored car? I am hoping to detail my recently acquired 325i. I usually use terry cloth bonnets for applying and microfiber for removed. Any advice?
    A Cobra Microfiber Bonnet would the ideal choice as it is much softer than terry cloth.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215
    Facebook--iPhone Apps-- Autogeek Toolbar-- YouTube Channel

Use coupon code Clubmember to save 10% off your next order

My Cars
    2006 325i Jet Black
    Will this 6" waxer/polisher be fine for detailing my 325i? I have had this for a couple of years and really don't have the money for a DA polisher.

Also here are some of the products I currently have at my disposal:

Last edited by Snyperx; 09-24-2011 at 04:03 PM.

My Cars
    Honda
    Will this 6" waxer/polisher be fine for detailing my 325i? I have had this for a couple of years and really don't have the money for a DA polisher.

Also here are some of the products I currently have at my disposal:

To apply wax, yes, but to perform any type of polishing or correction work, not so much.

A Porter Cable 7424xp is a great investment and can be used for everything from applying wax and removing scratches.

Porter Cable 7424 XP with FREE Bonus Products!

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2009 BMW M3 Convertible
    Nick,
    I am looking for advice on the best product(s) to use on polished aluminum wheels. I just got a set of Strasse Forged Wheels installed on my E93. The centers are brushed with a clear coat but the lips are polished. I was wondering what would be the best to use on the polished lips? I tried Meguiar's metal polish to polish the lips followed by DP wheel glaze for protection. I used the Meguiar's power cone to polish. It left the lips looking like there is a slight haziness to them. So I am looking for a new product.

My Cars
    2006 325i Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    To apply wax, yes, but to perform any type of polishing or correction work, not so much.

A Porter Cable 7424xp is a great investment and can be used for everything from applying wax and removing scratches.

Porter Cable 7424 XP with FREE Bonus Products!

Well I ordered a Griot's polisher and some pads for $240. I think that should cover my needs:-)

My Cars
    2001 530i
    Paging AUTOGEEK to this thread!

My Cars
    Honda
    Well I ordered a Griot's polisher and some pads for $240. I think that should cover my needs:-)
    Great choice! The Griot's polisher is an excellent machine and with the life time warranty you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dahifi View Post
    Paging AUTOGEEK to this thread!
    Replied!

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2006 325i Jet Black
    Nick,
    Now I just need some recommendations on paint correction on my 2006 325i Jet Black. I need light to moderate correcting. Here are a few products I was considering:

Menzerna PO 83
    Menzerna PO 106 FA

Wolfgang TSR 3
    Wolfgang Fg 3

Meguiar's MG #105
    Meguiar's MG #205

Poorboy's SSR 2.5
    Poorboy's SSR 1

My Cars
    Honda
    Nick,
    Now I just need some recommendations on paint correction on my 2006 325i Jet Black. I need light to moderate correcting. Here are a few products I was considering:

Wolfgang TSR 3
    Wolfgang Fg 3
    That's what you should be looking at.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    GT-R/TSX
    Autogeek:

First, I always buy from you... great service and products.

Quick question. I just purchased an 05 Acura TSX, and would like to clean up the interior a bit. I used to use Adams Polishe's interior cleaner and I'm not really happy with it anymore. Leaves nasty streaks etc.

What do you reccomend to clean up the interior plastics, dash etc? I do not want greasy,slimy etc. Factory clean.

Second, The leather is in OK condition, could use some reconditioning. What are my options outside of leatherique? Again, no greasy products.

Thanks guys!

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by 1flossedm3 View Post
    Autogeek:

First, I always buy from you... great service and products.

Quick question. I just purchased an 05 Acura TSX, and would like to clean up the interior a bit. I used to use Adams Polishe's interior cleaner and I'm not really happy with it anymore. Leaves nasty streaks etc.

What do you reccomend to clean up the interior plastics, dash etc? I do not want greasy,slimy etc. Factory clean.

Second, The leather is in OK condition, could use some reconditioning. What are my options outside of leatherique? Again, no greasy products.

Thanks guys!
    If you're looking to keep it simple, yet effective, I would recommend the Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit. This kit includes the Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, Leather Conditioner, Vinyl & Rubber Protectant along with various brushes, applicators and towels to get you started. The products included in the kit are very easy to use and will effectively clean and condition every plastic, leather, rubber and vinyl surface in your interior.

Pinnacle Concours Interior Kit

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    GT-R/TSX
    Sounds great, thanks.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3a

Instant Detailer Recommendation

I like the Pinnacle line, and I would like to use an instant detailer after "just water" washings. Please comment on the differences between Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer or Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray.

TIA.

My Cars
    E34 525i M50B25
    hi there nick, i'm interested with the products that autogeek sell, just wondering, do you ship internationally? i'm in Jakarta, Indonesia.. if yes any estimates for the shipping price? thanks!

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie, ollie M3 View Post
    I like the Pinnacle line, and I would like to use an instant detailer after "just water" washings. Please comment on the differences between Pinnacle XMT Final Finish Instant Detailer or Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray.

TIA.
    The Pinnacle Crystal Mist is slightly easier to use and provides a more deep, wet shine. You can't go wrong with either one but I'd give a slight edge to the Crystal Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by acssilhoutte View Post
    hi there nick, i'm interested with the products that autogeek sell, just wondering, do you ship internationally? i'm in Jakarta, Indonesia.. if yes any estimates for the shipping price? thanks!
    For international shipping quotes and questions contact International@palmbeachmotoring.net with all your information.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2005 745i
    I'm trying to order the Wolfgang Duo & Porter Cable 7424XP package from your site. When I put in the code for the 10% it refuses to take it, says not all items qualify for it. Also, it charges me shipping in the shopping cart. I thought all orders over $95 were free ground.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by SurveillanceOps View Post
    I'm trying to order the Wolfgang Duo & Porter Cable 7424XP package from your site. When I put in the code for the 10% it refuses to take it, says not all items qualify for it. Also, it charges me shipping in the shopping cart. I thought all orders over $95 were free ground.
    Discount codes do not apply to polishers or polisher kits. However, you can take advantage of the free shipping on orders over $95 if you live in the contiguous 48 states by using coupon code AGO.
    Last edited by Nick@Autogeek; 12-03-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2005 745i
    Got it, thank you

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si

What to use on upper dash of 07 X3si.

What to use on 07 X3 dash - rough + pourous ?
    Please advise on what to use on my wifes' 07 X3si dash. The dash is a "rough" material and seems to be pourous. Looking for the best not cheapest as I dont want residue, stickiness, or "shiny". Thanks.

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si

What to use on upper dash of 07 X3si.

Please advise on what to use on my wifes' 07 X3si dash. The dash is a "rough" material and seems to be pourous. Looking for the best not cheapest as I dont want residue, stickiness, or "shiny". Thanks.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by M6SCOTT View Post
    Check out 303 Aerospace Protectant. It features a water-based formula and is safe on any type of plastic, leather, vinyl or rubber surface.

303 Aerospace Protectant

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    N/A
    I'd thought I'd get some feedback on here without making a new thread.

Zaino products vs. others/different brands? Different uses?

I have a black 2000 323Ci that needs some scratch and swirl restoration as well as wanting that deep, rich, glossy, liquid black appearance. The Zaino looks like a good kit and provides great results but almost looks too good to be true, especially for a DD.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Echec View Post
    I'd thought I'd get some feedback on here without making a new thread.

Zaino products vs. others/different brands? Different uses?

I have a black 2000 323Ci that needs some scratch and swirl restoration as well as wanting that deep, rich, glossy, liquid black appearance. The Zaino looks like a good kit and provides great results but almost looks too good to be true, especially for a DD.
    I'm not too familiar with Zaino as that's not a line we've ever carried, but I do have hands-on experience with the other 70+ brands that we carry. If you're looking for the ultimate show-car finish, check out Wolfgang polishes and Pinnacle waxes.

Wolfgang Concours-Series Car Care

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    N/A
    Thanks. Okay, another question and it's going to sound weird.
    My windshield has tiny specks in it. Imagine road rash for your windshield. None of the spots are big enough for it to be considered damage or a crack. Just little dots that reflect sunlight at certain angles. Would your glass restorer fix this or is this not really a "fixable" issue, short of a new windshield?

Just searched and it's windshield pitting, I suppose. But it's not that bad, and I've never been able to "feel" the pits, hence why I wonder if it can be buffed/polished/something.
    Last edited by Echec; 01-09-2012 at 05:28 AM.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Echec View Post
    Thanks. Okay, another question and it's going to sound weird.
    My windshield has tiny specks in it. Imagine road rash for your windshield. None of the spots are big enough for it to be considered damage or a crack. Just little dots that reflect sunlight at certain angles. Would your glass restorer fix this or is this not really a "fixable" issue, short of a new windshield?

Just searched and it's windshield pitting, I suppose. But it's not that bad, and I've never been able to "feel" the pits, hence why I wonder if it can be buffed/polished/something.
    To remove the pits you're going to want to use a more aggressive glass polish, such as CarPro CeriGlass in conjunction with a Lake Country Glass Cutting Pad on a rotary or dual-action polisher.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast