Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2013 N55 X3
    I have chrome wheels and I'm noticing that they have swirls/scratches, what is the best way to try to remove those? Or atleast make look better.
    Current
    2001 M5, Jet Black with Nappa Heritage Leather
    2013 N55 X3
    1999 Toyota 4Runner
    1962 Mercedes-Benz 220S Heckflosse

Past
    2000 Dinan 540i
    2005 Toyota Tundra
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (horrible car)
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 2.7
    2000 BMW 528i

Nick@Autogeek is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc528 View Post
    I have chrome wheels and I'm noticing that they have swirls/scratches, what is the best way to try to remove those? Or atleast make look better.
    Try a chrome polish, or a high quality metal polish such as Optimum Metal Polish.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215
    Facebook--iPhone Apps-- Autogeek Toolbar-- YouTube Channel

Use coupon code Clubmember to save 10% off your next order

My Cars
    1999 M3 S/C, 2001 525iA
    I am close to placing an order through Autogeek and wanted to know if you all would do custom packages? Trying to be easy on my wallet .

Thanks in advance,
    TJ

1999 M3
    2001 525iA

2007 F150 Sold
    1995 M3 Sold
    1987 528e Sold
    1985 325e Sold

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessTurbo View Post
    I am close to placing an order through Autogeek and wanted to know if you all would do custom packages? Trying to be easy on my wallet .

Thanks in advance,
    TJ
    Use the coupon code clubmember to receive 10% off the order.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    1999 540i sport
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a polisher and a set of detail equipment for my white car.

I am looking to get a flex polisher and I am curious if this package will work well on a white car and if it will cut through moderate swirls.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-flex-polisher-kit.html

Do you have any recommendations?

Also could I use the 10% coupon on this package?

Thanks

-Anson
    1999 BMW 540i Sport

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpina540i View Post
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a polisher and a set of detail equipment for my white car.

I am looking to get a flex polisher and I am curious if this package will work well on a white car and if it will cut through moderate swirls.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-flex-polisher-kit.html

Do you have any recommendations?

Also could I use the 10% coupon on this package?

Thanks

-Anson
    Anson,

The Wolfgang Flex XC3401 Swirl Free Kit is one of the most popular kits that we carry. It includes the best Wolfgang Polishes along with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for the ultimate shine and protection. When used in conjunction with the Flex XC3401, swirls, water spots, and light scratches don't stand a chance. The kit also includes the necessary pads to be used with each produce so it takes the guess work out of trying to decide which pads to get.

The 10% off coupon does not apply to polisher kits, however if you're located in the contiguous 48 states you can use coupon code AGO to receive free ground shipping.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    1999 540i sport
    Ok thanks, would you recommend the Wolfgang kit over the intermediate swirl XMT kit for a white car? or is there a difference?

Are the Wolfgang products a step above XMT?

I have found that white paint is a hard color to get to have depth and really pop, do you have any favorite products for use on white cars?

Thanks Nick for your expertise.

-Anson
    1999 BMW 540i Sport

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Hello Nick. I'm not a total newb but have not spent the funds to really have the proper tools to do corrections etc. I've been to the Mequiar's class a few years back at the Irvine facility and have for years been very pleased with their product line. I do light correcting by hand and even used an ancient Craftsman 10" with foam to do minor work on my Hellrot M3. (as you know, can't put much pressure so its minimal but has helped the finish.) Of course I clay, dual bucket wash etc.

Currently we have 4 Euro's in the family plus I'm soon to pick up another car.

1. '95 Hellrot M3 (mine)
    2. '08 Black Audi TT 3.2 Quattro (Wife's)
    3. '03 Candy White VW Passat W8 Variant (oldest Son)
    4. '94 Dakar 318is (Canadian special order) (Son #2)
    5. Soon I'll be adding a Millenium Yellow '02 - '04 C5 Z06 (hear they have hard paint?)

Looking to spend maybe $250, what kit (PC7424XP) would you recommend for correction and general taking care of the above auto's? You have quite a few here:

http://www.autogeek.net/po.html

I also found the Mequiar's DA MF system interesting, but I saw no kits with them.

meguiars-da-microfiber-system

I'd love your advice but please give me reasons for your recommendations.

Thanks!

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    Honda
    Ok thanks, would you recommend the Wolfgang kit over the intermediate swirl XMT kit for a white car? or is there a difference?

Are the Wolfgang products a step above XMT?

I have found that white paint is a hard color to get to have depth and really pop, do you have any favorite products for use on white cars?

Thanks Nick for your expertise.

-Anson
    The Wolfgang Polishes provide a longer working time and finish nicer than the XMT Polishes, but you can't go wrong with either one.

For white vehicles, I tend to use Wolfgang Fuzion.

Quote Originally Posted by JETninja View Post
    Hello Nick. I'm not a total newb but have not spent the funds to really have the proper tools to do corrections etc. I've been to the Mequiar's class a few years back at the Irvine facility and have for years been very pleased with their product line. I do light correcting by hand and even used an ancient Craftsman 10" with foam to do minor work on my Hellrot M3. (as you know, can't put much pressure so its minimal but has helped the finish.) Of course I clay, dual bucket wash etc.

Currently we have 4 Euro's in the family plus I'm soon to pick up another car.

1. '95 Hellrot M3 (mine)
    2. '08 Black Audi TT 3.2 Quattro (Wife's)
    3. '03 Candy White VW Passat W8 Variant (oldest Son)
    4. '94 Dakar 318is (Canadian special order) (Son #2)
    5. Soon I'll be adding a Millenium Yellow '02 - '04 C5 Z06 (hear they have hard paint?)

Looking to spend maybe $250, what kit (PC7424XP) would you recommend for correction and general taking care of the above auto's? You have quite a few here:

http://www.autogeek.net/po.html

I also found the Mequiar's DA MF system interesting, but I saw no kits with them.

meguiars-da-microfiber-system

I'd love your advice but please give me reasons for your recommendations.

Thanks!

I would recommend the Meguiar's Porter Cable Ultra Polish Kit. The kit includes the Meguiar's 105 Ultra Cut Compound which will correct even the most severe swirls, water spots, and oxidized surfaces along with the Meguiar's 205 Ultra Finishing Polish to further refine the surface and bring out the gloss & luster in the paint. If some of your vehicles are in great shape, you can jump right to the 205 Polish. The kit also includes the necessary pads to use with each product. This is one of the most versatile kits that we have, especially if you have multiple vehicles, and it falls right at your budget. All you need to do is add a high quality wax or sealant and you're all set.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    95 Hellrot M3/02 MY Z06
    Thanks Nick! I'll discuss it with my Son's...all the paint is pretty darn good on all the cars, though one son just painted a new nose panel himself (Dakar) and will need to do some buffing.

John
    '95 Hellrot M3 w/Dove
    AA Euro HFM Stage II (w/21# Injectors & Software) W/Gen III Exhaust - URI Crank Pully - FDM w/3 Row M Coupe Rad - 3.23 LSD - Vogtland Club Spec/Koni SA - UUC Red w/Enforcers - TMS Shims/Rear Camber Bars w/QA1 inners/Sways - VMC F/TMS R End Links - X-Brace - Perf Ultimate/SS Brake Lines - GC Tower Mounts/RTAB Shims - ZKW's w/5000K Hid - Fog Delete - Alpine 9847/Pioneer TS-C130R Kevlar Components/Pioneer PRS-X340/Stealth Box's/Wired Zune 120GB - OE LTW CF Sills/Glove Box Plate - Staggered Black M-Spoke II's w/235/40 (front), 255/40 (Rear) Nitto NT05's - Rolled Fenders!

***Got a '95 M3? (actually pretty common on all years! Even happened to Racer Seth Thomas! ) Check Your LSD! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=390209

My Cars
    1999 540i sport
    Thanks Nick

I purchased the PC wolfgang kit with the fuzion wax kit and I applied the polishes but I still have some swirls is there a heavier cut compond than total swirl remover in the wolfgang kit?
    1999 BMW 540i Sport

My Cars
    1999 540i sport
    Thanks Nick

I purchased the PC wolfgang kit with the fuzion wax kit and I applied the polishes but I still have some swirls is there a heavier cut compond than total swirl remover in the wolfgang kit?
    1999 BMW 540i Sport

My Cars
    2003 530i
    I have a 03 Topaz Blue E39 with 130k. I owned it just over 2 months, The PO keep it clean but paint is just a little dull even more so now that I got a front bumper repainted the color matches, Just lacking shine.
    I was looking at Dodo Juice Blue Velve/Purple Haze.
    Thanks for any help
    Pirates and Ninjas don't get along

My Cars
    Honda
    Thanks Nick

If you're looking for something more aggressive than the Wolfgang TSR, I would recommend Meguiar's 105 Ultra Cut Compound. It's about as aggressive as they come and should remove just about any imperfection.

Quote Originally Posted by DailyE39 View Post
    I have a 03 Topaz Blue E39 with 130k. I owned it just over 2 months, The PO keep it clean but paint is just a little dull even more so now that I got a front bumper repainted the color matches, Just lacking shine.
    I was looking at Dodo Juice Blue Velve/Purple Haze.
    Thanks for any help

The Purple Haze is an excellent wax that will make the color pop. For best results, use the Dodo Juice Prime Pre-Wax Cleanser Polish prior to applying the wax.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si
    OXIDATION ! does it ever end OR does my paint just disappear ?
    Please help. I own an 88 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]BMW[/COLOR][/COLOR] M6. The color is Cinnabar Red. The entire [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] is all original paint except for the hood because of a landscaping truck but that is a story for another time. The car is pristine with 52000 miles and always covered or in the garage.

My question is this. Oxidation does it ever end or will my paint just continue to disappear? Is the oxidation caused by age, heat, sunlight or all 3? What can I do to stop it or just slow it down? What can I do to either prevent it or stop using so many pads to put Zaino on and take it off.

My trunk, roof, and lower panels are the worst. The doors not so bad. When I apply the Zaino all I get is red on my aplicator pad. When I take off the Zaino my micro towels are all red. I use the Zaino for single stage no clear coat paint.

I swear I would fly in Speddfreak or Auto Lavish to end this nightmare!

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Thanks for the quick reply Nick, One more for you also looking at getting a buffer but have always been afraid of them do to so easy to swirling the paint. So witch one would you recommend for me to get get my hands wet with. Looking at placing a order to day Thanks
    Pirates and Ninjas don't get along

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by M6SCOTT View Post
    OXIDATION ! does it ever end OR does my paint just disappear ?
    Please help. I own an 88 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]BMW[/COLOR][/COLOR] M6. The color is Cinnabar Red. The entire [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] is all original paint except for the hood because of a landscaping truck but that is a story for another time. The car is pristine with 52000 miles and always covered or in the garage.

My question is this. Oxidation does it ever end or will my paint just continue to disappear? Is the oxidation caused by age, heat, sunlight or all 3? What can I do to stop it or just slow it down? What can I do to either prevent it or stop using so many pads to put Zaino on and take it off.

My trunk, roof, and lower panels are the worst. The doors not so bad. When I apply the Zaino all I get is red on my aplicator pad. When I take off the Zaino my micro towels are all red. I use the Zaino for single stage no clear coat paint.

I swear I would fly in Speddfreak or Auto Lavish to end this nightmare!

The paint could be damaged to the point where oxidation will be a reoccurring thing. You may want to look in to having the car repainted using a more advanced base coat/clear coat paint system.

Quote Originally Posted by DailyE39 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Nick, One more for you also looking at getting a buffer but have always been afraid of them do to so easy to swirling the paint. So witch one would you recommend for me to get get my hands wet with. Looking at placing a order to day Thanks
    If you're looking to keep it simple, yet effective, I would highly recommend the Porter Cable 7424xp. This machine in particular is a dual action polisher and is 100% paint safe, even in the hands of a beginner. We have quite a few start up kits to choose from that include everything from pads to polishes.

Porter Cable 7424xp Starter Kits
    Last edited by Nick@Autogeek; 07-27-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2009 BMW M3 Convertible
    I am wondering what you would recommend to clean the brushed aluminum trim on a 2009 M3 convertible? I bought the car recently and the trim is dirty. What would you use on the vinyl and leather?

What polish would you use on the wheels? I clean them with DP wheel cleaner. I used the DP wheel glaze and it was OK, but wondering if there is something better especially in keeping brake dust off or making it easier to clean off the wheels. The less I have to try and get in between those tight spaces, the better for my hands. The armor all wheel protectant video looked interesting.

And last a big thanks for the recommendation for the Klasse AIO and SG for my car's exterior when I called in to ask a question. My exterior looks amazing. Better than when I got it from the dealer. They serviced it today and were asking what I did to it.
    Last edited by docwells; 07-27-2011 at 09:53 PM.

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by docwells View Post
    I am wondering what you would recommend to clean the brushed aluminum trim on a 2009 M3 convertible? I bought the car recently and the trim is dirty. What would you use on the vinyl and leather?
    How dirty is the trim? Just use car wash soap and a quality wash mitt.

What polish would you use on the wheels? I clean them with DP wheel cleaner. I used the DP wheel glaze and it was OK, but wondering if there is something better especially in keeping brake dust off or making it easier to clean off the wheels. The less I have to try and get in between those tight spaces, the better for my hands. The armor all wheel protectant video looked interesting.
    I'm a big fan of the DP Wheel Cleaner and the DP Wheel Glaze. The Wheel Glaze makes cleaning much easier, but I'm guessing your wheels get pretty filthy if it's an M3. BMW uses performance pads that provide excellent stopping capability, but are notorious for making wheels look filthy even after a quick drive. Unless you have the brake pads changed, it's really not something you can avoid. If you haven't picked up a Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush yet, do so and it will make wheel cleaning much less time consuming.

And last a big thanks for the recommendation for the Klasse AIO and SG for my car's exterior when I called in to ask a question. My exterior looks amazing. Better than when I got it from the dealer. They serviced it today and were asking what I did to it.
    The Klasse products are excellent.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2009 BMW M3 Convertible
    Nick,

Thanks for the response. I will be ordering the Daytona wheel brush. I am getting an order together soon.

One last question. What do recommend for leather and vinyl protection? I looked on your site and like the aerospace 303 protectant due to the UV protection. My M3 is a convertible and I thought the UV protection would be a plus.

My Cars
    Honda
    Nick,

Thanks for the response. I will be ordering the Daytona wheel brush. I am getting an order together soon.

One last question. What do recommend for leather and vinyl protection? I looked on your site and like the aerospace 303 protectant due to the UV protection. My M3 is a convertible and I thought the UV protection would be a plus.
    You can't go wrong with any 303 product. All 303 products are incredibly easy to use and also effective in their intended use.

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    1995 E36 M3

Cleaning my M3 door and rear panels, carpet, and floormats

My M3 needs a desperate cleaning on the inside. Im gonna be taking the seats out and leatherique them. My question is what is the best way to clean my carpet and OEM floor mats?? Thank you.

My Cars
    audi q7
    even i has the same issue..

My Cars
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by GREENMOBSTER View Post
    My M3 needs a desperate cleaning on the inside. Im gonna be taking the seats out and leatherique them. My question is what is the best way to clean my carpet and OEM floor mats?? Thank you.
    Use a high quality vacuum and carpet cleaner that is safe and won't dry out the fabric or cause it to stiffen.

Auto Carpet & Upholstery

Nick@Autogeek.net
    800-869-3011 x215

My Cars
    2006 325i Jet Black
    what kind of buffer bonnets are recommended for a Jet BLack colored car? I am hoping to detail my recently acquired 325i. I usually use terry cloth bonnets for applying and microfiber for removed. Any advice?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast