Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    Mitsubishi Raider
    Quote Originally Posted by threetwothreeci View Post
    EDIT: I have a legitimate question that doesn't have its own kit on AutoGeek.net now.

Dwayne,

I'm starting my own detailing small business and am trying to get a feeler on my rates. Does this look good to you? Anyone else is free to chime in as well.

[my last name] Auto Salon Operates on an “à la carte” basis. A flat rate of $80 is charged for a detailing job that includes:
    Hand washing the vehicle,
    Clay barring the vehicle to remove particulate and grit embedded in the paint,
    Applying finishing polish,
    Applying wax,
    Cleaning & dressing tires and rims,
    Cleaning & dressing vehicle trim (if equipped),
    Vacuuming interior, cleaning windows in & out,
    Cleaning & protecting dash,
    Cleaning vents,
    Wiping down leather with cleaner/sealer (if equipped),
    Clean & organize trunk (a no-cost option),
    and applying Rain-X to all glass and headlights.
    We do provide suggestions based on your desired final product, but feel free to exercise your freedom of choice!

CAS provides two choices for the initial wash of the exterior:
    Detailer’s Pride Auto Bath Shampoo – A gentle, pH neutral shampoo with lubricating oils and cleaning agents that removes dirt and grit without damaging the finish. Smells great as well. $0

Detailer’s Pride Extreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo – This high yield foaming auto shampoo bursts into mounds of suds when introduced to water and agitated. The bubbles work to encapsulate oily residue and dirt even before we touch the paint. This rich foam - combined with our own advanced cleaning agent- leaves your vehicle looking and feeling fantastically clean and bright. +$15

We provide three types of final coatings for the exterior. In ascending order:
    Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Wax – the only liquid wax that comes close to the deep, sizzling shine that great paste waxes produce. Not as deep or wet of a shine as true paste wax, but a good wax nevertheless. It’s great on light colored cars and lasts 3-4 months. $0

Detailer’s Pride Max Wax – a No. 1 grade Brazilian Yellow Carnauba with engineered polymers that help the wax bond to the paint. DP Max Wax lasts 2-3 months and gives all colors a deep, wet shine. +$20

Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Wax - It is a blend of natural Brazilian Ivory Carnauba and natural oils that give the paint an unmatched depth and richness. It is exceptional on all colors, but stuns on dark, bold colors. Reds radiate energy, blacks, and other dark, deep colors take on the shimmer of an infinitely deep pool. This premium wax lasts 2-3 months as well. +$30

Other Exterior Care Services:

Paint Swirl Removing: Swirls in the paint from previous washes, road grit, and abrasives can be incredibly unsightly, especially under the sunlight of summer. We use a dual-action orbital buffer to safely remove swirls from paint in a comprehensive three-step removal process. The swirls are first removed with a medium pad with Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0. The paint is then polished to perfection with a softer pad and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0. Finally, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is applied to create a lustrous and durable finish. +$80 full vehicle or +$20 per body panel

Headlight Restoration: Today’s headlight lens covers are made of polycarbonate, a hard, impact-resistant plastic. While polycarbonate is more resilient than the glass lenses of several years ago, it can dull and yellow in a matter of 1-3 years. Dull, ineffective headlight lenses are a bigger safety risk than you might think. Clouded lenses can reduce the amount of light illuminating the road by as much as 90%. The oxidized plastic refracts the light that is passing through the lens cover, creating a glare that is distracting to other drivers. CAS enhances, polishes, and protects neglected and hazed over headlights, improving light output and driver safety incredibly – not to mention looks. +$20

Under hood Power Wash and Degrease: The engine compartment is the last place many drivers clean, but it is important to the beauty and performance of a vehicle. For example, think of how difficult it is to find an oil leak if the entire engine compartment is covered in grease. Many engine problems are just easier to diagnose and repair when the mechanic can locate the problem on a clean engine. DP Engine Degreaser is a blend of surfactants, sequestering agents, and emollients that loosen and lift greasy buildup from engine surfaces. This formula is based on remarkable cleaning technology that’s used to clean up oil spills in the ocean because of its ability to break up oil and encapsulate it. This same technology powers through layers of grime on engine components to uncover a factory-new looking engine. A high-pressure power wash completes the cleaning. +$50

Interior detailing service:
    Leatherique Two-Step Leather Care – for 30 years Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil has been used by museums, collectors, decorators, and auto enthusiasts all over the world to maintain valuable leather. It is known worldwide for its ability to soften and restore even cardboard hard leather back to useful condition. It is complex blend of proteins and collagens, with absolutely no fillers of any kind. We apply the Rejuvenator Oil liberally (about 4 oz. per seat) by hand, massaging the oil well into all the surfaces and natural folds of the leather. This puts natural ingredients, not harsh cleaner, back into the leather and forces out dirt. We then apply the Pristine Clean to remove the contaminants that have floated to the surface of the leather and buff the leather to a luxurious finish. +$80 (all leather surfaces)

Detailer’s Pride Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner – thislifts stains out of carpet and fabric using the latest advanced surfactant technology (surfactants and wetting agents grab the foreign particles and release them from the individual fibers). They are then suspended on the surface of the fibers at which point they are wiped away. Removes food, make-up, grease, oil, fruit juice, and pet stains from fabric seats and carpet. Surfaces will feel clean and soft, never stiff. +$20 (all fabric surfaces)

Hot-Water Carpet Cleaning – Most carpet soil left behind by a vacuum is bonded to the carpet by oil or grease. Oils and grease act like glue to hold soil in carpet and upholstery fibers. What can break these bonds? A blast of hot carpet cleaning solution makes these stains much easier to remove. No stain can stand up to 200° hot water. We use a professional hot-water carpet stain extractor and DP Carpet Pre-Treatment. +$30 (all carpeted surfaces)

Important Notes:

- We will match ANY competitor’s prices. Bring us the ad or price table and you’ll get it for that price.
    - We provide mobile as well as valeting service. If you would like the detailing to take place at your location, please be able to provide a working hose and a power outlet. If it would be more convenient for CAS to retrieve the automobile from you and return it when the services requested have been performed, that can be arranged as well. We will also fill the tank upon request. The gasoline charge will be added to the total bill with a 5% discount.
    - We will do our utmost to care for your finish like it is our own, but we cannot be held responsible for repainted panels which have uneven coats of paint and clearcoat in the event our tools ever go through the clearcoat.
    - Due to the increased size of SUV’s, more product must be used in addition to the added labor of detailing a vehicle of large size. For this reason, the base detail price for an XL SUV is $80.
    XL SUV’s include:

Cadillac Escalade/Pickup/EXT,
    Chevrolet Tahoe,
    Chevrolet Suburban,
    Chevrolet Any Pickup,
    Chrysler Aspen,
    Dodge Durango,
    Dodge Any Pickup,
    Ford Expedition,
    Ford Any Pickup,
    GMC Yukon/XL,
    Hummer H1/H2/H3,
    Land Rover LR3,
    Land Rover Range Rover,
    Lexus LX,
    Lincoln Navigator,
    Mercedes Gl,
    Mercedes G,
    Toyota Sequoia,
    Toyota Land Cruiser,
    Toyota Tundra.
    If you feel your vehicle is oversized and it is not listed please contact us.
    1. Dop not match your prices to anyone because you will get someone that finds an ad for $10 wash and wax and now your stuck losing money on the car. Charge what you think is fair for your quality of work.

2. $80 for a a full car for correction or $20 a pannel seems really low the most you will get is $200 for a car. I would charge an hourly rate. Tell them the amount of time you think it will take you and go from there. If they say it is 2 high offer them a different pacakge like a 1-step correction or 2-step correction.

3. Do some research and see what other detailer in your area are charging and base your prices aroudn that and the quality of your work.
    Sully's Detailing
    (954) 871-0205
    www.sullysdetailing.com
    shawn@sullysdetailing.com
    South Florida's Premier Detailing Service

My Cars
    E39 M5
    I recently made the mistake of getting wax on my trim. After reading this thread, I purchased "Wax Blaster" and used it as per directions. It worked great on the smooth trim on my doors, but on the highly textured trim on my bumpers, it didn't seem to work at all. I have tried 5 consecutive applications all differing in amount, duration, and elbow grease used, to no avail.

Is there a better product for deep texture trim? I am willing to use whatever to get the trim back to black, short of painting it. What should I do?

Thank you
    Last edited by byslexic; 04-02-2010 at 12:48 PM.

My Cars
    S2000
    Try Optimum Power Clean with a stiff brush (old toothbrush is fine).

My Cars
    E39 M5
    Thank you, I will give that a shot

My Cars
    ಠ_ಠ
    I have some style 5's with a very high polish. Iv been looking into getting the Wheel wax on your site. What would be the best towel for applying the wheel wax to the wheels? I have used some standard micro fiber towels that put fine scratches in the finish. I'm trying maintain this finish as long as possible. Suggestion?

E30 318is - E36 M3 - E36 Hamann STW - F31 328ix - F36 440i - 72 Nova - Tacoma

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    I have a question that I have never been able to find a good answer on. The first time I polished a car I used a yellow Lake Country CCS pad and Menzerna Power Gloss. I could not keep the pad clean. Within seconds it would get clogged and it would no longer cut. Because of this I have not used the yellow pad or Power Gloss since then. Also, I used XMT spray conditioner before I applied the compound. Was I doing something wrong?
    '84 325e 32k miles | '98 328i 68k miles | '01 Z3 74K miles | '99 F150 64k miles
    PSN ID: Trevor-TC2
    We retrofit headlights, code BMWs, rekey locks and thoroughly detail cars. Interested or curious? PM us.

My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by TC2 View Post
    I have a question that I have never been able to find a good answer on. The first time I polished a car I used a yellow Lake Country CCS pad and Menzerna Power Gloss. I could not keep the pad clean. Within seconds it would get clogged and it would no longer cut. Because of this I have not used the yellow pad or Power Gloss since then. Also, I used XMT spray conditioner before I applied the compound. Was I doing something wrong?
    It's normal when using a compound. This is why I recommend having multiple cutting pads and/or a pad washer when compounding a vehicle. I typically go through around 6 pads when compounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    I have some style 5's with a very high polish. Iv been looking into getting the Wheel wax on your site. What would be the best towel for applying the wheel wax to the wheels? I have used some standard micro fiber towels that put fine scratches in the finish. I'm trying maintain this finish as long as possible. Suggestion?
    ]

Any of our higher end towels will be fine. I recommend applying it with a fine foam applicator (the red CCS applicators would be perfect) and removing with a Cobra Deluxe Jr 600 towel (these are my favorite).
    Last edited by Matt@Autogeek; 04-14-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2006 BMW 335i
    Dear Autogeek, just a question on paint correction: I just recently used Klasse AIO and SG (3 coats) on my black BMW 3wks ago but I did not do any paint correction. I would now like to use the porter cable with Menzerna polish to remove swirls and scratches. My question is can I go straight into polishing after washing/drying or do i need to use something to try to remove the SG (Klasse) before polishing, or should i wait 3-6mths for the SG to wear away before polishing. I am really keen to start polishing away scratches,swirls and watermark.

My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by kham View Post
    Dear Autogeek, just a question on paint correction: I just recently used Klasse AIO and SG (3 coats) on my black BMW 3wks ago but I did not do any paint correction. I would now like to use the porter cable with Menzerna polish to remove swirls and scratches. My question is can I go straight into polishing after washing/drying or do i need to use something to try to remove the SG (Klasse) before polishing, or should i wait 3-6mths for the SG to wear away before polishing. I am really keen to start polishing away scratches,swirls and watermark.
    After washing, wipe the car down with some 50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol / Water and it will strip the sealant. You can then go straight to polishing.

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Questions about minor paint repair and full detailing

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1441271

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

'96 328iC, '96 328i, '89 s52 swapped 325i
    Shadetree30

My Cars
    1997 540i6, 2009 135i
    Great forum! Saw your ad on Two Guys Garage or one of those shows. Thanks for all the good advice and coaching.

I use clay, Klasse AIO and their sealant glaze followed by S100 Carnauba wax about every 6-months. I maintain the finish by waxing with the Carnauba wax every couple of months. I was wonder if there is something I could use after each wash to give the finish a just waxed look without looking too brassy? Thx!

o 1997 540i6 o Dinan supercharger system o Dinan stage 3 suspension system o Dinan wheels o UUC EVO3 SSK/DSSR o SS Headers o M-Tech illuminated shifter o M5 3.62 LSD o Cubic trim o Gauge rings o OEM In-dash CD o Ultimate pedals o Hella AE's o M-Sport Steering Wheel o 400 RWHP o A/W intercooler o Killer Chiller

My Cars
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 540-S3 View Post
    Great forum! Saw your ad on Two Guys Garage or one of those shows. Thanks for all the good advice and coaching.

I use clay, Klasse AIO and their sealant glaze followed by S100 Carnauba wax about every 6-months. I maintain the finish by waxing with the Carnauba wax every couple of months. I was wonder if there is something I could use after each wash to give the finish a just waxed look without looking too brassy? Thx!
    With S100 as your top coat, I recommend using Pinnacle Crystal Mist to replenish the top layer of carnauba and add a slick shine after each wash.

http://www.autogeek.net/pincrysmis.html

With Sealant Glaze as the top coat, I'd use DP Final Gloss (this also works with a carnauba top coat - very versatile and provides great results).

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-final-gloss-detailer.html

My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    ?What is a good quick detailer to use with a new car with dealer paint sealant? (I have Zurich shield which I regret paying for)

Also can you apply wax on top of this sealant layer and not ruin the sealant?

"If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueBMW View Post
    ?What is a good quick detailer to use with a new car with dealer paint sealant? (I have Zurich shield which I regret paying for)

Also can you apply wax on top of this sealant layer and not ruin the sealant?
    Wax is made to go on the sealant, It can add additional protection and depth to the paint.

As for QDs, most of anything can work: I use Wolfgang Quick Detailer, but a Poorboys product could work the same...

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    S2000
    Either of those QDs I mentioned above (DP, Pinnacle) will work just fine. No need to worry about them hurting the sealant.

My Cars
    E90 M3, S54 Clown shoe
    Then wax is going on top. Thanks for the help.

"If you go backwards through the Pearly Gates in a giant fireball, that's a cool way to die." -Richard Hammond

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    What process and products do you recommend to remove the smell of cigarette smoke from a car?

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    11.49@130.4 and 570whp@16psi on a stock m52 shortblock.
    WTB: Low compression M52 pistons & GT30r or 35r
    FS: PT-67 DBB turbo, freshly rebuilt
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    S2000

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@Autogeek View Post
    Just how effective are these products? I am looking at buying a pristine '05 E46 M3, but the car has been smoked in almost all its life. The car actually doesn't smell too terrible, but it's still instantly apparent when you climb in the car. I have also been told that the majority of the scent is retained in the headliner and the car will always smell like smoke till it is replaced. What do you think?

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    S2000
    That's why the Odor Bomb is so effective. You open the valve on the can and let it sit in the car with the windows up, and it gets in all the cracks and crevices. Then, use the 1Z product I linked to clean out the A/C system and you should be good to go.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    That's why the Odor Bomb is so effective. You open the valve on the can and let it sit in the car with the windows up, and it gets in all the cracks and crevices. Then, use the 1Z product I linked to clean out the A/C system and you should be good to go.
    Well thanks for renewing my interest in the car, I think I'll buy it and give them a shot!

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    S2000
    Let us know how it works out for you.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Let us know how it works out for you.
    Received all the products last week, and overall I am very pleased with the results. No smoke smell remains at all. The only thing I was not pleased about was the Odor Bomb does not vaporize very well, I think the sprayer gets backed up with the product it starts almost spraying out as a liquid. Required about 10 minutes clean-up of seats/ windows/ carpet, but again overall I am pleased with the Odor Bomb, Klima-Cleaner and Non-Smoke.

Turbo '99 M Roadster
    PM me with questions.

My Cars
    S2000
    That's pretty normal, there is some clean-up involved. Can't argue with the results though!

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M Tech
    Hey Matt,
    My e39 has very fine over spray all over most of the paint and windows, it looks like it is from a front bumper replacement. Not enough to see from 5ft away, but the paint feels like sand paper when you run your hand over it - even after waxing. I have no detailing equipment. Is there anything that you can recommend to remove the over spray? Would a clay bar accomplish this? I would like to get it off to apply a sealant and wax - any recommendations on those would be appreciated as well. The front fenders are starting to oxidize it appears.

Thanks!

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast