Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by cdomm3484 View Post
    Hi guys,

My gf has a Cooper S and in the year she's had it we've noticed the bonnet stripes getting dirtier and dirtier. Is there a safe way to clean these?

Thanks,
    Use 303 Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner and then protect them with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

303 Cleaners & Protectants at Autogeek
    - Meghan
    Meghan@autogeek.net

** 10% off @ Autogeek.net- PinnacleWax.com -Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat104 View Post
    Hi, I have a question on how to repair or hide scratches and dents from the daily wear and tear of driving. Specifically, I have some minor chip marks from hitting loose stones on the freeway on the front bumper of my 325i as well as scratches from hitting a curb at the bottom of my front door. There is also a slight dent on the rear bumper from backing into the garage some time ago. All these scratches and dents are minor and not too visible unless one pays close attention, so I don't want to go in for an expensive paint job/dent repair yet. Can you suggest a solution to these scratches and dents? Thanks.
    We can help you with the paint chips. The easiest way is to get the factory touchup paint from the dealership and then use the Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit. It eliminates the paint blob and provides an easy solution to repair the chip marks until you do have it professionally painted.

Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit

Langka Paint Chip Repair process 5 Minute Training Video
    - Meghan
    Meghan@autogeek.net

** 10% off @ Autogeek.net- PinnacleWax.com -Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by true36 View Post
    hey whats going on I just bought this estoril blue m3 but I feel like that paint is fadding and looks a little dull. Another problem is that on the the rear window in the corner theres a little rust. i was wondering how to fix the rust and how to make the paint stand out.

Thanks in advance,
    It sounds like the paint need to be machine polished to bring back the color. When you look at the sun's reflection in the paint, do you see any spiderweb marks, swirls or holograms?

Here's a link for Griot's Garage Rust Remover
    - Meghan
    Meghan@autogeek.net

My Cars
    1998 e36 m3 SC
    yea a little i think im going to wet sand it down then clay it and all that i have another question on the back panel there was a wole and the owner filled it up with bondo is that a bad thing because i heard that bondo sucks up water and could rust the panel?

My Cars
    Sportwagen TDI - Civic
    What do you recommend product wise for someone wanting to start a small detailing business?

My Cars
    '95 Dakar M3
    Hey I'm a dealer and I want to know what process you would recommend for me to do a quick detail for my cars. I go through a good amount of cars and don't really have the time/want to spend the money to go through all the steps of a full blown detail. Do you have any suggestions for a ''half-assed'' detail with the best results?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Stig View Post
    What do you recommend product wise for someone wanting to start a small detailing business?
    We put together Pro Detailer Start-Up Kits to make it easy to start a detailing business.

Quote Originally Posted by morbid View Post
    Hey I'm a dealer and I want to know what process you would recommend for me to do a quick detail for my cars. I go through a good amount of cars and don't really have the time/want to spend the money to go through all the steps of a full blown detail. Do you have any suggestions for a ''half-assed'' detail with the best results?
    A lot of dealers use one step products that clean the paint and leave shine and protection behind, all in one step. This doesn't take the place of claying but would save you from doing separate polishing and waxing steps.

I would suggest the following steps so the paint will be smooth, clean,and protected.

1. Wash & Dry
    2. Detailing clay & lube
    3. One step polish/wax with an orbital

Some excellent choices for a one step product would be:

Pinnacle XMT 360

Optimum Poli Seal

Klasse All In One
    Last edited by Dwayne@Autogeek; 09-28-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!

gum on mats

How u doin. My question is how to safely remove gum from my mats which happen to be beige. I tried to pull it off but it's started to stick in, Only the top part of the gum pulled away from the rest of it.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by jbimflyer View Post
    How u doin. My question is how to safely remove gum from my mats which happen to be beige. I tried to pull it off but it's started to stick in, Only the top part of the gum pulled away from the rest of it.
    We have a great product that helps you remove gum from carpet.

Stoner XENIT Intensive Cleaner
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net
    Autogeek.net sponsors the Show & Shine Forum
    ** 10% off @ Autogeek.net, Pinnaclewax.com and WolfgangCarCare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

My Cars
    96 BMW 328 I
    what do you recommend for an aggressive clay for removing rustoleum overspray from an unwaxed car?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiation Burns View Post
    what do you recommend for an aggressive clay for removing rustoleum overspray from an unwaxed car?
    Meguiars Aggressive Professional Detailing Clay
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net
    ** 10% off @ Autogeek.net, Pinnaclewax.com and WolfgangCarCare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

My Cars
    96 BMW 328 I
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne@Autogeek View Post
    Thank you very much

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I wash my car every week, sometimes twice a week using 2 buckets, one with soapy water, and another with clean water. I was thinking instead of purchasing a flow-through car wash brush. I see you don't sell them on your website, not that I could find at least, so I was wondering what your opinion is on using one of these?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    I wash my car every week, sometimes twice a week using 2 buckets, one with soapy water, and another with clean water. I was thinking instead of purchasing a flow-through car wash brush. I see you don't sell them on your website, not that I could find at least, so I was wondering what your opinion is on using one of these?
    Actually our Montana Boars Hair Brushes that are threaded for an extension handle have a hole all the way through that will accommodate a flow through handle as well.

The reason we do not offer the longer, flow through handles is they are not practical for shipping.
    Last edited by Dwayne@Autogeek; 10-02-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    02 X5 4.6is
    I recently purchased a 95 M3 in red. The paint has lots of swirls but no deep scratches. I have never used a rotary unit and would prefer to use hand products, preferably a kit vs. individual pieces. I want to start with a good clay, but I'm not sure where to go beyond that. Basically, I'm looking for some beginner products to get my swirls cured. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EpDarks View Post
    I recently purchased a 95 M3 in red. The paint has lots of swirls but no deep scratches. I have never used a rotary unit and would prefer to use hand products, preferably a kit vs. individual pieces. I want to start with a good clay, but I'm not sure where to go beyond that. Basically, I'm looking for some beginner products to get my swirls cured. Thanks.

http://www.autogeek.net/xmt-speed-clay-bar.html Is a nice size bar, which I cut into a few smaller ones. That way it will last longer, and if you were to drop it. http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-detail-clay.html This pack comes with 3 -50gram bars, http://www.autogeek.net/ultra-fine-poly-clay.html The poly clay is one of the softest clays I have used.

Most of the time you will need a machine to reduce or remove the swirls in your finish. http://www.autogeek.net/dual-action-polishers.html

Hope this helps
    - Ed
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    325is
    So after about two months of my baby sitting with no tranny shes almost done but anyways. My question is what polish and sealent should i use on it? i prefer to get it at pepboys or advanced auto or some auto place for the fact i can get it whenever and not have to wait on shipping also i can compare prices since moneys ight after buying the tranny swap. So what is your opinion

I already plan on washing it, clay bar, wash again to remove access clay from clay bar. i also was going to use some turtle wax polishing compound. Can you suggest some polish and sealent thats OTC? Or if TW compound is a bad idea?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
    So after about two months of my baby sitting with no tranny shes almost done but anyways. My question is what polish and sealent should i use on it? i prefer to get it at pepboys or advanced auto or some auto place for the fact i can get it whenever and not have to wait on shipping also i can compare prices since moneys ight after buying the tranny swap. So what is your opinion

I already plan on washing it, clay bar, wash again to remove access clay from clay bar. i also was going to use some turtle wax polishing compound. Can you suggest some polish and sealent thats OTC? Or if TW compound is a bad idea?
    What we do in this thread is advise and help out with products that we do offer. Since I am not familiar with TW products, your best bet is to contact their technical support team to help you out with proper usage.
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    325is
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne@Autogeek View Post
    What we do in this thread is advise and help out with products that we do offer. Since I am not familiar with TW products, your best bet is to contact their technical support team to help you out with proper usage.
    Well what would you suggest that you all offer?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeam3 View Post
    Well what would you suggest that you all offer?
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is my sealant of choice. Take a look at this video to see the products in action:

Wolfgang Concours Series How-To Video
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    S60R, 72 cutlass
    take all products inside from the garage during winter a must?

Quote Originally Posted by AggroRider1 View Post
    take all products inside from the garage during winter a must?
    Depends on the area you are from. And looks like you are in Connecticut, with those cold temps there. I would say yes. You don't want the products in freezing cold temp.
    - Ed
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    (OO=[][]=OO)
    How do you attach a flexible backing plate to a Flex 3401 VRG?
    '84 325e 32k miles | '98 328i 68k miles | '01 Z3 74K miles | '99 F150 64k miles
    PSN ID: Trevor-TC2
    We retrofit headlights, code BMWs, rekey locks and thoroughly detail cars. Interested or curious? PM us.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by TC2 View Post
    How do you attach a flexible backing plate to a Flex 3401 VRG?
    You cannot at the present time. The 3401 backing plate has gears that mesh with the machine so a standard backing plate cannot be used with the 3401.
    - Dwayne
    Autogeek.net

My Cars
    95 740i, 92 ACSchnitzer

Black car care

My car is a black 95 325. I usually keep it very clean and waxed. I've got a problem that happens more than I want. Last weekend I had it spotlessly clean, then drove it 50 miles and went to work. When I came out it was dusty so I got my microfiber cloth out and went over it. Then I put it in the sun and it looked like crap. Swirl marks all over it. I put some spray detail on it and it didn't help. I had this same problem on my old 911. Question; is it the dirty micro fiber cloth I use, how ofter should you wash them? Or is is the kind of spray I use. If you rub your fingers on the sides, you can see the swirl tracks, like it's greasy or something. Thanks for any help.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast