Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

My Cars
    2015 335i MSport
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Rocka View Post
    Yes external trims.

Here an example of the same trims and the same car I have so im looking for something good to restore the trim back to original look like this

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4trains View Post
    I'm not going to reply to every question, but will answer where i think I can help.

- Ditch the WallyMart dish soap and buy a dedicated car wash shampoo. You can probably find something worthwhile at AutoZone or Advance, but last year I bought a gallon of the Citrus Wash and Gloss from Chemical Guys. (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Citrus_W..._p/cws_301.htm) The stuff is highly concentrated and therefore a little goes a long way. When you consider how many washes you get from a gallon it is really the most economical way to go. My next purchase, when I run out of the Citrus Wash will be the Honeydew Snowfoam........

Have you ever tried using Original Dawn blue dish soap? It's like the duct the of soap. I use it for car washes, cleaning oil spills on concrete, give my dog a flea bath, and I use it on myself as shampoo/body wash for my outdoor shower. It does a noticeable better job at all these than many over priced dedicated products. For car wash it does a great job of softening up those hard yellow bee shit deposits that are common in socal.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard of peeling clearcoat being aesthetically approved by just removing all the clearcoat. The base paint can be prepped and resprayed with clearcoat again. It's semi ghetto and is not perfect but can work. My clearcaot is going so I'm looking into just getting it removed and having just the matte type underpaint. I'm more concerned with go than show so figure if anything it will save the trouble of it peeling slowly away over time.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a car detailing question that I can't seem to find an answer. I have an e36 m3 vert with the vinyl rear window. It is getting hazy overall and on the bottom it has some crusty type stuff. Is there anything I can do to at least clean it up some but hopefully polish it to make it clear?

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    -01 e39 525d touring
    Anyone have an idea how to get rid off some paint stains from black leather seats and plastic (stains are white)? There is really annoying spots here and there inside of the car.. small ones but still. Last owner was a painter or something i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
    Anyone have an idea how to get rid off some paint stains from black leather seats and plastic (stains are white)? There is really annoying spots here and there inside of the car.. small ones but still. Last owner was a painter or something i think.

"or something"

Follow my Instagram to see what I'm wrenching on: @xlukaslw

Quote Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
    How long does that stuff last? Mother's Back to Black doesn't last at all. Tire shine does a better job.
    Follow my Instagram to see what I'm wrenching on: @xlukaslw

My Cars
    -01 e39 525d touring
    Quote Originally Posted by xLukas View Post
    "or something"

Lol..
    Last edited by Kameli; 09-27-2015 at 04:28 PM.

My Cars
    98 M3, 00 323i
    question on pad sizes. I have the Griots Garage 6" buffer, and they sell a conversion kit to go down to 5", but what about 4.5" pads? Or do I just need to get a smaller buffer if I want to use 4.5" pads?
    '98 M3 5spd - '00 323i 5spd

My Cars
    2013 335i Sport Line
    Hello,

I have purchased a 2013 CPO 335i sportline with black chrome exhaust tips.

They look burned out and powdered soot.

So a question is how do clean them?

Also any ideas on a clean or neutral air freshner?

Many Thanks,
    Rafael

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    Hello Guys I want to clean my engine bay like this one in the picture, I just wanted to know what needs to be covered before washing the engine with water, or is there another alternative to water that will be just as effective. I have a BMW e92 coupe ; if you can circle the areas that need to be covered with a Plastic bag, aluminum foil or saran wrap. PLEASE let me know ASAP I just got the valve cover gasket changed and need the excess oil out of my engine as it is smoking. Thank you. 4962532234_aaa0442361_b.jpg

My Cars
    2007 BMW 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by ralcala View Post
    Hello,

I have purchased a 2013 CPO 335i sportline with black chrome exhaust tips.

They look burned out and powdered soot.

So a question is how do clean them?

Many Thanks,
    Rafael
    I have the same car, I would like to know as well as I have noticed some build up on the exhaust.

My Cars
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by amirahmad7705 View Post
    I have the same car, I would like to know as well as I have noticed some build up on the exhaust.
    I previously had a 2012 335is. I used Optmum Polymer's Metal Polish with some steel wool and cotton cloth occasionally on my pipes to keep them clean....er.
    Bluejay3

2012 335is Le Mans Blue Metallic Convertible/Leather Dakota Grey and Black
    • Navigation
    • BMW Assist
    • Cold Weather Package
    • Premium Package
    • 19" Style 313 Wheels
    • DCT
    • Comfort Access
    • Harmon Kardon
    • BMW Apps
    • Combox
    • Matte Black Kidney Grills
    • Painted Reflectors
    • Cobb Tuning AccessPort
    • aFe Stage 2 Intake Package

My Cars
    530i
    Can you guys make a recommendation for a nano tech wheel coating? There are so many wheel sealants out there, (wheel wax, ammo nyc gelee, etc) but it appears that they only last a few weeks much like a coat of wax.

I am interested in a true coating that can be applied once and last at least a year. This is for new BBS wheels that are difficult to clean. Thanks!

My Cars
    11 E90M3, 02 M3, 05 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by rbelton View Post
    Can you guys make a recommendation for a nano tech wheel coating? There are so many wheel sealants out there, (wheel wax, ammo nyc gelee, etc) but it appears that they only last a few weeks much like a coat of wax.

I am interested in a true coating that can be applied once and last at least a year. This is for new BBS wheels that are difficult to clean. Thanks!
    No wheel coating is going to absolve you of the need to clean brake dust off your wheels. Just like dirt sticks to a well polished and waxed car.
    2002 M3
    2011 M3
    2016 X5 40e

My Cars
    1991 BMW E30 318is
    I have dark green oil stains on the headers of my M42 E30, they (as far as I know) are just aluminum. Any idea how to get these out? Low power APC and a pressure washer isnt doing it.

My Cars
    1994 E30 316i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by amirahmad7705 View Post
    Hello Guys I want to clean my engine bay like this one in the picture, I just wanted to know what needs to be covered before washing the engine with water, or is there another alternative to water that will be just as effective. I have a BMW e92 coupe ; if you can circle the areas that need to be covered with a Plastic bag, aluminum foil or saran wrap.
    This guide describes which electrical components need to be covered with plastic before you clean the engine bay. If you don't want to use water, wiping it by hand with a cleaner and a rag would be a start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ralcala View Post
    I use a scent diffuser that plugs into the cigarette lighter. You just put a few drops of essential oil or fragrance oil on the pad inside the diffuser and the scent lasts for a few hours.

My Cars
    BMW M3 Coupe
    Welcome, this is a machine capable of orbital polishing off the "hard water spots" or is a necessary camera? You can introduce a computer, pad, and the polish for this application. Clay bars and hand polishing is not cutting it

My Cars
    1987 BMW L6
    is there a good way to clean the aluminium valve cover and intake without removing them

My Cars
    Bmw 320i msport
    Anybody know how to get black plastic back to normal after acetone as got on it and made it go white 😡😡😡 cheers 👍🏻

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425