Thread: My glove box panel melted off!!!

My glove box panel melted off!!!

First, my door panel bubbled from the heat, now the glovebox panel fell off. This heat is killing me. What glue should I use to re-attach it?

My Cars
    1995 318i
    Geez...I am here in Houston and that hasn't happened to me yet. You would think Texas would be hotter than California. I don't know what would hold it the best...duct tape Yeah, that would look great. Actually hot glue does a really good job of holding stuff together. I have never used it on my car but it might be worth a try.

jy630,
    Words of advice.. Always keep your windows and sunroof cracked on hot days. Park in the shade when possible. Otherwise your door panels WILL bubble. This has happened to alot of guys. It was about 110 degrees and I had my windows rolled up parked in the sun when it happened to me.

My Cars
    1995 318i
    Ahhh yes...I try to get into the habit of getting some circulation throught the car. Unfortunately the weather in Houston changes every second. A few days ago it started out nice and sunny then around 4 clouds came in and it started pouring. It hasn't broken 100 YET here. But I have no doubt it will happen at some point. Thanks for the info.

My Cars
    97 M3/4
    Wow - I had no idea this could happen. I always use the protectant stuff on my dash and other panels. 5 years in TX and my old Accord's dash is looking better than new.

I normally park in the shades, and still put the reflectors on, I don't mind walking the extra steps as long as it's cool when I get to my black/black car

If you keep it long enough in the sun, maybe it'll melt and fill in the cracks:P

-E-