Thread: Somebody tried to steal my ///M valve caps

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Angry

I came out from the movies the other night... and I hit the alarm... it gave me the 3 chirp meaning somebody tampered with my car or somebody's stereo was way way too loud.

So I walk around the car doing the just in case check... And I notice on the passenger side of the car that the dirt around the valve caps has been moved, smudged, tampered with. They tried their hardest to get the valve caps to come off... but they were unsuccessfull. Luckily for me, this time around (I had them stolen before, this is my second set) I tightened them with a pair of pliers to make sure they were on good and tight.

I guess in the wanna be theif's disgust, he tried to at least have something to take home so he went after my ///M Power sticker on the passenger side of the car. He partially removed one of the '///' stripes before he got struck by lightning or something.

Damn theives!
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

they should tar and featherd.

lol
    LEO

My Cars
    E39 M5

Angry Mine too!

It happened to me too. They were a Christmas gift from my SO.

It was three years ago at the Tirerack autox Challange in South Bend, IN.

In the Hotel parking lot where all of us BMW drivers stayed? Pissed me off to know a BMW person took em.

I wished I had that flame throwing BMW in Soth Africa I saw a pic of.

My Cars
    AA Turbo 325, Infiniti
    Hmm. I had my center caps stolen while at driving school at the hotel parking lot. Almost ruined the whole weekend. Makes you not want to go anywhere.

My Cars
    2012 E350
    Someone Jacked some of mine on the Auto-x tech. I was freakin pissed. Im using the plastic crappy ones now. The funny thing is they only stole 2

My Cars
    2001 Acura MDX (Hers) Taking Suggestions for mine
    I just put mine back on from my spare (soon to be track) tires this weekend. I'm going downstairs now with a pair of plyers.
    Silver M3/4
    07/1998-02/05/2004
    May she RIP

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by FatBoyM
    I just put mine back on from my spare (soon to be track) tires this weekend. I'm going downstairs now with a pair of plyers.
    Make sure you have a set of plyers in the car in case you should ever need to take off the valve cap to put air in the tires.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    White 2005 BMW M3 Coupe
    Hey Kevlar, I just bought mine from PacificBMW (via mail-order) and they look sweet, but only another BMW fanatic would notice these. It's just a matter of time before I see one missing so now I know what to do! Use plyers to tighten them. Sorry to hear about the problem. SOB's!!!

It's the price we all pay for having the "Ultimate Driving Machine".

Gio

I went to The driver's seat when i bought mine...they came in a set w/ a tightner keychain

Andrew 97M3

1997 M3 Sedan...
    http://members.cardomain.com/ajp_m3

My Cars
    2001 Acura MDX (Hers) Taking Suggestions for mine
    Originally posted by Kevlar

Make sure you have a set of plyers in the car in case you should ever need to take off the valve cap to put air in the tires.
    Yep, the exact thought occurred to me as I tightened them!
    Silver M3/4
    07/1998-02/05/2004
    May she RIP

My Cars
    E39 M5

Lightbulb Check your tool kit

Originally posted by Kevlar

Heads up you Guy's,

One of the open end wrenches in your BMW tool kit is a perfect fit.

Also don't use them in the winter, there is a reaction with salt that causes the aluminum valve caps to sieze onto the brass threads of the valve.