Thread: Key fob replacement?

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5

Key fob replacement?

I would like to replace my old sticky worn out remote entry key fob. I see some on eBay. Any recommendations on which one to get if any, and how do I set it up for my car? 2001 Z3

tia,
    G.
    Last edited by gordosoar; 07-18-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: more Info

My Cars
    328i coupe
    dealership should do it for you.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0 si
    You can't program it yourself. The dealership will do it for you. If you buy the key from them, it will cost somewhere between $200-300. If you buy it from Ebay and have the dealer cut and program it, cost will depend on how much the dealer likes you.

If you bought your car from them, they might--might--cut you a break and do it gratis, but don't count on it.

My Cars
    2003 540/6
    If you have a key already cut and need to program it, follow these instructions.
    You will need any existing keys with remotes- they will need to be programmed at the same time.

You will need to be inside the car with the doors closed.

1. insert 1 key into ignition
    2. turn the key to the ON position- do not start.
    3. turn the key to the off position- remove key from the ignition
    4. within 10 seconds of removing key, press and hold the unlock button and push the lock button 3 times
    5. let go of both buttons at the same time- you should hear the door locks cycle up and down.
    6. grab the 2nd key- do not insert into ignition.
    7. follow the same button pushing procedure as step 4- locks should cycle again.
    8. if you have more than 2 keys with remotes, follow the button pushing procedure on step 4

My Cars
    528i
    In step 4 I assume you are talking about holding the unlock button on the key and the lock button on the center console?

My Cars
    1995 M3 LTW
    Is your remote integrated into the key? If not, I have the remote 2 button fob. PM me if you are interested.