Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185210225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 5914

Thread: What did you do to your E30 today?

My Cars
    325is
    OK, it was only 175 miles but what a fun day! Car was an angel the whole drive. PDX-Hood River-Timberline Lodge-PDX. Highways, mountain roads, a little city driving, 23.6 MPG!

My Cars
    1987 325seta
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio320i View Post
    Can't say much about your radiator situation except that I have definitely spent more than my fair share of time driving around with substandard cooling systems for, ahem, various reasons. I will only say: no judgment!

This is next on our list for the E30 too, also going with Redline, same as what I have in the E21. Diff mounts are suspect as well so those will get inspected concurrently. Thinking this Sunday, will report back!
    So far so good, the E30 seems to have accepted the aluminum E36 radiator with no hiccups! The needle still moves a little so I'll assume there's some air that's gradually getting burped.

IIRC, your needle would sit at 1/4. Mine used to stoically sit there as well, until I hit traffic and it would climb. I'm suspicious that's from a thermostat rated for the wrong temp, so even though I know my thermostat was installed not long before I sidelined the car, I'll try to install this new 80c unit sooner than later.

---

The Redline finally arrived, so hopefully tomorrow I'll brave the cold and do the deed. Looking forward to this solving some subtle differential "whirring". If not I'll have to assume a new diff is on the shortlist.

My Cars
    80 320i, 87 325 i & is
    Yeah it was around 1/4. It's right at 12:00 now with the new 80C one I just put in. Easy task, though I did have to get a little creative to get the old one out; ultimately a thing to brace against, a screwdriver into the thermostat "arm" and against the brace, and a dead blow hammer on the other end of the screwdriver popped it off. Didn't drain the cooling system first; just refilled and bled it after, seems like you might want to do that anyway. Glad to hear the new rad is rad!

Did you get new aluminum crush washers for the diff plugs? We didn't, and it only had one, which we found in the drain pan after we'd put both plugs back in...

My Cars
    1991 E30
    Pulled the swapped M30B35 out of my 1991 E30 coupe. Missed one bolt on the side of the case right by the clutch slave (not much space in the tunnel with the big 6) and ended up pulling the trans with it. Began prepping front chassis harness for engine bay clean-up. Cussed at it a bunch. The usual.
    Last edited by Scotty635CSi; 02-13-2022 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Replied to own message?

My Cars
    80 320i, 87 325 i & is
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty635CSi View Post
    Pulled the swapped M30B35 out of my 1991 E30 coupe. Missed one bolt on the side of the case right by the clutch slave (not much space in the tunnel with the big 6) and ended up pulling the trans with it. Began prepping front chassis harness for engine bay clean-up. Cussed at it a bunch. The usual.
    Is it even an E30 if you aren’t lobbing obscenities its way at least weekly

My Cars
    82 320i 89 325i
    lol

My Cars
    2004 330i ZHP
    over the weekend, we did the front brakes, Pagid pads and Zimmerman rotors. Sunday was changing the Trans and dif fluids to Redline 75W90 GL-4 and GL-5 respectively.
    Tomorrow I plan to replace two of the 14" tires with a some Hercules Ironman iMove Gen2 AS 195/70R14s. Next weekend will be Fuel filter and related hoses along with hunting down the cause of the surging idle and the intermittent CEL. Fun stuff!

My Cars
    92 320i, 84 325e, 90XJ

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325
    Attempted to get it to run again and ended up in the same place I always do. The car still not working and me irritated.

My Cars
    1987 325seta
    Finally had the time to get back to work. Despite how excited I am to know whether fresh GL-5 will solve my "whirring", I decided to immediately start dismantling my hub and bearings while the car was in position. Clio was kind enough to remind me that your differential should get fresh washers. Apparently the modern standard for that is in fact two brand new plugs. Very shiny. They also have a much larger hex than the old standard, but nothing your average kit won't have included.

The smell of that differential fluid is no freaking joke; if you get any of that stuff on even your work clothes, you'll likely want to use a controlled demolition to vaporize the evidence. I usually work latex-free but I made an exception this time.

The old fluid was so dark and grody that I'd like to assume that will solve my diff noise and can forego a future rebuild.

Also worth noting, you can swap your diff fluid just fine with your wheels on the ground.

I was able to use brute force and a particular size socket to get the hub out of the old bearing (1 of 2 complete). I'm having a harder time with removing the old bearing. I'll probably have to dust the rust off my brother's old bearing press and hope all the parts are intact. I was hoping to only need to use this for installation, but unless things change tomorrow, I'll be going the orthodox way for the bearing extraction. Great time to replace my rusted-out emergency cable, the new one has been staring at me from the backseat for a while now.

Worst case scenario, I'll make the 30-minute drive to the nearest O-O-O and rent a new kit.

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Finally! (NOT CHROMED YET!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by 300kplus View Post
    Finally! (NOT CHROMED YET!)

Finally got my new 17 inch rims with my Michelin PS 4’s A/S Ultra Performance tires on! Crisp, quiet, and handling quite well on the back roads of Connecticut between 80 and 100 miles an hour. 130+ on the interstate as well. Still think I might’ve been able to get away with 18’s but didn’t want to chance fugingging with this suspension. YET…
    Kind of new to the area but found an excellent paint guy, and a really good fix a dent guy (Paintless)
    He told me on the phone even the dents that are on a body line are doable. He said any damn guy that’s telling you they’re not, is trying to get out of doing the work and, is probably not worth talking to. I am going to find out for sure live and in color on Saturday even though I don’t have any things that are on a body line on the 02 pictured. I was told one of the dents I do have (by more than one of these guys) he can remove. I described it as somebody taking a screwdriver and Clenching it with their fist (top down) and banging the very top of the handle into my passenger door panel, creating a round deep dent. The dings are concentrated around this deeper around dent all on my passenger side door panel. Can’t wait to see what this guy can do because then, body wise, The car will be a “9” out of 10.
    Once I get the hood painted and the bumper corner touched up or painted, it’ll be a 10!
    Snotty lied to me about knowing somebody that chrome‘s wheels. Said he had to hook up. I was told I’d have to wait for five months, stand in line, and the dude looked at me and said who the FU** do you think you are and I don’t know any Snotty! Wait your FU**ing turn - 6 months if you’re lucky!
    UUUUUUUUURGH!
    ROTFLMFAAAAAAAO!!

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Finally got my new 17 inch rims with my Michelin PS 4’s A/S Ultra Performance tires on! Crisp, quiet, and handling quite well on the back roads of Connecticut between 80 and 100 miles an hour. 130+ on the interstate as well. Still think I might’ve been able to get away with 18’s but didn’t want to chance fugingging with this suspension. YET…
    Kind of new to the area but found an excellent paint guy, and a really good fix a dent guy (Paintless)
    He told me on the phone even the dents that are on a body line are doable. He said any damn guy that’s telling you they’re not, is trying to get out of doing the work and, is probably not worth talking to. I am going to find out for sure live and in color on Saturday even though I don’t have any things that are on a body line on the 02 pictured. I was told one of the dents I do have (by more than one of these guys) he can remove. I described it as somebody taking a screwdriver and Clenching it with their fist (top down) and banging the very top of the handle into my passenger door panel, creating a round deep dent. The dings are concentrated around this deeper around dent all on my passenger side door panel. Can’t wait to see what this guy can do because then, body wise, The car will be a “9” out of 10.
    Once I get the hood painted and the bumper corner touched up or painted, it’ll be a 10!
    Snotty lied to me about knowing somebody that chrome‘s wheels. Said he had to hook up. I was told I’d have to wait for five months, stand in line, and the dude looked at me and said who the FU** do you think you are and I don’t know any Snotty! Wait your FU**ing turn - 6 months if you’re lucky!
    UUUUUUUUURGH!
    ROTFLMFAAAAAAAO!!

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Hopefully THIS POST WILL POST! Tried posting pictures of my wheels and tires but Bimmerforums in Tapatalk is not having it! Russian?

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    FUCKING retardedness!
    I’ve only posted on here may be 100 times?

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Snotty lied to me about knowing somebody that chrome‘s wheels. Said he had the hook up. I was told I’d have to wait for five months, stand in line, and the dude looked at me and said who the FU** do you think you are and I don’t know any Snotty! Wait your FU**ing turn - 6 months if you’re lucky!
    UUUUUUUUURGH!
    ROTFLMFAAAAAAAO!!

My Cars
    1987 325seta
    UUUUUUUUURGH!
    ROTFLMFAAAAAAAO!!

What a piece of work, some people have no couth. I'd take my business elsewhere and relay your experience on his business's Yelp page. Attitudes like that are disgusting.

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70

FINALLY! The TAPATALK picture god’s accepted my new wheels and tires pics!!
    SMH!!!!!

Anyway lads, she purrs like a kitten now with these new Michelin PS 4’s

Nice and tight through the back roads in Connecticut and at 130 miles an hour plus or minus on the interstate.

Happy!

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Not sure how to delete my frustration after trying to post pics for half an hour but eh…

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Not sure how to delete my frustration after trying to post pics for half an hour but eh…

Holy crap it worked!

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGE30 View Post
    What a piece of work, some people have no couth. I'd take my business elsewhere and relay your experience on his business's Yelp page. Attitudes like that are disgusting.
    My exact sentiments!
    JUST LOOK at what I have to endure for at least six months!!
    Sure hope I don’t get used to them and decide not to chrome them… LOL

My Cars
    1987 325is, 2006 Z4 3.0i
    300kplus, did you mean to post the E39 5 series in the E30 3 series thread? Did you get lost?

dj Roo
    ‘87 325is, ‘06 Z4

My Cars
    '98 540i '01 540i 13 E70
    OMG!!!!!!

SHHHHHHHH!!!!

Don’t tell anyone!

Had problems posting pictures through Tapatalk last night major major issues. Anyway enjoy my wheels.

‘98 M62, 01 M62, ‘13 3.0 X5 L.C.I.

Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135185210225226227228229230231232233234235236237 LastLast